Old 04-19-2018, 07:49 PM   #8
Johnoly
Big Time Bug Hunter

Re: The Blue Wild 2018 -- April 14-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
.. I’m curious to hear about the show
I worked it both days.

Much busier than last year, but it helps that it was 3-5's in the gulf & Keys & east coast. Met a TON of friends and laughed alot. Like every show, somethings made you scratch your head, but also there was some cool stuff and much more diversified this year. Some of the hook and line booths really know about fish movements and great to compare notes. Only hit 2 seminars,, the lasers and the rollers (but ran in and stole a sample of Angie's lionfish ceviche seminar, delish!)

The auction/raffle tables were packed with great quality prizes and Sheri, Josh, Dave, & CJ {& others} busted there butts to make that run smooth. Also security measures were quadrupled this year and it was very much appreciated. Vendor load in and load out was very quick this year and easy. 2 of our guys said the $10 beef sandwiches were well worth it for lunch. Our teardown was 90 minutes and on the road. Just my own personal opinion, but still wish the show could be held in February when it's always crappy dive weather, because it really made a huge difference in attendance this weekend. Again,,, Team Blue Wild knocked it out of the ball park for this year's show !!