Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #61
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what
 
fitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SD
Posts: 2,039
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

You are assuming he reads.
__________________


Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by.

fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #62
Nix
Registered User
 
Nix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Costa Rica/Trinidad & Tobago
Posts: 614
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Your poor naive misguided individual. You really don't understand what a free market is. It appears that you believe that what we have now is a 'free market'?? Nothing could be further from the truth. Gov't intervention/regulations are what has caused the price of medical care to skyrocket. Apparently, unbeknownst to you, one of the primary functions of the fed gov't is to break up monopolies and encourage market competition...which drives innovation/lower prices. Instead, due to corruption unchecked, they have done the exact OPPOSITE, hence the reason everything is so expensive now.
That 60 dollar Tylenol is charged to make up for the people who can't afford the ridiculous healthcare.
The current college loan bubble happened for same reasons. The fed gov't subsidized student loans and gave everyone who wanted a college accreditation a cheap loan. Well...Demand went way up, supply wasn't there, so economics 101 took hold. We now have shit loads of college students w/ substandard educations that cost them WAY too much money all competing for jobs that aren't there due to this false economy.
I'd highly recommend reading "The Revolution: A Manifesto." . It's an easy read that really tells a complicated story in simple language...which is the sign of a great writer/teacher. People who write complicated wordy pedantic crap are full of crap. The indication of a great writer/teacher is one that conveys complex ideas in such a simple way so that everyone completely understands.
So Marcus, do you any examples of a free-market healthcare system that works? It would be an interesting case study.
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:26 PM   #63
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what
 
fitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SD
Posts: 2,039
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
So Marcus, do you any examples of a free-market healthcare system that works? It would be an interesting case study.
Comrade Nix, you and your new country can embrace socialized medicine all you want. After all it's your country.
__________________


Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by.

fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:31 PM   #64
North Star
Max
 
North Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
Age: 61
Posts: 5,558
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

This is for Nix, and any others who may wonder about his Bible quotes in this thread...

"What does the Left’s newfound enthusiasm for the Bible tell us? It tells us that the Left doesn’t actually believe in the Bible — the Left believes in government. Every time the Left cites the Bible, it does so as an excuse to let government take from some and redistribute to others, or compel work from some on behalf of others." —Ben Shapiro

In other words, the Bible is quoted in such a way as to justify the government imposing economic theft and slavery at the point of a gun on others, which is in fact contrary to the teachings the Bible contains.

Using the Bible to justify coercive socialism at the point of a gun by the government is the worst form of twisting of the scriptures.
__________________
nec timor nec temeritas (neither fear nor foolhardiness.)
North Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:37 PM   #65
SubSub
Registered User
 
SubSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 103
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
Comrade Nix, you and your new country can embrace socialized medicine all you want. After all it's your country.


Great answer. Brilliant!
SubSub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #66
SubSub
Registered User
 
SubSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 103
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
This is for Nix, and any others who may wonder about his Bible quotes in this thread...

"What does the Left’s newfound enthusiasm for the Bible tell us? It tells us that the Left doesn’t actually believe in the Bible — the Left believes in government. Every time the Left cites the Bible, it does so as an excuse to let government take from some and redistribute to others, or compel work from some on behalf of others." —Ben Shapiro

In other words, the Bible is quoted in such a way as to justify the government imposing economic theft and slavery at the point of a gun on others, which is in fact contrary to the teachings the Bible contains.

Using the Bible to justify coercive socialism at the point of a gun by the government is the worst form of twisting of the scriptures.


Either way, the bible is a relic and it is not for modern times, just like it's likes the Quran, the Torah, the Tipitaka and all the other religious mumbo jumbo-writings.
SubSub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #67
North Star
Max
 
North Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
Age: 61
Posts: 5,558
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
Either way, the bible is a relic and it is not for modern times, just like it's likes the Quran, the Torah, the Tipitaka and all the other religious mumbo jumbo-writings.
That's where you are badly mistaken. The Bible is radically different from those other writings you cited, and immensely superior to them in every way.

The Bible is the foundation for western civilization, and any deviation from it undermines and destroys western civilization. That's why our own nation is crumbling: it is due to the violation of the Bible's teaching on responsibility, economics, sexual morality, the makeup and function of the family and the nature and function of government.

It teaches against coercive socialism, for example:

Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.

Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Stealing, lying, and covetousness lies at the root of every totalitarian regime. Obedience to the Bible would put a stop to it.

The Bible is anything but outdated.

And then there is the question of life after death, and your outcome on the Day of Judgment. The Bible provides answers for that too. And those matters are far more important than the ordering of any society.

Outdated? I hardly think so.

If Sweden followed the Bible, your country would not be in the mess it is in.
__________________
nec timor nec temeritas (neither fear nor foolhardiness.)
North Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:49 PM   #68
SubSub
Registered User
 
SubSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 103
Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
That's where you are badly mistaken. The Bible is radically different from those other writings you cited, and immensely superior to them in every way.

The Bible is the foundation for western civilization, and any deviation from it undermines and destroys western civilization. That's why our own nation is crumbling: it is due to the violation of the Bible's teaching on responsibility, economics, sexual morality, the makeup and function of the family and the nature and function of government.

It teaches against coercive socialism, for example:

Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.

Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Stealing, lying, and covetousness lies at the root of every totalitarian regime. Obedience to the Bible would put a stop to it.

The Bible is anything but outdated.

And then there is the question of life after death, and your outcome on the Day of Judgment. The Bible provides answers for that too. And those matters are far more important than the ordering of any society.

Outdated? I hardly think so.

If Sweden followed the Bible, your country would not be in the mess it is in.


You're aware that each and every religion say exactly the same of their holy writings.... "The Bible is radically different from those other writings you cited, and immensely superior to them in every way". LOL! Hysterical!

All of your bible quotes has been general rule in all civilized societies since long before the bible was ever thought of.

The bible is superfluous just like the rest of the holy books. You know it but is blind to the faults of your own religion since you likely have been brainwashed with it's superiority since before you could think, speak or walk. Just like most religious people regardless religion.

All you need is a good moral compass and that can't be taught by religion, which has been proven so many times over. This comes from your parents and your upbringing and regardless how it is "packaged", religion or not, that is what matters.

Last edited by SubSub; 04-08-2017 at 03:22 PM.
SubSub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:18 AM   #69
North Star
Max
 
North Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
Age: 61
Posts: 5,558
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
You're aware that each and every religion say exactly the same of their holy writings.... "The Bible is radically different from those other writings you cited, and immensely superior to them in every way". LOL! Hysterical!

All of your bible quotes has been general rule in all civilized societies since long before the bible was ever thought of.

The bible is superfluous just like the rest of the holy books. You know it but is blind to the faults of your own religion since you likely have been brainwashed with it's superiority since before you could think, speak or walk. Just like most religious people regardless religion.

All you need is a good moral compass and that can't be taught by religion, which has been proven so many times over. This comes from your parents and your upbringing and regardless how it is "packaged", religion or not, that is what matters.
I feel very, very sorry for your blindness and ignorance. May God open your eyes to the lies that you have been taught from your birth. You are blind to the faults of your own atheism since you likely have been brainwashed with it's superiority since before you could think, speak or walk. Just like most atheist people are, regardless of the endless proof for the truth of Christianity.

Any moral compass you have is the result of the Law of God written in your conscience from birth that tells you right from wrong, which same law God published in the Ten Commandments.

You are indebted to God for any moral compass you have and the conscience you possess that convicts you when you do wrong, and commends you when you do right. Materialistic evolution has not, cannot, and never will produce any kind of morality that transcends human selfishness and guides us to practice righteous behavior toward others.
__________________
nec timor nec temeritas (neither fear nor foolhardiness.)
North Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:05 AM   #70
SubSub
Registered User
 
SubSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 103
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

So what you are saying is basically that only a "good christian" can have good morals, or that even if you're not a "good christian" and happen to have good morals, it's all thanks to christianity? Well, haha and hallelujah you cuckoo!

Well that's the beauty of the free world, we all have the right to believe what we want. You obviously believe in fairytales, santa, the easter bunny and all, and good for you! 🤡
SubSub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:01 PM   #71
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what
 
fitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SD
Posts: 2,039
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

With the current trajectory of your country Subsub, how long before you are quoting the Koran just to keep your head?
I don't think you being an Atheist will help at all!


30 years, all of Europe will be Islamic.
https://youtu.be/KNxFu_V6S6k
__________________


Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by.


Last edited by fitz; 04-10-2017 at 06:04 PM. Reason: spell
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #72
mepps1
Registered User
 
mepps1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gillette, WY
Age: 41
Posts: 5,765
Re: Stop Misusing the Term "Health Care"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
So what you are saying is basically that only a "good christian" can have good morals, or that even if you're not a "good christian" and happen to have good morals, it's all thanks to christianity? Well, haha and hallelujah you cuckoo!

Well that's the beauty of the free world, we all have the right to believe what we want. You obviously believe in fairytales, santa, the easter bunny and all, and good for you! 🤡

Literacy, logic, comprehension, and understanding are not your forte, perhaps?

I guess it's all cool. Like Fitz says, you won't really be living under enlightened Christian culture much longer. After two or three more decades, all you'll need to know to get by in life is which way Mecca is.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com