PDA

View Full Version : Jax / St Aug Tournement

Paul
12-30-2002, 09:51 AM
I am interested in putting together a little spearfishing tournement offshore Jax in the March timeframe. Picked March Because water temp ought to be back in the low 70's but still lots of big fish. First does any one have any interest in participating?
Second does any one have any format or rules available? Its been quite awhile since we have had any tournements up here.

Thanks
Paul

seastalker
12-30-2002, 01:14 PM
I'm sure I could put together a team to give you a run ..........let's hear the details......

Grauer
12-30-2002, 01:41 PM
Id be willing to paticipate, however im from the west coast and would prob need to hook up with someone over there.

greyface
12-30-2002, 03:12 PM
Oh hell yeah! Count me in!:D

slipknot
12-30-2002, 04:02 PM
BRING IT ON !!! :D :D :D :cool:

liberty hound
12-30-2002, 04:10 PM
I'm in there and let me know if I can help.

dabulltrouble
12-30-2002, 04:13 PM
hey seastalker.i know you dont want to hear this but lets just go and shoot fish and dont enter the tournament cause its to far to drive.seriiousely i would be interested if you enter and need another masterblaster.i promise not to blow anymore stinkbombs

Screen Name
12-30-2002, 07:30 PM
March seems good to us westerners because there are no tournaments scheduled for that month here. Weather can be a little iffy, but if its nice in March I'm diving. I would suggest set up a plan thats easy to reschedule if the weather sucks.

Tournaments on this side start, I believe, April 12 with the state freedive championship in Bayport, and are pretty regular after that. It would be tricky to find a date (maybe mid May) that didn't conflict after April. Put the 2nd Annual Tarpon Springs Tournament (Mid June, Father's day weekend I think), St. Pete Open (August 16), and Southern Open Sate Championship (Sept 13) on your calendar and plan on attending, all great tourneys.

Go to http://www.fsda-wcc.com/ for Southern Open rules/regs/entry form and http://www.spearfishingspuc.org/ for St. Pete Open rules/regs/entry if you want some ideas. Spearfishing Magazine http://www.spearfishingmagazine.com/index.html will list your event for free if you contact them way early, like soon.

Some kind of incentive for people to preregister (like a speargun drawing for preregistrants with money back if small craft) or they can stay at your house for free or something of that nature might help you size up the likely number of participants.

Have it in March and we will be there! (if it's not blowing like a bitch)

PS: I'll be there even if it is blowing if I can dive with Liberty Hound ;) (good recent fish pics)

Steel Shootin'
12-30-2002, 07:44 PM
I am working on putting together a spearboard.com spearfishing tournement. I can't make any promises yet, but I am thinking about a calcutta format with prizes. More announcements to be made, but I'll probably shoot for a late April date, which shouldn't conflict with the dates you're talking about.

johnhermes
12-30-2002, 08:03 PM
In the official "Spearboard" tournament, the moderators will be the official fish weigher's, and we get to weigh our own fish too! :D

Screen Name
12-30-2002, 08:29 PM
I'll be a slayer, you be a weigher!:D

Steel Shootin'
12-30-2002, 08:34 PM
Based on collaboration with Screen Name, it's looking like the official Spearboard tourney will be in mid-May, 2003. Stay tuned for offical dates, rules, etc.

Be assured that John won't be permitting to weigh anything, but I am working on Screen Name to be the Master of Ceremony. :D

Divin' fool
12-31-2002, 07:59 AM
Will the Spearboard tourney be on the West coast? Us E coasters would really feel bad wippin' you guys on your own turf:D :D

dabulltrouble
12-31-2002, 12:53 PM
east vs west.that sounds like good competition.maybe we could have a fartin contest while were at it.i know i would take 1st place in the sound and aroma categories....the master blaster

Steel Shootin'
12-31-2002, 03:07 PM
We got some pretty good shooters over here. You guys better bring your A game. :D

Demere
01-02-2003, 07:11 AM
Mischief and crew would love to kick ya'lls asses(or @ least try to!)
Count us in.

Shooter Dan
01-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Shooter Standing By.

Have shafts, will travel (to kick some fishass on the East Coast)

Divin' fool
01-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Alright....now we're getting some blood flowing:D

greyface
01-02-2003, 05:19 PM
If everyone didn't already know what a greenhorn I am, I'd be runnin' some serious smack right about now...ah, what the ****...
Sorry to bust yer cherry, left coasters, but flounder will not be part of the calcutta! ;) We're still looking forward to meeting y'all. Cool name...Team GIGABITE! We heard yer Capt. knows a new way to string fish.

There, that should stir the pot a little. Now I'm ready for my black eye...:D

subdude
01-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Don't group all us NWF folks together.

Not all of us filibuster chat boards and string fish through their lips.:eek:

I'd love to come to the jax area for a visit and murder some fishies, tournament or not.

subdude

100days-a-year
01-05-2003, 05:01 PM
What a nice surprise.I come home from a week in Mickeyland to find talk of killing fish in my stompin' grounds .I can line up some local amatuers(snicker)How would you lefties like access to some hot #s.I have #s for the local fishmarkets and a coupla barges sunk in the ST. Johns river where all the big fish hand out.;)

greyface
01-05-2003, 06:34 PM
Yeah, the vis in the St. Johns is x-cellent in the spring!:D Really!:D

dlock
01-06-2003, 03:28 PM
don't be a "slaya hayta",you know the Gulf Coast is the true spearfisherman's paradise!!!!!!

dabulltrouble
01-06-2003, 06:01 PM
easy boys.dont want to get us west coasters all riled up.i might just have to go back over to the east coast and slay another 51 lb gag,and show you guys how its done

JCACTION
01-08-2003, 09:20 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

YEAH

would love to meet with you guys. Ill try to bring my A game but im sure we will have fun no matter what

Count me and three of my buddies in !!!!!!!!

JC

blue gun
01-09-2003, 05:15 PM
The "MORNINGWOOD" is on the prowl. BOOM-string-load,BOOM-string-load,BOOM-string-load.

Shot fish and then party. Lie like a fisherman. Fall down.:D

100days-a-year
01-09-2003, 05:43 PM
Get a date and I'll carry the word.I'm in most of the shops 1nce or twice a month,but live outta APD.Don't piss off the old man there,Steve Sr. has a room fulla state and world trophies.

slipknot
01-09-2003, 06:03 PM
"MORNINGWOOD" HUNT TEAM, #1 cause of fish migranes in N.E.Florida.
DEATH FROM ABOVE !:D :cool:

blue gun
01-09-2003, 08:42 PM
when i first started spearing a few years ago i went on steves boat. he told me and my buddy to only shoot the big snappers. so we shot 7 snapper and all were short. he was a little pissed so he made my friend clean them and steve took them to his mom. still makes me laugh.:p don't mind going on some of these boats but steve had some guy with a banana hammock doing some kind of muscle flex shit that really gave me the creeps. that was the last time on that boat. i did see porch at the benefit for allen.
apd are the only ones selling powerheads and scuba pro so what ya gonna do? im going to apd.:D

SemorBugs
01-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Paul,
When you get back from the Tortugas let's plan it
John