Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #2011
water_moccasin

work week vis ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersymudsniper View Post
Its always good all work week.
I hope you're right for tomorrow.
water_moccasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #2012
Pelagics1988

Re: Daily Vis report thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersymudsniper View Post
Its always good all work week. Then days off come and its stormy with baby poop color viz.
Agreed. It's a damn shame
Pelagics1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:08 AM   #2013
beekeepergreg

Back bay of Shark River 3'
Out on the Wrecks 15'
58F surface, 52F at depth
Old 05-29-2017, 07:01 PM   #2014
Captain Howard

We headed out Sat to Garden State North Area and found lots of small sea bass and nice sized tog ( tog out of season for now). We also found some nice lobster. None of the fish were worth shooting so just lobster came home with us. Bottom temp was about 51 and vis about 20 or better in 70 to 80 ft of water.
Captain Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:06 PM   #2015
Ric

Crappy weather, feels like November, but good viz again at high tide at Barnegat Inlet today. Hopefully the good viz will endure. Water temp I couldn't say exactly, but it felt cold.
Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:07 AM   #2016
1BLACKFISH

Dove Pt Pleasant yesterday Hi slack tide and it was very hi viz about 3- 5 feet water temp 61 f we both came home with one Fluke each 1 at 20 inches the other 21 inches and nice and fat..millions of big real big Tog but they know you cannot take them home so there right in your face you have to shooo them away...
1BLACKFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:22 PM   #2017
ImpalaSSpeed96
The Fluke Bridesmaid

I feel like many people underestimate viz sometimes. In 3-5 feet, you were lucky enough to swim directly over two fluke yesterday. 3 feet is poo. 5 is just the area where you go ok, gonna be tough today, but lets see what's stupid enough to swim right in front of me.

But the past weekend was good viz. Not great, but good. Better on Sunday, still very fishable on Monday, probably 6-8 feet. Hoping this wind doesn't kill it. Thinking about jumping in tomorrow...
Old 06-02-2017, 08:27 AM   #2018
brandon cadalzo

I got in on May 31. Belmar area. Vis was bout 7-10' limited out on fluke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2017, 06:53 PM   #2019
Captain Howard

Great report Brandon! Glad to hear of some fluke. I have yet to see any offshore but have heard about quite a few in the skinny water. I may try some beach wrecks this weekend and hope I do as well.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #2020
beekeepergreg

Maclarie Park incoming tide vis 3'
Old 06-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #2021
brooklyndiver

Dove shark inlet about 2 weeks ago and saw a bunch of divers bring in keepers. Viz was eh 4 feetish.

Pulled up a nice 25 inch fluke on R&R today in that same bay as well. They are around!

I need to get back in the water, if anyone is interested in diving the shark river/pt pleasant area with me let me know!
brooklyndiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #2022
Ric

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekeepergreg View Post
Maclarie Park incoming tide vis 3'
Is it the beginning of the curse, already ?
Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:15 AM   #2023
Pelagics1988

Not like this is going to help too many spearos, but I also fish rod and reel so I use chloro and true color charts to look at the water mid and offshore for bluefin, yellows, other pelagics, etc. When the mahi come inshore it will be nice to hop in to get them but I figured I'd attach it because of the cool looking turquoise water that must have popped up from an upwelling. Water looks nice and clean blue around it. Hopefully it stays like this through September...........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat Shot 6-4-17.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	233780  
Old 06-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #2024
Captain Howard

Goat dive report 6-10-17
Figuring that since the forecast only looked good for the am, we headed off shore a bit to a small snag. I guess I should say very small as it was not worth diving. We quickly hit another spot close by and found nice bottom conditions . Bottom temps were about 50 and vis 20 to 25ft. A few nice lobster and a bunch of sea bass came up.
Next we intended to hit the Gulf Trade bow but a fishing boat was camped on it . Just a short distanced away we ended up on a wooden snag that provided about the same conditions . We ended up with more sea bass and lobster
Lots of sea bass and some tog around but I did not even see a fluke. I did spot one pitiful ling. The Ling seem to be pretty sparse on the wrecks out of Barnegat and only one small cod spotted so far this year
Old 06-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #2025
Pelagics1988

Dove yesterday afternoon off the beach in the Long Branch area on some structure. Didn't pay attention to the tide but the cross current was strong and a pain in the ass. Definitely need to start anchoring up a small raft or kayak to hold ground and breath up on. Visibility wasn't horrible, but was far from good. Probably about 4-6 at best in some patches on the bottom, and 2-3 in some cloudy spots. Saw some big tog and some other fish but still looking for a shooter bass this year. I may try to to some late afternoon dives during the week if I can get home from the city by 6:30 now that the sun is staying out later in the day. If anyone is around and may want to join, send me a PM