Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Miami and The Florida Keys

Miami and The Florida Keys Have a report, or want to discuss spearing in Miami or the Keys? Post here!

Old 11-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Lost Dacor Underwater Scooter

was out filming near big pine shoal yesterday when on of the guys set it down for a second and the the surge/current swept away our Dacor scooter. I know its a long shot, as there were very few people on the water but i wanted to post here in case anyone found it. It was pretty choppy out and i think the only boats we saw off shore were a coast guard cutter and one ballsy 24 center console. The scooter is yellow and there IS a reward for its return. Thank you

kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
AlexbeeintheUK

Re: Lost Dacor Underwater Scooter

That's a real shame Tony, I hope you get it back.
AlexbeeintheUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #3
otherxendxup
Dustin

That sucks man. How strong and which direction was the current running when it was lost? What was the depth?

I'm gonna try and get out after work today and tomorrow, not quite that far north but I will keep an eye out anyway.

Hope it gets found.
otherxendxup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
kengolding

that sucks so bad. I hope you find it.
kengolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
dive4food

Dove that area for 3 hours today. No luck finding your scooter. Will be out there tomorrow too.
dive4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #6
kwtony
Snorkel Master

For whatever reason it was floating when it got lost. The DM on the boat watched it float away till about 500+ yards assuming someone was eventually going to get it, when he realized that no one was, he jumped in and tried to retrieve it. I dont know why it was floating but it was just on top. There were a billion yellow crab trap bouys so it made the search very difficult, add to the fact it was blowing like a sun-of-a-bitch that day so i would assume its in cuba right now. Ive never seen Looe Key with 5 feet of visibility, and that was on the west side of the reef too. Such a shame, had it not have been for loosing that Our documentary would have gone off without any real loss of gear...it was old, but was still very good...Thanks for looking guys. I made mention that we needed lanyards on them but for whatever reason it went unnoticed. I was the videographer, so it wasnt exactly my responsibility, but we all used that for blowing holes so it will suck having to use the crappy seadoo scoot scoot from now on.
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote