PDA

View Full Version : Experimental Bands

classtimesailer
05-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I thought it might be a good idea to pick up the band conversation from the experimental pole spear thread.

Aaron,
I had no idea that you and everyone else had changed to 5/8 inch band material.
What is the size of the hole in the 5/8 you are using on your personal spear? And if you were putting new bands on a 6 footer, what length (knot to knot) would you use? I currently have 36 inches of 1/2 inch with 1/8 inch wall.

How is everyone else powering their CRIST spears? I have some 9/16 speargun rubber that I haven't tried yet. It just feels too strong.

Jeff

azspearo
05-10-2009, 12:18 AM
The 5/8" band has a 3/8" hole and at 300% draw it is at 80lb pull.
For 6' spears 32"-36" rubbers are the norm when the rubber is drawn up 80% of the spear.

ocean_314
05-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I have just put a speargun band on my polespear and when i pull the band hard it bends the polespear. Question does this matter when shooting a fish withing a couple of feet?
I like the power for lings.

FIT4FISH
05-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I have just put a speargun band on my polespear and when i pull the band hard it bends the polespear. Question does this matter when shooting a fish withing a couple of feet?
I like the power for lings.

Try wrapping the band around the spear. Twist spear before the stretch. This gives a rifling affect to the spear.