Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Tournaments > CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championship

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #91
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
Don't leave out Ritchy Zacker. He's part of team Red Tide and won Nationals a couple years ago in Harolf's back yard. Fortunately I do get to shoot with these guys and have learned a lot.
another i guy i hear that i hear is a Dr. of the ocean is Ritchy Zacker.......and he and his team did do very well....... I have met and hung out with Ryan....... and he is another guy to keep your eye on in cali in '09........If you head just alittle more south then you might hit his backyard......that team also had an amazing captain too though..... jason ...... if you have ever gone diving with him.......you realize that he has spots that produce fish from 2ft-200ft...... none the less a great performance

Last edited by SpearMax; 04-21-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #92
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDie View Post
That's funny, everyone on here that has posted regarding this portion of the thread has agreed with my views. I guess since I've been the most vocal about it that means I'm the dumb@ss huh? Please continue with your ignorance.



I've participated in Spearboard, twice actually. It was a good tournament, maybe it'll rebound in the future. This isn't about the tournament though, my gripes are about a man who currently represents the United States in spearfishing and he was caught and disqualified for cheating in a spearfishing tournament. In my opinion he has no right to represent the United States (or any other country for that matter) because of the fact that he was caught cheating. Period. No one is claiming he cheated in Venezula; yet there are a lot of people who feel he should have never been given the opportunity to shoot there regardless of his super-human abilities and talent. Pride, funny you should bring that up. Pride is knowing you didn't take any shortcuts or circumvent the process in order to achieve something great. Unfortunately for Harolf and his decisions in Spearboard, his pride will always be questioned.
No envy for a cheater, regardless of ones talent. Maybe if you took your head out of his @ss you might understand that point. I would rather have the US end up at the bottom of the barrel then to be represented by someone who is a known cheater.

Many could learn from his abilities, but no respectable spearfisherman wants to learn how to cheat.



Imagine that, someone kicking you off a team for actions they themselves participated in. In essence that would be admitting guilt. I wonder why those highly respected individuals distanced themselves from this year's team? I bet it had nothing to do with the actions of Harolf and others at Spearboard Open. Maybe since Adelito is so well connected, respected, and greased up he could ask those two guys to post their reasons for leaving the team.

Thanks for answering my questions

Gamble


Oh c'mon, next you'll be telling us how you stole a pair of GR's speedos thinking you'd shoot better when wearing them.
ignorance huh?

In terms of the musical chairs with the captains i am sure that there are plenty of obvious reseasons we can give...... the economy, time off requirement, and really the amount of work that is required....

They still landed on a good guy though.... he has placed in the worlds as a competitor..... and can fix almost anything gun, wetsuit, boat, car....and speaks a couple of languages too i believe.....english, spanish, greek......

really the only reason that I get to speak to all these guys, and they are willing to talk to me is because i am not a threat to anyone.... i just like fishing......and i dont take it past that...... i dont get myself caught up in the he said then he said stuff..... i also admire talent, AND I REALIZE THAT IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL WHEN IT COMES TO FISHING, YOU DONT KNOW SH!t.......so i try and learn..... and fortunately everyone has been willing to teach me......including harolf actually..... I actually get alot of information and motivation from alittle known of veteran...... CERO Leonard.......look him up if you care too
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #93
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDie View Post
That's funny, everyone on here that has posted regarding this portion of the thread has agreed with my views. I guess since I've been the most vocal about it that means I'm the dumb@ss huh? Please continue with your ignorance.



I've participated in Spearboard, twice actually. It was a good tournament, maybe it'll rebound in the future. This isn't about the tournament though, my gripes are about a man who currently represents the United States in spearfishing and he was caught and disqualified for cheating in a spearfishing tournament. In my opinion he has no right to represent the United States (or any other country for that matter) because of the fact that he was caught cheating. Period. No one is claiming he cheated in Venezula; yet there are a lot of people who feel he should have never been given the opportunity to shoot there regardless of his super-human abilities and talent. Pride, funny you should bring that up. Pride is knowing you didn't take any shortcuts or circumvent the process in order to achieve something great. Unfortunately for Harolf and his decisions in Spearboard, his pride will always be questioned.
No envy for a cheater, regardless of ones talent. Maybe if you took your head out of his @ss you might understand that point. I would rather have the US end up at the bottom of the barrel then to be represented by someone who is a known cheater.

Many could learn from his abilities, but no respectable spearfisherman wants to learn how to cheat.



Imagine that, someone kicking you off a team for actions they themselves participated in. In essence that would be admitting guilt. I wonder why those highly respected individuals distanced themselves from this year's team? I bet it had nothing to do with the actions of Harolf and others at Spearboard Open. Maybe since Adelito is so well connected, respected, and greased up he could ask those two guys to post their reasons for leaving the team.

Thanks for answering my questions

Gamble


Oh c'mon, next you'll be telling us how you stole a pair of GR's speedos thinking you'd shoot better when wearing them.

i think when someone continues to win year, after year, its almost a natural reaction for them to conclude to cheating...... alot of interesting things happened in the spearboard......but what ever did.....or didnt happen is pointless to discuss now..... and i think in bad judgement for legal reasons.......but there was a whole lot going on in that tournament...... i was a little disgruntled also over some guy who had been drinking a litttle bit, and was getting into peoples faces, and making fun of peoples fish, specifically the snapper...... when he approached me, we had an intense exchange of looks that lasted a couple of hours...... Not something i enjoyed.....
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #94
FishDie
Habitual Shooter
 
FishDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Interstate 4
Posts: 447
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post
ignorance huh?

In terms of the musical chairs with the captains i am sure that there are plenty of obvious reseasons we can give...... the economy, time off requirement, and really the amount of work that is required....

They still landed on a good guy though.... he has placed in the worlds as a competitor..... and can fix almost anything gun, wetsuit, boat, car....and speaks a couple of languages too i believe.....english, spanish, greek......

really the only reason that I get to speak to all these guys, and they are willing to talk to me is because i am not a threat to anyone.... i just like fishing......and i dont take it past that...... i dont get myself caught up in the he said then he said stuff..... i also admire talent, AND I REALIZE THAT IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL WHEN IT COMES TO FISHING, YOU DONT KNOW SH!t.......so i try and learn..... and fortunately everyone has been willing to teach me......including harolf actually..... I actually get alot of information and motivation from alittle known of veteran...... CERO Leonard.......look him up if you care too
There is a common theme throughout each and everyone of your posts, YOU. Who cares that you get little smooches from Harolf, Cero, and guys on the US Team. THIS ISN'T ABOUT THAT OR YOU.

This is simply about a Harolf Dean, a US Spearfishing Team member who was caught cheating in a local tournament and was disqualified. On those grounds, many feel that he shouldn't have been able to shoot and represent the US in Worlds. Period.

How you read that and started your name dropping chest beating is beyond me.
FishDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #95
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

But you know what fishdie, i take the dumdass thing back.....at least you can debate,and argue without being an a-hole like somepeople ...... saying they where going to do this, or that..... and they took way far from the topic...... dont you remember the thread "what happened to harolf dean?'' I dont think anyone, including myself wanted it to get the way it did...... I was still in defense mode.....
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #96
jfjf
.
 
jfjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Palm Bch County
Posts: 10,441
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post
......but there was a whole lot going on in that tournament...... i was a little disgruntled also over some guy who had been drinking a litttle bit, and was getting into peoples faces, and making fun of peoples fish, specifically the snapper...... when he approached me, we had an intense exchange of looks that lasted a couple of hours...... Not something i enjoyed.....
Intense exchange of looks for hours.....WTF are you talking about? How is THAT related to anything? ....

Are you challenging Gamble to "an intense exchange of looks"...
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #97
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDie View Post
There is a common theme throughout each and everyone of your posts, YOU. Who cares that you get little smooches from Harolf, Cero, and guys on the US Team. THIS ISN'T ABOUT THAT OR YOU.

This is simply about a Harolf Dean, a US Spearfishing Team member who was caught cheating in a local tournament and was disqualified. On those grounds, many feel that he shouldn't have been able to shoot and represent the US in Worlds. Period.

How you read that and started your name dropping chest beating is beyond me.
it was an answer to one of your comments...... While this isnt about me, it also doesnt validate everything you say either.......or anyone else for that matter....... of all the people that post, almost none where at the spearboard that day...... and even less knew who the hell was harolf.....then began the mega speculation game...... and above all else spearboard tournaments have no affiliation with the nationals, worlds, or even the usoa. they dont determine anything other than what prize you get for what fish you caught.
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #98
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
Intense exchange of looks for hours.....WTF are you talking about? How is THAT related to anything? ....

Are you challenging Gamble to "an intense exchange of looks"...
no.... the guy and kept looking at each other like boxers before the fight, you could cut the tension, he saide something stupid, and then shot back right at him......it could have let to a fight, and both of us getting arrested...... not a good situation......thankfully he was with his wife, and i was with my girlfriend, so we had a little distraction
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #99
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

It was relevant because people where getting into each others faces left and right...... i even saw alittle food line incident...... pretty funny......now
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #100
FishDie
Habitual Shooter
 
FishDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Interstate 4
Posts: 447
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
Intense exchange of looks for hours.....WTF are you talking about? How is THAT related to anything? ....

Are you challenging Gamble to "an intense exchange of looks"...


Adelito,

I remember the entire deal.

I'm not attempting to validate anything, and for the record I wasn't the first to bring this issue to the forefront of this thread. Harolf was mentioned and someone brought up the Spearboard Open stuff and what happened then. You're right, SBO has nothing to do with Nationals, Worlds, or USOA. But it does have a lot to do with integrity, or the lack of it by the members and team captain for not removing Harolf from the team in response to his actions at the SBO.
FishDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #101
FishDie
Habitual Shooter
 
FishDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Interstate 4
Posts: 447
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post
another i guy i hear that i hear is a Dr. of the ocean is Ritchy Zacker.......and he and his team did do very well....... I have met and hung out with Ryan....... and he is another guy to keep your eye on in cali in '09........If you head just alittle more south then you might hit his backyard......that team also had an amazing captain too though..... jason w...... if you have ever gone diving with him.......you realize that he has spots that produce fish from 2ft-200ft...... none the less a great performance
You can take what you've heard about Ritchie Zacker and just throw it right out the window. That guy couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Now Jason, he's a fish destroyer. Have you ever seen one of his trip report sketches?

I mean look at him, he's a mad man!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1P1010295.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	85765   Click image for larger version

Name:	1the%20plan.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	85766  

Last edited by SpearMax; 04-22-2010 at 08:35 PM.
FishDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #102
Tyler Durden
1st rule: Don't Talk.....
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indialantic, Sebastian Inlet
Posts: 403
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

The Great One Ritchie Zacker would not be pleased to know his name is being misspelled here!!
Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #103
Marco
Registered User
 
Marco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Panama City, Panama
Age: 52
Posts: 2,346
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

C'mon guys! Stop it!

Lets talk about the Championships...

Did you know that Juan Fuentes did not show a valid fish during the second day? It looks weird?

Does anyone knows what happened?
__________________
Marco

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #104
jfjf
.
 
jfjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Palm Bch County
Posts: 10,441
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post
no.... the guy and kept looking at each other like boxers before the fight, you could cut the tension, he saide something stupid, and then shot back right at him......it could have let to a fight, and both of us getting arrested...... not a good situation......thankfully he was with his wife, and i was with my girlfriend, so we had a little distraction
Sounds intense, did it go down something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ALIL7T764
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:33 PM   #105
Gamble
NATIVE
 
Gamble's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,355
Re: CMAS World Freedive Spearfishing Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
Intense exchange of looks for hours.....WTF are you talking about? How is THAT related to anything? ....

Are you challenging Gamble to "an intense exchange of looks"...


Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com