PDA

View Full Version : Pole Spearing on Speargun Hunter

a.s.alvarez
01-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Sheri, did a a show on Speargun Hunter that just Aired about Pole Spearing with Manny Puig. Great show check it out.

Divefresh
01-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Saw it early this morn...She has got skills for a first time pole spearo! She nailed everything she aimed at...and the fast going away shot on the Mutton...I'm in love damn it!

Silentspear
01-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Do you have to buy it or is it just on T.v?

Jimy286
01-29-2009, 09:06 PM
What channel is it....(number wise)

clavinr
01-29-2009, 09:55 PM
I missed it. I have seen two episodes so far on Outdoor channel. I have it on Verizon Fios channel 307 I don't know if that helps.

I shot some togs with a Puig this summer. Alot of fun...I also am ashamed to admit that I shot more rocks than togs!

a.s.alvarez
01-30-2009, 12:43 AM
I have it on Direct TV,channel 606, Outdoor Channel

kraziac
01-30-2009, 12:46 PM
I saw it.......I've got all th episodes recorded..pretty sick....did you check out Manny's dive knife that he made? I really wanted him to pull that out on a fish. Are his polespears that good, or are they no different from others? I wanted to buy one but don't know if its worth it, or if I'll use it more than a gun.
-Simon

Divefresh
01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
That blade was the size of his leg! WTF?

kraziac
01-30-2009, 01:55 PM
the handle was so damn big i wonder how he even held it. seems a little tooo big if you ask me....but anyone used his polespears, how are they?

kraziac
01-30-2009, 01:56 PM
maybe he used the knife to hunt killer whales :)

SnpperWhisperer
01-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Are his polespears that good, or are they no different from others?

I use one most of the time and I find it is very good, I guess I'd say it is flawless for most of what I do (mostly fish from 1 to 30 pounds), although sometimes I use a smaller 3 prong for some areas or a larger spear for bigger kingfish. There are other options that are also extremely good, and cheaper, but you wouldn't go wrong with a Puig spear.

You have to really put your gun away for a year or so to get good with a pole spear. If you have the two available on a boat, you'll just use the one that gets the most fish, because it takes time to get the skills to land fish with a pole spear. But you'll find like some of us on here that it is far more enjoyable than a gun once you are hooked and have some basic skills.

HANGTIME NC
01-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Dish net channel 153.

a.s.alvarez
01-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Are his polespears that good, or are they no different from others?

I use one most of the time and I find it is very good, I guess I'd say it is flawless for most of what I do (mostly fish from 1 to 30 pounds), although sometimes I use a smaller 3 prong for some areas or a larger spear for bigger kingfish. There are other options that are also extremely good, and cheaper, but you wouldn't go wrong with a Puig spear.

You have to really put your gun away for a year or so to get good with a pole spear. If you have the two available on a boat, you'll just use the one that gets the most fish, because it takes time to get the skills to land fish with a pole spear. But you'll find like some of us on here that it is far more enjoyable than a gun once you are hooked and have some basic skills.

WHAT HE SAID!!
I own a few pole spears, the Manny Puig is my day to day. Love it, VERY well made. Can not got wrong.

josedesucre
01-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Did you notice the fins that Manny Puig used in the show? Obviously he believes in keeping his equipment as primitive as possible. There is no doubt the guy is a super diver, though.

kraziac
01-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Did you notice the fins that Manny Puig used in the show? Obviously he believes in keeping his equipment as primitive as possible. There is no doubt the guy is a super diver, though.
I saw that. I just wonder what his personality would be like if you were to meet him.

josedesucre
01-31-2009, 07:46 PM
I have not meet him but, for what I saw in the show, what I've read about him, and his deliberate choice of a polespear instead of any speargun, Mr. Puig seems to be "the real thing", or in other words, one person I would feel very good to be friend with.

clavinr
01-31-2009, 08:33 PM
I saw the show this morning and it was awesome! My wife (who doesn't spearfish) loved the show also.

AS Are your going to The Blue Wild?

a.s.alvarez
02-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Clavin, I will be there? Are you going hope to met you there.

I have met Manny Puig numerous times here in Miami from the local scene. Over the past 15 plus years, and He is a super nice guy. And yes he is the REAL DEAL.

clavinr
02-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Alfredo,

I will be there. I have a booth, if I am wandering around, just call me cell phone and I'll catch up with you. I wish I had more time to do some diving while I am there!

a.s.alvarez
02-02-2009, 10:15 PM
When ever you come down to Miami I will take you out. The weather this weekend is going to SUCK!!! If there is a break in the weather and you are here we head out.

clavinr
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I'll hold you to that! I won't be able to this weekend because we made it a short trip...just enough time for the show, not enough to enjoy a full day of diving. I'll see you on the weekend!

diveasr
02-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Wow Sheri i have just watched it and i've got to say that you're a natural!
congratulations on your first fish!
I love Speargun Hunter and watch it every time i can!

alberto