Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2011 Tournament and Event Archives > 2011 The Blue Wild Expo - May 28-29, 2011

2011 The Blue Wild Expo - May 28-29, 2011 This is a world-class spearfishing event with over 1,000 participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Ballenita

Hats off to Sheri and.....

I wanna say thank you to Sheri and everybody else who made this awsome event possible. We all had a great time and also enjoyed the FII apnea comps yesterday along with the get together at the pool. Great bunch of folks talkin about a great sport. And by the way, next year Sheri, I made need a booth for those racks..LOL

Henry

Ballenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
Wile E. Coyote

Re: Hats off to Sheri and.....

Yeah. I hope Sheri keeps the Blue Wild going in future years...it's like Christmas for spearfishers
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Sheri
So Little Time

Nah, nah, nah.....thanks to YOU, guys. Your donations are what makes it seem like Christmas.

Ballenita, your speargun racks are awesome. Everybody wants one now. I think they are all just now finding out about them. You're going to have set up a production line....maybe put Jojo to work.

Wile E., you were very modest not to call attention to yourself, but your custom speargun drew a lot of inquiries. I know you're not into selling guns, but everyone wondered who made that gun, and the raffle bottle was jam-packed with tickets. This crowd can recognize quality. You didn't put a logo or anything on it, so I guess we will just call it the "mystery gun".

Anyway, thank you, both. You and the other donors make the Expo special.
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
Wile E. Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
Nah, nah, nah.....thanks to YOU, guys. Your donations are what makes it seem like Christmas.

Ballenita, your speargun racks are awesome. Everybody wants one now. I think they are all just now finding out about them. You're going to have set up a production line....maybe put Jojo to work.

Wile E., you were very modest not to call attention to yourself, but your custom speargun drew a lot of inquiries. I know you're not into selling guns, but everyone wondered who made that gun, and the raffle bottle was jam-packed with tickets. This crowd can recognize quality. You didn't put a logo or anything on it, so I guess we will just call it the "mystery gun".

Anyway, thank you, both. You and the other donors make the Expo special.

Sheri, thanks for the kind words! Will try and shoot for another one in Jan 13....better start working on it now if I have a hope of finishing it by then lol
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
Ballenita

Same here Sheri. And I will make a couple of racks for the next one as well.

Wile E., I threw a ton of tickets in your bucket bro. Nice work man.

Ballenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
Sheri
So Little Time

Another year, another Expo! I'm always charged up because of the good energy that everybody brings to the Expo, and that's what keeps me going. What a great bunch of people -- from the exhibitors, to the speakers, to the attendees. Divers are cool, if we say so ourselves.

I want to thank the volunteers who helped me, even though words seem inadequate. I always bite off more than I can chew, and these are the people that get me through it.
- My buddy, Dave Earp -- he practically runs the floor and he helps me plan it all year long. He was also on the Board of Directors with me at Twin Palms for several years. I appreciate his kindness to my brother and the support he's given me through the years. I wouldn't attempt to do the Expo without his support.
- Dave's girlfriend, Chris -- she's a sweetheart and helped me from the very beginning (distributing posters) to the very end (cleaning up).
- My friends, Bobbi and Pat, Bruce and Cheri Paul -- it would have been a disaster without their help, and I didn't have to ask for anything, they just did it.

To the generous raffle donors -- your generosity is humbling, especially the custom gun/sling builders who built the items with their own two hands. Including this year's contributions, The Blue Wild has raised over $47,000 for Twin Palms Center for the Disabled! I believe that is another reason for the good energy -- when you "give" it always seems to come back. And there's a lot of "giving" at the Expo....lots of friendships are formed, lots of information is shared, lots of laughs and good times. I almost have too many nice sponsors/donors to name, but I do have to mention Daryl Wong and Flanigan's because of their "above and beyond" support.

Dave, Daryl, and I were already brainstorming some really cool ideas for the next Expo. Stay tuned!!!
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
waterbug
bobbi

Sheri, I have to say the humble one in this is really YOU!! While we all have an awesome time, and we love getting together playing with dive gear, talking about diving, learning about diving, and telling stories about diving, the Blue Wild would not be the Blue Wild without Sheri Daye. So three three cheers to you, my friend, for all that you do, and being kind enough to let me and the rest of us in on the fun. You are truly a class act.

Can't wait until the next one...bigger and better!!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
HANGTIME NC

What she said!
I'm there in 13, I'll start saving my dollars now.
Joey
Old 06-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #9
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

Dear Spearos,

I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to Sheri and her team of dedicated volunteers for putting together another Blue Wild Expo. They do a super job of putting together a very professionally run event. Being around so many people who share the same passion is such an emotionally uplifting experience. So, if you couldn’t make it this year, you owe it to yourself to try again next year.

I also want to say thanks to so many of our customers for coming by our booth and saying , “Hello”. It is always a pleasure to put a face with the name.
So, “Thanks guys. I really appreciate it”.

I also want to thank Chad Morris (aka Griswold) for flying in and being available to answer questions about the enclosed track hybrid gun that he and Tin Man have designed. We had two prototypes to show this year and the feedback was more positive than we could have hoped.

Dive safe,
dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #10
Tellie

First post as I just discovered this great site because of the Blue Wild.
I have to say the Blue Wild was great. Sheri, what a great job you did. This was the first Blue Wild I attended, it will not be the last. Great people, great conversations with the vendors and great seminars. A special shout out to Hunter for pulling my name Saturday for one of the Daryl Wong guns. You da little man!!! But $47,000 for the Twin Palms, you all should be extremly proud of yourselves.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote