View Full Version : Tip options for JBL?

12-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I have a JBL polespear which I'm going to be using a lot more than I anticipated when I originally bought it to compete in a polespear meet.

What are my tip options besides the JBL tips? I have looked around at Crist spears and gat-ku. It looks like I could get a JUMBO Crist paralyzer that would fit the 6mm threads on the JBL. Am I correct that this would fit with no problems, or is the threaded portion not long enough to fit stably?

As per a recommendation I read in another thread (search option to the rescue:thumps:), I would also like a solid shaft with a flopper as the best all-around setup. The thread on that is 3/4" though. Is there another shaft option out there that would fit, or a thread adapter that's not impossible to locate? I'm not opposed to doing a DIY job to save money.

Thanks everyone.

12-23-2008, 10:45 PM
i thought dustin at gat-ku used to make a thread adapter for his tips.. give him a call or pm (isibrigade) i would be using the gat-ku flopper, if i wasnt always rockin the 3prong...

12-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Much appreciated, Patrick.

12-24-2008, 07:44 AM
My paralyzer will fit your JBL no problem. The thread on the end of your spear is 6mm. Gat-Ku makes quality stuff and you won't go wrong buying his gear. What patrick said about needing an adapter is correct, you'll need one 3/8"-24 male by 6mm female.