View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
Gonefishing82

Re: Help planning for Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
Bahia Ascuncion would be the coolest weather wise, which might be nice. If you can figure out how to fly there, let me know! If you were going to drive and stay, I'd go to the BOLA and get an pangero out of there. If I still lived in San Diego, I'd have bought all of BOLA by now! Lot's of islands to dive and relax on. You get in 2 more days of vacation vs. going to Ascuncion too. If flying, you're going to Loreto, LaPaz or Cabo. Loreto you're driving or taking a long boat ride to dive since it's all protected. La Paz, you're probably diving Cervallo, so I'd stay at Palapa's Ventana for that. Cabo, don't have a clue, still lot's of diving, but lot's of people and stuff too. Too much for me. You know, one more "option", have you ever thought of Cedro's Island? I did that a couple of years ago with Cedro's Outdoor Adventures. That was a pretty bitchen trip. All inclusive including private bus to Ensenada, private plane to the island, then staying at their hotel, great food prepared for every meal, their boats and captains. Very, very, cool. Lot's of Yellowtail, and lot's of huge Calico's and Sheepshead. I'd do that again in a country minute if I could find buddies to go with....with money! Being that you leave from San Diego and come back to San Diego, it's honestly the same price as flying, getting a car, insurance, hotel, panga's, meals, tips, etc. I spent the same going to Mulege or Palapa's. It's pretty, water is clear, it's way cooler there too. When it's 95 in baja, Cedros is high 70's. OK, ranting now. Good luck.
Sweet! Thanks for the info, I’ll definitely keep this in mind for when I’m gonna be doing a spendy trip.

Ya bahia ascuncion seems super cool but too far of a drive I think...

This June I’m going to hit Puertecitos and go out with Dale. It’s a convenient trip and not too pricey.

As for Cabo Colin at Indigo Adventures was awesome - highly recommend him

BOLA looks dope too I want to make it down there as well.

So many choices with Baja! I’m gonna first do the trips that are within driving range to keep the costs down, but keep the suggestions coming
Gonefishing82 is offline   Reply With Quote