View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #36
Fat Larry

Re: А fling to the classics

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
When I did my muzzle mod, I pushed the line over shaft pin forward ... thus when I wrapped the line the shaft would bend down as there was no support in this new area. Actually that is a critical point in any gun build ... you need to support the area where the line over shaft happens as the line will push the shaft down. I also had to do that in my Pathos Sniper mod. It is an easy fix ... just get the shaft that you shoot ... put two layers of electric tape on it. Now add some epoxy with filler mix (with graphite to keep color black in a small area where it will provide support, and lay the shaft over it and let it harden. I usually tape up the gun before and after the location I want and thus you get only about 1 or 2 cm of support. That is all you need. This ensures that your shaft comes out stable without jumping up once the line release lets go of the line.
Thanks for pointing this out. Just at stock at the moment the line pulls the shaft down a few mm. I'll keep that in mind when re doing the head.

Last edited by Fat Larry; 04-20-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Fat Larry is offline   Reply With Quote