PDA

View Full Version : 2-7 dive for rob day!

sailcrazy
02-08-2009, 10:15 AM
today was a 3 tank and lunch trip for rob on sandys sunday with all money going to rob:thumps: the conditions werent perfect however a great time was still had by all. the conditions were doable with 3-5ft seas a light n current and 60ft of vis. the first dive produced a nice 6-7 pound hog and a few bugs i think the temp was 66:eek: second dive a lil warmer at 68 and the gang got a 20-25 pound gag, a mutton and did good on lobster:thumps: we took a vote on the surface interval and everyone decided they had enough bugs, fish and cold so we headed to the dock for our lunch. i would like to thank our customers and divers direct for donating gifts for the cause. we ended up raising around 900 dollars for rob and cant wait for him to join us again:thumps:

mrbowdeadly
02-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Kudos! Glad to see people banding together to help those in need. Looks like yall had a good time too!!

MBD

gettinwet
02-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Here is one other picture of Lauryn. (lilmurph561)

Headhunter561's Mom
02-08-2009, 11:16 AM
I do not think I can thank you all enough. The weather was certainly not perfect and the fact that all of you did not cancel is a true testament to how amazingly kind and thoughtful this group is. Seeing these pictures gave me such a perfect start to the day, THEY ARE GREAT! and tonight we will all eat the lobster and grouper that you gave us to share with Rob, I am so looking forward to that.

We enjoyed meeting everyone and I am REALLY glad I came down to the dock to welcome you back and to personally thank each and everyone one of you for the kindness you showed our family. Lauren has been welcomed into the dive world by the most gracious and loving of divers and teachers and I just want to say a special thank you to Sandy and Vicki for their huge hearts. It has been my distinct pleasure to get to know them and I hope this is just the beginning of a special friendship for all of us. Hopefully, I will have many more opportunities to visit with the rest of the group and Rob will soon have the pleasure of diving with you. I am sure he will want to be back in the water with you all as soon as humanly possible.

Our mission now is to SAVE DIVERS LIVES, so please be safe out there!!

An enormous thanks again to all of you!

Sandie (Rob's mom)

headhunter561
02-08-2009, 02:24 PM
WOW Sandy, Vicki, Matt and everyone else who went out that day, thank You so much from the bottom of my heart. I am so blown away by your generosity. The money will go to a great cause as I am continuing the healing process and will soon begin to be fitted for prosthetics. Thank you for certifying Lauryn, I know she is in great hands with Sandy as her instructor. I can't wait to get out there and dive with you guys again and my little sister for the first time!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

IslandFever
02-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Way to go Lauryn!!! Welcome to the underwater world.

Nice catch...and a great job helping Rob out :thumps:

Gradyman
02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
WTG everyone! Great people for a great cause...you all are awesome!!

With all that instruction Rob your lil sis is gonna give you a "run for the money" when it comes time to compare stringers!

Mobile Diver
02-09-2009, 07:12 AM
Great trip for a great cause!!:thumps:

Gruper Reeper
02-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Can't think of a better cause .. congrats on a great day and bearing the conditions .. Lauren ... get used to holding gags with Rob as your brother!! Next step is cleaning it.

Petra
02-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Lauren!! You go, Girl!! So proud of you!! :) You look awesome holding those fish!! Can't wait to dive with you and your brother!!

Wouldja be my dive buddy some time soon?

DiveGal
02-09-2009, 01:49 PM
What a wonderful group! Despite the cold, you managed to have a good day! :thumps: Lauryn, how long have you been hunting? Nice fish!

headhunter561
02-09-2009, 01:58 PM
she is a brand new diver and is finishing up her certification. I can't wait to dive with my little sis. Emily, I will tell her about the ladygadivers, I am sure she will want to join.

Vicskim
02-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh no they are multiplying :). Nice work braving the high sea's Saturday for a great cause; and lilmurph what a sloppy day for certification, I see you have your brothers iron gut. Most of the divers out with us threw in the towel after one dive; I know that I was pretty close also.

DiveGal
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Emily, I will tell her about the ladygadivers, I am sure she will want to join.

We welcome her with open arms! lilmurph561, we'd love to show you how the girls do it! :p We have a social on 2/21. Drop Petra a PM if you'd like to join us.

LilMurph561
02-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Hey everyone! Thanks for the encouragement! I'm SO excited to be able to dive with my brother. I cant wait for him to teach my how to catch the big fish.

Petra I'll be your dive buddy any day. If theres anyone I'd want to have my back out there its you!! I'd love to join you ladies at the social too. Let me know when/where