Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Dive Training for Free Diving or Scuba Diving (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=290)
-   -   How often should I breathe the tables? (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=197616)

blitzemall 09-06-2018 11:27 AM

How often should I breathe the tables?

I've heard it said that 3 X per week is the most that should be done because it impacts the Iron in our blood; is that true?

SEATUX 09-06-2018 04:22 PM

Re: How often should I breathe the tables?

I have no idea what you are talking about...Please explain.

Marcus 09-06-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitzemall (Post 2175964)
I've heard it said that 3 X per week is the most that should be done because it impacts the Iron in our blood; is that true?

Yes, but licking the rust off your spear shafts will mitigate the issue. Old salt trick. ;)

blitzemall 09-07-2018 09:18 AM

Oh sh@t, this is getting good.

I'll try licking the rust.

I can't tell you more, it was just a brief statement I heard during a certification.

TheMackDaddy 10-18-2018 11:55 PM

i breath for like 5 breaths in between dynamic apneas. I do this 3-6 days a week for 40 min a session. I don't know where you heard the iron thing, but search in google scholar and if there isn't a scientific study saying so its probably not true.

growingupninja 01-14-2019 09:05 AM

Real apnea training and certain kinds of intense spearing will certainly run your iron levels down. Newer divers doing static tables often are not getting hypoxic enough for this to actually happen, though. Most competitive freedivers (who train regularly and hard) get around this with iron supplements.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MeTo 01-20-2019 01:50 PM

What table you using? I was using breath hold 3:45 and now the app will not function because it has not updated. It’s from 7 trillion.com I think. Any help would be great!

blitzemall 01-25-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by growingupninja (Post 2181650)
Real apnea training and certain kinds of intense spearing will certainly run your iron levels down. Newer divers doing static tables often are not getting hypoxic enough for this to actually happen, though. Most competitive freedivers (who train regularly and hard) get around this with iron supplements.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Interesting--thanks for clarifying.

MeTo 01-26-2019 03:23 PM

Really, anyone have any input on a good breath hold app?

kodama 01-26-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeTo (Post 2182115)
Really, anyone have any input on a good breath hold app?

I really like the STAmina app. But I prefer pool training over dry training so I only use it during a month or two each year.

MeTo 01-27-2019 09:13 PM

Kodama thanks

Sanny 06-19-2019 11:35 PM

once a week. one week CO2 and the next O2. focus on other techniques the other days of the week. That's what I was taught in an L2 course a few years back.