Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 03-29-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
Andersp90

Bleutec linerelease

Hello everyone.

I bought a bleutec simple carbon last year, just as the season closed here in dk.
Now that the water temperature is finally above 6C again, its time for some hunting.

But I have realised that the line release and the notch holding the line is on opposite sites og the barrel, meaning that I have to switch hands when rigging the line. On my old gun (mares viper), I could rig the line with just one hand because the notch holding the line, and line release was on the same side.

Is it possible to switch sides on the bleutec (so the release and holding-notch are on the same side), or will it has some kind of negative effect?

Andersp90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:10 PM   #2
popgun pete

Re: Bleutec linerelease

You should be able to switch the line release lever to the other side of the mech by taking the pivot screw out and turning the lever over.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
Andersp90

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
You should be able to switch the line release lever to the other side of the mech by taking the pivot screw out and turning the lever over.
The lever is pointing slightly down, so if i switch it to the other side, it will be facing slight upwards. Im not sure if its ment to be like that, or if it got damged during shipping.
Do you know?

Also, are you sure switching sides wont affect the gun in a negative way?
Old 03-29-2020, 05:51 PM   #4
popgun pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersp90 View Post
The lever is pointing slightly down, so if i switch it to the other side, it will be facing slight upwards. Im not sure if its ment to be like that, or if it got damged during shipping.
Do you know?

Also, are you sure switching sides wont affect the gun in a negative way?
I don't know, but it may have been bent as there is no reason for it to be facing slightly downwards. Take the lever out and use a hammer to flatten it against a solid flat surface like a bench vice anvil, just a single hit should do it. As for switching sides there should be no problem.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:27 PM   #5
Yiannis
DEEP...DEEP…DEEPER

Don't change it or you will not be able to secure the shaft, the line is holding the shaft firmly on your gun
Yiannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:11 PM   #6
popgun pete

Line runs from shaft tab to nose tab or hook, then over the spear and down to trap it, and then can run back to either side from underneath the muzzle.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:06 AM   #7
spearq8

Some Bleutec line releases have the line line release stuck in the the Carbon Fiber body and the only way to change that over is to cut the Carbon Fiber. Also they have a welded pin that holds the line release ... also need to cut that off. Many years back I send an email to Bleutec outlining problems with their line release ... if you put a bungee on the line release ... it will tend to hold your sear shaft in place and even if you press the trigger the shaft will not drop ... or at least it will not drop immediately. I almost got shot by my cousin as he pressed the trigger and the shaft only went off when he was trying to hand me the gun to check. Very dangerous! I think they then went for a line release at the back of the shaft sear in their new models. So you need to see which model you have.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:30 AM   #8
Andersp90

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
Some Bleutec line releases have the line line release stuck in the the Carbon Fiber body and the only way to change that over is to cut the Carbon Fiber. Also they have a welded pin that holds the line release ... also need to cut that off. Many years back I send an email to Bleutec outlining problems with their line release ... if you put a bungee on the line release ... it will tend to hold your sear shaft in place and even if you press the trigger the shaft will not drop ... or at least it will not drop immediately. I almost got shot by my cousin as he pressed the trigger and the shaft only went off when he was trying to hand me the gun to check. Very dangerous! I think they then went for a line release at the back of the shaft sear in their new models. So you need to see which model you have.
Looks like it sits behind the spear. So using a bungee should not be a problem or?

Old 03-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #9
popgun pete

Quote:
Looks like it sits behind the spear. So using a bungee should not be a problem or?

Spearq8 failed to look at your photos or he would have realized that your gun's line release is at the back of the mechanism. As you can see it has a window on either side of the mech and you should easily be able to switch the line release over. If it does not work out then you can easily put it back to what it is now.

There is a bolt/screw used for the pivot, it is just a matter of removing it with a screwdriver with a matching tip.

The wrap at the muzzle has to stay as is as only one hook on the LHS. Interestingly guns in the USA usually wrap on the right, while in Eastern Europe they wrap on the left. I know this for sure as I have guns from all regions, a few have wraps on both sides and a very few have twin line releases, one on each side. A lot of line can be deployed in the water which requires caution as you may get tied up by it!

Last edited by popgun pete; 03-30-2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:30 AM   #10
spearq8

Quote:

Yes this is the newer version of the trigger that has the line release at the back. If it is bent, that is most likely due to the gun being put upside down and somehow or maybe received a hit ... it should be flat. You can easily fix that by just putting it in a vice and flattening it.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:50 AM   #11
Andersp90

Do I need to remove the whole mech to make the swtich?
Old 03-31-2020, 07:35 AM   #12
popgun pete

You may have to if there is a nut that falls down when you undo the pivot screw, but unlike us you have the gun directly in front of you, so you are in the best position to work it out. If you look how the gun is assembled, and most guns are made to be taken apart, then trust to your ability and have a go at it, basically it is a simple job and you could have had it done by now. Things that screw out have some sort of head for a driver, pins are flat ended and are intended to be driven out using a thin rod (same or slightly less diameter as the pin) and a hammer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ermes Sub DR 1R.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	245280  

Last edited by popgun pete; 03-31-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:19 PM   #13
musubi

Would the mech need to be removed? In my limited experience, I've swapped sides of my line releases, but it required me removing the mech to hold the nut underneath in place. Not sure if this applies here to the Blutecs or not. Also, noticed that the mech pins aren't visible, which I'm guessing is underneath that black irregular finish.
musubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:14 PM   #14
popgun pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by musubi View Post
Would the mech need to be removed? In my limited experience, I've swapped sides of my line releases, but it required me removing the mech to hold the nut underneath in place. Not sure if this applies here to the Blutecs or not. Also, noticed that the mech pins aren't visible, which I'm guessing is underneath that black irregular finish.
Looks like one of them here, may be a screw if it has a slotted head.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bleutec3.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	245276  
Old 03-31-2020, 10:27 AM   #15
Mikel_24

If the line release is built in anyway similar to the Meandros LS mech, then it is piece of cake. However I would advise you to find yourself some needle nose pliers (thin ones) or makeshift tool to hold that nut, as a regular open wrench will not fit there.

Also make sure that spring does not shot all the way across your room to the NEVER-TO-BE-FOUND-AGAIN-LAND which is where most of the small items that mechanicallly launch themselves go. Wear eye protection and don't let any pets (or kids for that matter) arround while wrenching with that mech.

Best of luck.

Mikel

PD; Do not overtighten the self locking nut, otherwise the line release action could stiffen up. You need some play in the assembly.
Mikel_24 is offline   Reply With Quote