View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 04:09 AM   #11
kodama

Re: New C4 Gladius speargun

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
If C4 are going to have a new range of carbon fiber guns then I expect that rollers and inverted rollers may be on the menu.
I was expecting the same thing when I first heard about new designs being developed and was actually quite surprised seeing only this classic model. But as we know now they are still in the development phase so who knows what else might be coming out from them.
It often takes a while before prototype spearguns are actually released. Economics, marketing, performance testing and development all play a significant role.
For example I have seen new Pathos prototypes two years ago. Inverted rollers and triggers with side line release and none of these have hit the market yet.
Let's hope the C4 models will actually be available next spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
Taking a lead from the "Joker" it would be possible to offer one gun body with a range of muzzles to accommodate many speargun configurations, including rollers and inverted rollers. The "Joker" was designed for length variation, but it could also have been configured for muzzle changes. Rear band anchors could be arranged using the reel base, just as is done now with the Contesub accessories for C4 guns.
Personally I would rather see a dedicated muzzle for each particular design. the specific and unique designs of C4 with an emphasize on maneuverability is one of their main appeals. Let's hope they don't start making a 'one size/system fits all' gun of the Gladius.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote