View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 02:52 AM   #28
kodama

New C4 Gladius speargun

Regarding the muzzle design I can’t imagine the line hooks being a problem at all they might barely touch a band and even if they do I don’t think it would cause any tangles.
I would have rather seen some sort of integrated line hooks or something more sturdy than a bent piece of wire. A little wing to hook behind and a groove would be my preference. On either side so you can choose how to wrap.

Also I don’t see a dedicated line hook at the back of the gun to keep the line away from the bands. They could have come up with something low profile integrated solution there too.

It is clearly designed to use two bands max but who needs three bands if the longest gun is only 115? Would their be any conceivable gain with 3 bands? Again I don’t think so.

I am more concerned to see how the bands lay flat and if they can contract without any hindrance. No effort was made to raise the bands which is a bit odd to me.

The front line guide underneath the muzzle is placed so the line will have friction rubbing against the bottom of the muzzle.

I can imagine improvements to my taste but still like the overall design and move to a simple classic setup. I am sure it will appeal to a large audience including myself.

Last edited by kodama; 12-08-2019 at 04:28 AM.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote