Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #1
OBLIGATED

Poachers are scum

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/cr...nd/1612589002/

Shot at night with a gun on state land during bow season
That buck would be a deer of a lifetime for a honorable hunter.Stolen by a piece of garbage.
Should have them antlers lodged in his ass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23_point_deer_jpg-714519.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	240203  
Old 10-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #2
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Re: Poachers are scum

In awe at the size of this lad. Absolute unit.

That is a massive buck for Florida.

Quote:
When deputies caught up with Palacio using a helicopter and other vehicles, they said Palacio was .... acting nervous.
I'll bet he was.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #3
OBLIGATED

I know a few guys that have been waiting a few years for a legal shot at a monster buck they got on deer cams in Martin county.Guys that follow the rules and constantly scout for the "big one"year round trying to get a pattern for that one shot.
There ARE other monsters in the area but its sad a great animal was taken by someone that has no ethics.
Poachers are low life degenerates.Dont matter if its a deer taken out of season or scum taking over their limit fishing.
I know a few so called "christians"(watchtower cult members) that take way over their limits in the bahamas (Abacos)and get receipts to deceive authorities to believe they bought the fish.Its still stealing a resource and a federal offence.Eventually it will result in stupid laws that will screw the honorable hunters.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:35 PM   #4
bubble_head

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Poachers are low life degenerates.Dont matter if its a deer taken out of season or scum taking over their limit fishing.
hunters.
Too much ego, and not enough gratitude, for some people want to eliminate hunting or keep closing more grounds. This is why we can't have nice things.

With social media being how it is, even if he managed to take it home it would reach the FWC's ears on a 23 point taken in FL.
bubble_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #5
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble_head View Post
Too much ego, and not enough gratitude, for some people want to eliminate hunting or keep closing more grounds. This is why we can't have nice things.

With social media being how it is, even if he managed to take it home it would reach the FWC's ears on a 23 point taken in FL.
There was a guy in the panhandle that had the balls to do a interview for some outdoor magazines and made up a story how he stalked his trophy deer and harvested it.Truth was he poached it on private property at night.
I have never shot what people would call a trophy buck.I could have at times if I shot them at night or took a shot that was not safe or on other peoples leases.
Hunting and fishing to me is about enjoying every aspect of the outdoors and hopefully getting some fresh meat to cook on the grill.Its not about horns or catching the biggest fish.Its about slowing down,soaking up the smells,views and different wildlife as I am hunting for my target.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:09 PM   #6
bubble_head

Quote:
Hunting and fishing to me is about enjoying every aspect of the outdoors and hopefully getting some fresh meat to cook on the grill.Its not about horns or catching the biggest fish.Its about slowing down,soaking up the smells,views and different wildlife as I am hunting for my target.
Exactly, I found my favorite challenge was switching over to muzzle loaders and
haven't looked back.
bubble_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:16 PM   #7
dr.ed

Quote:
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/cr...nd/1612589002/

Shot at night with a gun on state land during bow season
That buck would be a deer of a lifetime for a honorable hunter.Stolen by a piece of garbage.
Should have them antlers lodged in his ass.
TOTALLY AGREE ! Who would have thunk it?

Poachers are LOWER THAN SCUM!

This and ALL POSTS in this thread!
dr.ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #8
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

I stalk them and hide in trees until they pass under me. I then drop down on top of them, grab hold of their massive antlers, grab the sharpened flint rock from my toothy grip, and saw their jugular into.
C'mon, please stop with the virtue signaling. This reminds me of the divers vs. free divers threads along with all the other PC crap in social media. Just sayin'...
But seriously, my uncle in GA did try that w/ a knife when one passed directly under him. Got his ass kicked.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:39 PM   #9
SEATUX

https://komonews.com/news/local/fish...-season-opened
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #10
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEATUX View Post
Recycle the poacher in a crab trap?
Old 10-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #11
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I stalk them and hide in trees until they pass under me. I then drop down on top of them, grab hold of their massive antlers, grab the sharpened flint rock from my toothy grip, and saw their jugular into.
C'mon, please stop with the virtue signaling. This reminds me of the divers vs. free divers threads along with all the other PC crap in social media. Just sayin'...
But seriously, my uncle in GA did try that w/ a knife when one passed directly under him. Got his ass kicked.
I dont care how you hunt as long as its LEGAL and safe.I love bowhunting even in gun season.Its quiet.I only kill one or two deer to keep the kids in jerky and my ground meat for chili.We are allowed around 12 deer.Wife wont eat venisonI may tag a black bear this year.Buddy has 4 on his property about a 1/2 mile away and his cows dont like it.I cant carry or drag deer over ridge lines through the mountains anymore so I stick to farmland so its easy to retrieve the animals.More like killing than hunting because we are over populated with deer.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #12
Shorediver

From what I read this 23 point deer is one of the largest deer caught in the state of Florida. It is a shame he shot it out of season and I do not blame the local deer hunters for being mad of his catch. I still see his 23 point deer more impressive than a deer caught from private land that has a automatic feeder, food being put out as bait, or those ''canned hunts'' that so many people brag about but is nothing a true hunter will brag about.
Shorediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:32 PM   #13
Oldsarge
Registered Bwana

Turn In Poachers.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:57 AM   #14
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsarge View Post
Turn In Poachers.
Im usually a MYOB kind of guy but blatant disregard for game laws after a while gets me a little pissed off.
We have a guy just over the hill that is a known poacher.He is actually very friendly but he is not real bright.I dont know if its inbreeding or his momma was doing meth when she was pregnant but he makes Forrest Gump look like a genius.Local DNR guys know him and his uncle very well but no conviction on the nephew YET.I have talked to him about game laws and ethics and gave him my old NRA and NAHC magazines to enlighten him on conservation,SAFETY,and ethics.HIS WORDS..."I just looked at da pictuuuures"
Brother in law says the laws in the Bahamas are stupid and its not worth spending the time and fuel to go to Abacos unless he can fill all the coolers.So he gets receipts to cover his ass for the coolers filled with fish he and his buddies shot.Lacey Act anyone?
Assholes like these turds are why Marine Patrol or DNR are always trying to restrict gear,go through your boat or camp like you are a criminal or why the Bahamas will end up charging more to bring your boat to their waters and restrict what you can take back.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:08 PM   #15
Mattedhead
Matt Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorediver View Post
From what I read this 23 point deer is one of the largest deer caught in the state of Florida. It is a shame he shot it out of season and I do not blame the local deer hunters for being mad of his catch. I still see his 23 point deer more impressive than a deer caught from private land that has a automatic feeder, food being put out as bait, or those ''canned hunts'' that so many people brag about but is nothing a true hunter will brag about.
Yeah, a tame deer shot at night, with a rifle, under a spotlight is more impressive than shooting a deer on private land where the landowner may supplementally feed. Way to champion a poacher...

Do yourself a favor and avoid making serious declarations regarding topics you appear to know nothing about...sportsman don't need that kind of divisiveness.

That is the equivalent of saying that a scuba diver who swam over to Pennekamp (no spearfishing allowed) at night and shot a pet grouper had a more impressive catch than a freediver shooting a grouper completely legally while chumming.
Mattedhead is offline   Reply With Quote