View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #4
Linghunt

Send a message via Skype™ to Linghunt
Cool Re: Evolve aftershock spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Gecko View Post
Still in the process of building my own spear and as such have very limited real world experience but I have scoured pretty much every polespear thread here and it seems for your fishing, a CF spear would not be the best. At least that's what a lot of way more experienced spearos have said here in the past. Get an alu one for shooting into holes. If worse comes to worst, your alu spear will bend and you can bend it back - your CF spear will break and you're out of a spear all together.

And yeah, I'd prolly chalk up the kapow/bang/aftershock thingey to a marketing "need" to stand out...
Fiberglass poles are great too. They take a beating in marketing world to splintering and hands needing ER and all of that. I found one in the ocean some 15 years + ago. The front aluminum fitting needed to be replaced. Still use it today and works great for me and my use.

I think the "Thread Starter" was looking for more info on that aftershock feature vs pole type selection. Based on time stamp, he bought what he needed long ago.