Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 01-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #1
tyronicus
ty woods

Another new on the scene, SD

Hi, my name is Ty. Im 20 years old, live in SD, and have lurked here for a months while acquiring spearfishing gear.

My desire to participate in this sport evolved from snorkeling in la Jolla, enjoying the leopard sharks and scoping out fish. My appetite for their flesh and the hunt grew so I got a license.

I got a 5mm mako suit for christmas to finish up my gear set so I'm ready to hit the water.

I'm on here looking for dive buddies. I live in North County near poway, work at the safari park (wild animal park) and I'll throw out passes to whoever might bestow some knowledge upon me, I wanna start from the bottom with my 3 pronger and work my way up. I'm mobile so ill trip it down south but no farther north than maybe carlsbad or pendleton area.

Im in decent shape, my deepest freedive is 45-50 feet in lake ramona with a >5 second bottom time haha. So I'd imagine I could do around 20 feet in the ocean with enough time to peek in a hole. I get days off work often and am very flexible so if you wanna grab some lobsters or puncture some perch, lemme know. 858-229-7391 text por favor

Thanks for reading, looking forward to meeting some of you!
tyronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #2
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Cool Re: Another new on the scene, SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronicus View Post
Hi, my name is Ty. Im 20 years old, live in SD, and have lurked here for a months while acquiring spearfishing gear.

My desire to participate in this sport evolved from snorkeling in la Jolla, enjoying the leopard sharks and scoping out fish. My appetite for their flesh and the hunt grew so I got a license.

I got a 5mm mako suit for christmas to finish up my gear set so I'm ready to hit the water.

I'm on here looking for dive buddies. I live in North County near poway, work at the safari park (wild animal park) and I'll throw out passes to whoever might bestow some knowledge upon me, I wanna start from the bottom with my 3 pronger and work my way up. I'm mobile so ill trip it down south but no farther north than maybe carlsbad or pendleton area.

Im in decent shape, my deepest freedive is 45-50 feet in lake ramona with a >5 second bottom time haha. So I'd imagine I could do around 20 feet in the ocean with enough time to peek in a hole. I get days off work often and am very flexible so if you wanna grab some lobsters or puncture some perch, lemme know. 858-229-7391 text por favor

Welcome to Spearboard Ty!
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #3
Castor

Re: Another new on the scene, SD

Welcome to the sport and welcome to Spearboard. I started freediving when I was 22 and I can honestly say it was one of my better decisions.

Go slow and enjoy the view.

Rob
Castor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
campbellc0321
Cortez Morning

Welcome. That's rad you work at the park. Just got our new 2015 memberships for Christmas. Been a member for awhile now.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #5
tyronicus
ty woods

Thanks rob, as a young man going slow always seems to be something that slips my mind heheh. I appreciate that.

Campbell id say wait at least another week to come, it's a fn warzone right now. Thanks for the welcome
tyronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #6
scottyboy679

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronicus View Post

Hello Ty,

I may be down there next weekend if youre looking to dive.

Shoot me a PM if youre interested.

Stay Safe.

-Scott
scottyboy679 is offline   Reply With Quote