Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Market Place > Member Items

Member Items This area is for members to list stuff they want to sell. This is not for retail sales.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #31
WonderBoy
My Wong held by a Pirate

Send a message via AIM to WonderBoy
Re: Power head - Quick Slip On Powerhead and belt pouch for 9/32(7mm) or 5/16(8mm) sh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipinFan
I know of a very very experienced spear fisherman in my home town that lost he's right calf to one.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I don't know you and I certainly respect your input. But I would really like to hear an account PERSONALLY of the fellow that lost his calf to a nurse shark. Or Pargo, a news article or come substantial story about the death related to a nurse shark would be helpful. Something other than "I heard.."
I personally have been bitten by them. I felt pressure and absolutely no teeth. Their teeth are very flat and very small compared to other shark species. I've been bitten by a horse that was worse. Hell, Pirattitude nibbles on me worse than the nurse sharks I've encountered.
That being said, Pargo, I agree with you about self defense. I have no hesitation about "defending" myself against a large aggresive shark. I have killed a bullshark that chomped down on my fin. I just don't see nurse sharks as a threat. I have had them come to my and fish on my stringer, but one fin kick towards them and a thump with the butt of my gun as ALWAYS been successful for me. Maybe you've just been with bigger and more aggresive sharks, I don't know.
I will say that I have had WAY more intense encounters with jewfish than ANY nurse shark. I am actually more "afraid" of jewfish than most sharks.

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points. And may God have mercy on your soul...
WonderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #32
WonderBoy
My Wong held by a Pirate

Re: Power head - Quick Slip On Powerhead and belt pouch for 9/32(7mm) or 5/16(8mm) shafts

This is a nurse shark tooth...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nurse%20tooth1S.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	58551   Click image for larger version

Name:	nurse.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	58552  

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points. And may God have mercy on your soul...
Old 07-19-2007, 08:18 PM   #33
PargoAmargo

Re: Power head - Quick Slip On Powerhead and belt pouch for 9/32(7mm) or 5/16(8mm) sh

I heard means I heard and I'm just passing information. If I knew then I'd state it as a fact. Maybe you should start a thread on this nurse shark issue, I don't see why you need to be pushing your opinions here. I shot a nurse shark with a PH, that's a fact. Now if you don't like or don't agree with my reasons that's fine, take it away from my PH thread.

Here's a quote from http://www.sharksurvivor.com/sharks/nurseshark.htm

"Human attack ranking: #10
According to the International Shark Attack Files the nurse shark has been attributed with a total of 27 recorded attacks since 1580 with no deaths."

I'm sure that if I spend more than 5 minutes looking for information that would make nurse sharks appear dangerous I could find it, but I really don't need to see statistics about deaths so I can justify hurting one to the point of making it go away.
PargoAmargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #34
WonderBoy
My Wong held by a Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PargoAmargo
but I really don't need to see statistics about deaths so I can justify hurting one to the point of making it go away.

You do when it comes down to killing a protected species! Otherwise, you're just breaking the law...

Old 07-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #35
PargoAmargo

When you know of one that was killed in a jurisdiction where it's illegal to do so call the FWC, until then ***** off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderBoy
You do when it comes down to killing a protected species! Otherwise, you're just breaking the law...
PargoAmargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #36
glenndownen4

Send a message via MSN to glenndownen4

Hi there PargoAmargo - I am interested in purchasing a few of the ppd's and a belt carrying case. I tried to PM you with no luck - said you werent able to receive PM's

Are you still selling them? How can I get into contact you to arrange?

Thanks
Glenn
glenndownen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:37 AM   #37
Evan

Please e-mail me at devanmory@yahoo.com as I'm interested in purchasing a couple. Thanks.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:52 PM   #38
FishSniper

PargoAmargo, if you would please either PM the info. to order some of these PH's and a pouch or email me at lawmaniniraq@hotmail.com???

Jamie
FishSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #39
skinneej

What is the legality of shipping loaded powerheads in the mail? Is this not a federal offense since they could be considered "explosives"
skinneej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #40
bombard666
Bombard

I would like the order info, thats perfect!
bombard666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:07 PM   #41
Teh Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinneej View Post
What is the legality of shipping loaded powerheads in the mail? Is this not a federal offense since they could be considered "explosives"
You put the round in it yourself...
Teh Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #42
StraightShooter

Shooting a Nurse Shark? This guy is a clown, this ain't Puerto Rico.
StraightShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #43
IRONHEAD
Member of the Pain Train

I just read this thread, lol good reading. maybe I better get me a nurse shark protection kit just in case I get attacked by nurse sharks while targeting spadefish.
IRONHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #44
bombard666
Bombard

I am trying to pm you, but i cant get though!
bombard666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #45
IRONHEAD
Member of the Pain Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombard666 View Post
I am trying to pm you, but i cant get though!
Apparently Pargo's account is turned off. pm's will not work. maybe someone will chime in that knows him and cam pm you his phone number.
IRONHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote