PDA

View Full Version : Manny Puig with his polespear

a.s.alvarez
08-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I live in Miami and a ran into Manny Puig at a local Marina. He had been out pole spearing dorado, Nine of the them! All nice size, nothing huge, but nice. He took the time to talk to me about his polespear set up and show it to me. I own a puig and have been very happy with it. Manny is a very nice guy and one hell of a diver.

Rinaldo
08-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I see him all the Time at Mr. Moe's in the Grove and at Bougainvilleas in South Miami. He is a great guy and very approachable and he remembers my name most of the time which is awesome as he's sort of a hero of mine.

SnpperWhisperer
08-04-2008, 05:29 AM
I wish we had someone like Manny on this forum. We could learn so much from him. And he's probably got some wickedly good photos.

SD Waterman
08-06-2008, 11:21 PM
man, i wanna meet him.

phreediver
08-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm glad to hear you all had better experiences with him He used to come into the Outback in Islamorada, where I worked. He always came with an entourage and they were very demanding and seemed a bit toolish about attention. If he wasn't getting extra attention then he would leave.

Perhaps a mistaken perception by me, but I didn't get a very impression of him. BUT, like I said I hope he's better than that.