PDA

View Full Version : Another shark attack

Ramiro
09-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Saw this on MSNBC
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26656633/

MauiFreeDiver
09-11-2008, 02:31 PM
The news said he got most of his right thigh taken off, he asked another surfer to follow him in just in case he passed out while paddling in, when they got to the beach they used a towel to stop the bleeding which ultimatley saved his life. There have been a lot of tigers spotted all over hawaii recently, and when winter time comes and the whales come back we will be seeing a whole lot more. Not to mention we are seeing more and more great whites down here, I would appreciate it if you cali guys can control your sharks a little better, geez, j/k

BIGisland Boy
09-12-2008, 04:51 AM
I think its time for a little shark eradication. There have always been quite a few sharks here, but it just seems like they've been a little more brave/aggressive lately.

Smudge
09-12-2008, 05:26 AM
That's just stupid. The reason there are more shark attacks here on Oahu is because there are more people in the water. Not more sharks. More people means more chances of an encounter. Historically I think FL, Datona Beach specifically has more shark attacks than anywhere else in the states just because there are so many damn people in the water!!

Sin
09-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Here's another story on it.
http://starbulletin.com/2008/09/11/news/story02.html

Its funny how at the end it says "stay away from people that are spearfishing"

MauiFreeDiver
09-13-2008, 03:36 PM
I think its time for a little shark eradication. .

Wow, I guess your not a "Local" BIGisland Boy! That was an ignorant statement.

Smudge
09-13-2008, 05:35 PM
No shit, I'm straight up haole and I've only been here six months and already know enough about Hawaiian Culture to know better than to say some stupid shit like that.

Daddy_Jeffy
09-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Picture of his leg
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq309/JennaSeaSurf/sharkattack.jpg
EXTREMELY GRAPHIC
Wish him a speedy recovery
JT

MauiFreeDiver
09-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Damn:eek:. They said it was bad on the news, but of course no pictures, how did you get this pic? Man, I hope he is having a good recovery, I wish him well.

Daddy_Jeffy
09-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Surfermag.com. I checked, it is him. Consistent with the news report and the interview with him. I have surfed this break. It is a long swim out as you have to go around the reef. Must have been an even longer swim back in...

kingfisherflesh
09-22-2008, 02:47 PM
I have never surfed and I would like to learn, but it seems to me that you are just asking to be attacked. On top of getting scraped up on rocks and the such, you also pose as a large, slow, surface animal. I wish him a speedy recovery as well, but we must respect the fact that when you go in the ocean you are a visiter in the sharks house, so be prepared to play by his rules.

Daddy_Jeffy
09-22-2008, 04:21 PM
If you have never surfed you shouldn't start. The risks way outweigh the rewards. Tell all your friends.
JT

Smudge
09-23-2008, 10:22 PM
lol :D

kingfisherflesh
10-06-2008, 02:49 PM
If that was true, nobody would do it... :D

Witch
10-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Thats some span .....

headshot
11-15-2008, 03:46 AM
I am glad he made it home, to surf another day.

pavlov0032
11-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Picture of his leg
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq309/JennaSeaSurf/sharkattack.jpg
EXTREMELY GRAPHIC
Wish him a speedy recovery
JT

This kind of wound could be sewn together.. Hopefully he has good insurance and hospital could do the operation.. (there no separation of the joints, some muscle tears, that kind of wound could be easily put together by a surgeon and a neurosurgeon)

Scott
11-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Looks like his mouth was at least a good 3 feet wide, ouch!:eek:

Haywire
11-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Check out the Documentary Sharkwater, it needs to be told about what's happening to our oceans.

FDU
11-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Sharkwater is an absolutely amazing film and definitely shows the truth of what is happening to our oceans and the Sharks in general. its going to be a very sad future for our oceans if it keeps up

t-bone1
11-23-2008, 04:08 PM
The news said he got most of his right thigh taken off, he asked another surfer to follow him in just in case he passed out while paddling in, when they got to the beach they used a towel to stop the bleeding which ultimatley saved his life. There have been a lot of tigers spotted all over hawaii recently, and when winter time comes and the whales come back we will be seeing a whole lot more. Not to mention we are seeing more and more great whites down here, I would appreciate it if you cali guys can control your sharks a little better, geez, j/k

:lol: We try to control our whites but for some reason they want to live in Hawaii. Go figure!

ROBERTO REYES
11-23-2008, 04:50 PM
:lol: We try to control our whites but for some reason they want to live in Hawaii. Go figure!

Hahaha
:lol:

But seriously, shark population will escalate fast, and if you read
the old days papers, there will be more "accidents".
Its just that, they live there, we are just visiting.