Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 06-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #31
deanmc
FII Professional

Re: A new hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Doesn't it floats without the shaft?
Yes it floats in a vertical position. It sinks nice and flat with the shaft in.
deanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #32
popgun pete

The Carbon C4 "Mr Dark" is a sort of extreme hybrid with a long skinny barrel and a fat rear belly, but all molded in one piece of carbon fiber construction. I have wondered ever since I first saw it if that layout could be done in a hybrid with pipe barrel emerging from a rear timber body. The idea behind the gun, which makes me think of a stretched neck, plucked turkey, is to achieve a lowering of the profile where the gun traverses at the longest distance from the operator and hydrodynamic drag has the most effect and then shoving most of the gun's buoyancy rearwards. So that it does not feel too tip heavy the buoyancy at the rear offsets the weight at the tip with the gun held horizontal, however how effective this is I don’t know, but it would be an interesting project to do it as a hybrid gun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbon C4 Mr Dark C4 speargun.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	242853  
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:59 AM   #33
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
I had a chance to take this gun in the pool this morning. Super happy with how it shot with both the 7.5 and 8mm shafts. I started out shooting at about 15 feet (muzzle to target) which was single wrap range. My first shot was a bullseye. I then added another wrap of line form the reel and moved another 5 feet back. My shots continued to his my target within a couple inches of the bullseye. I shoot a lot of roller guns so usually when I go to a gun with a traditional band setup the recoil seems very noticeable. For whatever reason it wasn't so noticeable on this hybrid. I did add a few ounces of lead to the barrel at the muzzle end, I'm guessing that helped keep it to a minimum.

Video here https://vimeo.com/340249180
and thanks for posting the pool testing Dean, beautifully put together gun
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote