Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Pole Spears & Slings

All About Pole Spears & Slings What is it about that traditional method of the early hunter/gatherers under the water? These devices are indeed interesting and effective.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:07 AM   #16
popgun pete

Re: Sea Hornet Handspear Gun

This is the handspear/polespear telescopic model parts drawing. One of these will last a lifetime of general spearfishing being all stainless steel construction bar the center grip ferrule and butt piece and nose thread which are chrome plated brass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sea Hornet telescopic ss handspear.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	243226  
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:38 PM   #17
popgun pete

Speaking of lasting a lifetime, before Christmas I ordered one of the Keltvic titanium three-piece handspears with the black trigger operated sliding grip handle and it arrived today. I just ordered the handspear itself as I have plenty of "pranger" tips to use on it.
https://keltvic.ecwid.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Keltvic handspear gun R.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	244763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Keltvic rear end R.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	244764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Keltvic nameplate.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	244765  

Last edited by popgun pete; 01-08-2020 at 09:38 AM. Reason: adding photos
Old 03-10-2020, 06:56 AM   #18
Mikel_24

Congratulations on that last purchase Pete!

I cannot picture myself using one of those as I started fishing directly with a Nemrod Cazador gun. Crappy one by today's standards but a gun with a trigger nonetheless.

Here in Spain we cannot spear while on scuba, but so far the law allows to fish with rubber or pneumatic guns no problem. If they ever want to regulate it more, they will probably forbid any kind of spearfishing alltogether. I hope that day does not arrive anytime soon...

Mikel
Mikel_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #19
popgun pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
Here are some photos after just now rinsing the dust and dirt off my garage stored polespears which are both telescopic units. The one on the left is my very first polespear which I am holding in that vintage photo on the beach and the other is my handspear gun from Sea Hornet. My second polespear which was a telescopic Sea Hornet and when still new was given away to a friend's son as for sentimental reasons I stuck with my first polespear which is an Undersee with a brass main tube (chromed) and a stainless steel tubular telescoping section. Many fish have died under their “pranger” barbs which have been renewed and replaced on countless occasions. The handspear gun was OK to use, but I shot a lot more fish with the other one due to more rapid reloading for the next fish.
These two handspears were stolen out of my garage a few nights ago as I just noticed my garage door T-handle was in the open position this morning and as I never leave it that way I investigated. Have not worked out all that is missing, but they were the first items I went looking for in their usual spots and they have gone. Probably will appear on an auction site in the near future.

The burglars were very quiet as usually opening the door makes a noise, as does my swinging metal driveway gates. As my car is in a carport fronting the garage there was no other sign that anything had occurred, until I opened the garage door!