Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   World Cup Laz Paz Bluewater Tournament - July 6-10, 2009 (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   ANNOUNCING - the World Cup Invitational Bluewater Meet - July 6-10, 2009 (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=72659)

SpearMax 11-03-2008 10:17 PM

ANNOUNCING - the World Cup Invitational Bluewater Meet - July 6-10, 2009

1 Attachment(s)
Here we go again - GR are you out there?

Announcing another great tournament by our friend Dennis Haussler:

HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!

The dates for next years World Cup Invitational Bluewater Meet will be July 6-10, 2009. Once again it will be held at La Ventana Mexico, with host Tim Hatler and his crew at Palapas Ventana, stepping up for another year of excellent hospitality.

The competitor list is already forming with a good mix of top comp divers, and new talent. Bernie Finnerty, James McCollum, Ian Puckeridge, GR Tarr, Brian Head, Max and Carlos from Brazil, the McGuire brothers, even the young gun squad from colorado are in!!!

The meet is a CASH purse for 1st and 2nd place, and the sponsor list is top notch, with gear from some of the best companies in the world! Diving last year was outstanding, with a wide variety of fish, and good weather, so we will cross our fingers and hope for similar or better conditions.

Cost is all inclusive, except transfer, air, and alcohol, so if your interested, contact me at dennis@20fathoms.com, and I'll shoot you the info.

You can see the results and stories from the last years at www.20fathoms.com/worldcup.

There are options for coming early, or staying late, so come on down and take part in what is becoming the Bisby of the bluewater world. Come early and hunt the reef for those tackle busting pargo, and enjoy the beauty and excitment of this World Class event!

Attendance is limited to first 30 divers.

Best Regards
Dennis Haussler
Redwood City CA
www.20fathoms.com

Rinaldo 11-04-2008 12:50 AM

Re: ANNOUNCING - the World Cup Invitational Bluewater Meet - July 6-10, 2009

Looks awesome. I will make it one year !

scubadown16 11-04-2008 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In honor of a truely manifacent women and Great Spearo who recently past away... Bonnie Row who was one of the original competitors of this meet... I will be returning to this tournament not only to compete.. But to also place a small memorial at the very spot where I took this photo of her and the only bait ball I have ever seen...

James Hardesty

billder99 01-18-2009 01:28 PM

Hi Dennis,

It killed me that I missed the fun in '08, and I would like to join in for '09. My concern is that I don't want to take a seat from a high level competitor. I am a 50'/1:30 hunter, and a really lousy shot (drives me nuts, but I keep working to improve)... it would disgrace me to miss one of those beautiful wahoo when you are there to see my lame shot.

If you don't sell all 30 spots, count me in!, but I'm sure that will not be a problem. Barring the "open man" entry, what is the chance of coming down to help as Support Crew... I am a willing and capable worker, tequila drinker, and all around positive influence.

As last year, you are invited to Loreto either before or after the Open... I know the reefs as well as anyone around, my finely tuned Panga is always raring to go, and you are welcome to the use of our guest Casita.

Killingcarp 01-19-2009 06:19 PM

Hey billder99, just want to say that last year was my first time hunting in the blue water, and what a great experance. and as far as missing fish i did pleanty of that. so just sayin you should come

dennishaussler 01-22-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billder99 (Post 864154)
Hi Dennis,

It killed me that I missed the fun in '08, and I would like to join in for '09. My concern is that I don't want to take a seat from a high level competitor. I am a 50'/1:30 hunter, and a really lousy shot (drives me nuts, but I keep working to improve)... it would disgrace me to miss one of those beautiful wahoo when you are there to see my lame shot.

If you don't sell all 30 spots, count me in!, but I'm sure that will not be a problem. Barring the "open man" entry, what is the chance of coming down to help as Support Crew... I am a willing and capable worker, tequila drinker, and all around positive influence.

As last year, you are invited to Loreto either before or after the Open... I know the reefs as well as anyone around, my finely tuned Panga is always raring to go, and you are welcome to the use of our guest Casita.

Billder

Your welcome to come, 50' and 1;30 times is good enough to shoot fish.
PM me and we can talk about it more. best to contact me at dennis@20fathoms.com, as I don;t always punch on the SB.
lets talk

billder99 01-23-2009 08:23 AM

Hola Dennis & KC,

Thanks for the encouragement. OK then, I'm on. Can you send me something that details registration fees, where to send fees, dates, etc?

Maybe you guys can give me some tips to help me learn to shoot straight. I am opening a separate thread on the subject "Learning to Shoot Straight"... any ideas are much appreciated

Gracias, Bill Doyle

sticknrelease 02-06-2009 11:59 PM

OK, so who is going? When are people getting there to scout? Anybody staying late? I'm trying to talk my checkbook into letting me go, let's get some information out there for me please...

dennishaussler 02-12-2009 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the latest on the WC for this year.
The list of attendees is growing,
and the sponsors have stepped up.
I wanted to get the new flyer out, and let folks know we still have some room.
If your interested, please contact me at dennis@20fathoms.com, and I'll give you the scoop and answer any questions I can.

FreedivinFool 02-12-2009 03:05 PM

I wish i could do this tournament that would be so sick! Good luck to everyone competing and dive safe!

PistoleroDelMar 03-24-2009 08:51 PM

Is this tournamet open for La Paz Locals?

sticknrelease 04-06-2009 08:38 PM

Baja Bum, I would contact Dennis directly, he isn't on SB very often, something about having a job and responsibilities, I didn't really understand him, my X-Box was really loud :-) his e-mail is Dennis@20fathoms.com If you are going to compete, show up to Palapas Ventana a couple of days early and let me know your secret spots!

PistoleroDelMar 04-07-2009 07:15 PM

Thanks!, I talked to dennis already i am not competing :( but any ways If any of you guys show up a few days earlier and want to kill some time, let me know i have a small boat and a few nice spots ;)

sticknrelease 04-07-2009 07:45 PM

will do, killing carp and myself are flying in on the 3rd of july

scubadown16 04-08-2009 06:20 PM

Baja... I am flying in at 11am on the 3rd Lets hook up and head to El Bajo...