Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Area (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Super Volcano in Yellowstone (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=193953)

Marcus 06-17-2017 10:51 PM

Super Volcano in Yellowstone

Scientists Warn Current Yellowstone Quake-Swarm "Could Rip The Guts Out Of America"

Quote:

U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) seismology reports conclude that a massive swarm of earthquakes swept through the park on Friday triggering more than 60 separate events in which seismographs spiked to magnitudes of up to 5.0.
Did you feel any of that Mepps? Be careful. Sorry for my ignorance if you're nowhere near there to be affected. As I understand it, there's a massive volcano forming there and the land is rising a few inches a year due to the pressure.

mepps1 06-17-2017 11:04 PM

Re: Super Volcano in Yellowstone

No, nothing here. We're on the opposite end of the state. No worries. If it ever blew, we'd be under about thirty feet of ash. There's not really much preparation required for that sort of event.

Oldsarge 06-18-2017 11:00 PM

Geologists have no reason to believe that there is anything untoward going on. Yellowstone rises and falls regularly as the lava ebbs and flows.

phil herranen 06-18-2017 11:48 PM

Worst case it blows and half the US is instantly dead and and all the ash in the air cools the earth and stops any chance of global warming , the same people that are worried about warming now will be trying to figure out how to make it warmer as we plunge into a new ice age

North Star 06-19-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepps1 (Post 2144246)
No, nothing here. We're on the opposite end of the state. No worries. If it ever blew, we'd be under about thirty feet of ash. There's not really much preparation required for that sort of event.

Indeed. The only preparation required is to be prepared to die. Repentance of sin, and faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and you are good to go...

SubSub 06-19-2017 01:56 PM

You're all doomed!

mepps1 06-19-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by North Star (Post 2144395)
Indeed. The only preparation required is to be prepared to die. Repentance of sin, and faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and you are good to go...

Truth. But all else being equal, I'd rather not just yet.;)

Marcus 07-08-2017 10:01 PM

Rut Row... Stay safe. Ya know, I was thinking, If'n you had a chimney that was small at the top but wide at the bottom...that would be good protection from ash fall. Of course you'd need some food/water inside and a plan to get out of it...but a solid idea. Maybe you could convert one of the grain silos around there? ;)

"Ready To Blow" - National Geographic's Guide To The Yellowstone Supervolcano

Timinator 07-09-2017 09:33 AM

I'm selling Super Volcano insurance if anybody is interested....

riplipper 07-10-2017 11:08 AM

crap, and I was hoping to sell my carbon credits....

Marcus 08-15-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riplipper (Post 2146523)
crap, and I was hoping to sell my carbon credits....

:D Better sell them now. They'll be worthless/futile after she blows...but you never know, some of those brainwashed leftists might buy them at a discount price.