View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #2307
Mana'squal

Re: Daily Vis report thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Great job! your video is very pleasant to watch and it's fun to look at dudes having fun. I notice at the end that your white balance at the surface is almost perfect, your camera does a great job.

Is it a session ?

To your question, I usually use GoproStudio to edit, I pick a white patch on my gloves, or on the stringband or sometimes just on the sand. I know I should put a white patch on the tip of my gun to white balance better, but I don't want to scare whatever is at the other end on my gun.

Plus, imagine on the videos how distracting it would be to have a white patch constantly moving in the field of view.

And I have to use a red filter otherwise everything is green, good vis or bad vis. The filter degrades a bit the image resolution by the way. So the deal is crisper and fluid picture, because I can shoot at 60fps without filter, but with NO color, OR more color, but a darker and slightly more blurry image. Perhaps upgrading to a session 5 would help. I don't think they make session 6 or 7 with the same shape that could fit in the divecase.

I am sure a session5 would white balance better and faster. And I may even be able to shoot in 60fps because it's more sensitive. But hey, it's new jersey 5 ft viz with nothing to show anyways in March.

That’s actually with a silver 3. The one where the balance on the surface looks good it because I didn’t have to correct much as we were diving super shallow. Less then 10 feet.

That was a great time that was the kids first fish on a speargun awesome to get it on video like that.
Mana'squal is offline   Reply With Quote