Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #46
alrolex72
Monterey Triton

Re: 2014 US "World Championships" Spearfishing Team

We are officially on the countdown to the World Spearfishing Championship and our team is working hard to fundraise.

Please take a moment to check out our website and get to know our team. You can stay connected by signing up for our newsletter as well.

Amadeo has once again produced an amazing piece of artwork for our team and he will be selling a Limited Edition Lithograph. 100 limited edition numbered pieces that will look amazing in your spearfishing room, office or over your bed.. Check it out at our site and at www.abachar.com

Official Team USA site is:
www.usworldspearfishingteam.com
We are going to be producing some really nice tri-blend ultra soft shirts and few other swag items over the next few months. Stay in touch and feel free to reach out if you have any questions

Thank you for the support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 US World Team Logo.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	200980   Click image for larger version

Name:	mockup_worlds.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	201064  
CenCal Spearfishing
Monterey Bay Tritions

Last edited by alrolex72; 01-29-2014 at 03:07 PM.
alrolex72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #47
divingdesigns
Brian

Bring some shirts to the Triton meeting. Not all large and XL, some of us are normal size.

www.Redwoodempiredivers.org
A family friendly Skin and SCUBA dive club out of Santa Rosa CA

www.Montereybaytritons.com
A freedive only dive club thats meets in Monterey CA
divingdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:21 AM   #48
mainphrame

Location: Your so called secret spots and places your momma wont let you go to!

F the World! Lets do this team USA! Bring the trophy home, looks like an amazimg place to have the comp. good luck guys! You are winners already, the rest is just the icing on the cake! Go USA!
mainphrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:44 AM   #49
HEX
Hector F.

Hey how do I sign up to qualify for Team USA?
Old 01-28-2014, 02:03 AM   #50
Mr Main22
Adrian

goodluck to the US team i'll be rooting
Mr Main22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #51
alrolex72
Monterey Triton

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEX View Post
Hey how do I sign up to qualify for Team USA?
Qualifying for the US National Team is accomplished by earning points in the two US National competitions prior to the Worlds. The top 3 individual point earners qualify to compete as Team USA.

2014 US Nationals will be hosted in Kona, Hawaii http://usspearfishingnationals2014.com/
2015 US Nationals is TBD

The next World Championships is 2016 and the location has not been announced at this time.

Get a team together and head to Kona. The diving is amazing, warm and really challenging.
CenCal Spearfishing
Monterey Bay Tritions
Old 01-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #52
alrolex72
Monterey Triton

Tri Blend, ultrasoft crew's are on sale at www.usworldspearfishingteam.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mockup_worlds.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	201026  
CenCal Spearfishing
Monterey Bay Tritions
Old 01-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #53
alrolex72
Monterey Triton

Just updated the website store.

It seemed that my store was calculating an imaginary handling fee and adding an additional $6.95 to every order.

For those that have already purchased shirts, you have already been refunded the $6.95.

Sorry for the mistake and it has been fixed.
CenCal Spearfishing
Monterey Bay Tritions
Old 02-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #54
alrolex72
Monterey Triton

Stickers are in the house.

Will ship at the end of February.

www.usworldspearfishingteam.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sticker.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	201203  
CenCal Spearfishing
Monterey Bay Tritions
Old 02-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #55
alrolex72
Monterey Triton

Website is live and shirts and stickers are for sale.

We all appreciate the support. It is going to be an amazing event!!!

As well, in co-op with Amadeo Bachar and DiveR, we will be producing the first ever California Ling Cod DiveR fin for sale with all proceeds to benefit the US team.

If you know Amadeo, it is going to be sweet. Once the artwork is complete, we will post here with details for purchasing.
CenCal Spearfishing
Monterey Bay Tritions
Old 02-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #56
Spearooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear n Surf View Post
Atleast 3 out of the four guys you listed there are Merchant Mariners. So they have about half the year off with the money and sponsors to go spearfishing/diving whenever they like.... Unlike most people on here they have to have a full time job.
Does that make them less apt to represent the US? Should we not want to send the best of the best?

Does that make their Spanking ALL of the local COMMERCIAL divers in their home turf without scouting at the national level and in an incredibly sportsmans like manner, any less of a spanking.

Believe me the guys they Dove against in the 06 nationals spend all day,every day on the water, and were favorites.

I love an underdog.

The truth is alot of the guys that hoard points and have a big pouty face when others do well, cheat and accuse others that are straight up guys, are not the best representation of our community or sport. Its a small segment that frankly hasn't won many over.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #57
Spearooo

Please take my comments as nothing but constructive criticism I would LOVE to see the US. Do great.

Thanks for the hard work putting on this tournament and taking on this worthy cause.

Many young people will surely benefit from more time with family and friends, on the water. That would make me happy
Old 02-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #58
dennishaussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearooo View Post
Does that make them less apt to represent the US? Should we not want to send the best of the best?

Does that make their Spanking ALL of the local COMMERCIAL divers in their home turf without scouting at the national level and in an incredibly sportsmans like manner, any less of a spanking.

Believe me the guys they Dove against in the 06 nationals spend all day,every day on the water, and were favorites.

I love an underdog.

The truth is alot of the guys that hoard points and have a big pouty face when others do well, cheat and accuse others that are straight up guys, are not the best representation of our community or sport. Its a small segment that frankly hasn't won many over.

Seems like every time a worlds comes along, guys come out of the woodwork to tell us how it should be done, and who should be on the team.
So who are the best of the best????
If you remember, brandon and ryan were outsiders teaming with Richie, one of the best in the area. Given that Brandon and Ryan are not slackers by any means, Richie put them on the grounds, they performed. Serious work by any means!!!!

I beat everyone in malibu with only 3 days scouting, does that mean I would be a better choice for worlds than Brandon, Dan, Richard, etc????? Maybe, but maybe not.

Reality is, WE, the USA, do not have the same benefits that the euro countries do for world divers. Years ago, I was with JB Esclapez for a dive, and I asked him " when you were competing for France, how many days a year did you dive?" His reply was " about 250 days out of the year."
There are more than a few divers given that opportunity could raise themselves to the level of the top 3 countries,,,,, but most of them have jobs, families, lifes, etc.
Until someone talks google or oracle into dropping 500k to 1 mil $ into a USA worlds team, we will continue to do it the way it has been done, by competing and qualifying via nationals. If your not happy with that, then show up, join USOA, compete, and draft a proposal to change the way the worlds team is selected. If it is voted in by a majority of councils in US, then it will be changed.
Until then, keep your eye on the boys from cali,,,,,,,,,, wish them luck and support them with your dollars!!!!

120 ft
Cause its a long way up,,,,,,,,
dennishaussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #59
Spearooo

I agree 100%, thats my point, it baffles me how little support the team gets in general. I would love to see the US truly be on a level Playing field with other countries.

As far as guys coming out of the woodwork, Being a member of this site for 10 years hardly qualifies me as a Johny come lately. Its also fair to say, tournaments in this country at least, have been attended at times by few bad apples that don't cast the best light on the community as a whole.

My only goal is to add to the dialogue and perhaps sort out my own mixed feelings on the topic. I have a deep love for the sport, and havent meet a diver I don't feel a kinship for.

My point about the Cali boys and other US divers that I consider to be on Par with any top level divers anywhere, is that they aren't fired up about qualifying etc, and it my humble opinion, the best of the best we have to offer, are not interested in tournaments. It would be awsome to see that change, and for all our athletes to be true Stewards of the ocean.

All the talk of top level athletes in other countries, really downplays, how badass alot of the US divers are. Diving to 160ft to shot a pinfish doesn't necessarily translate in being the most versatile, knowledgeable, hunter on the planet.

After seeing them in action, I would gladly, put my money on the 06 national champion team vs ANY other team from anywhere. I bring it up because they put a smackdown fair and square on Local commercial divers with 0 scouting in the area. Every time some one says they have / had an unfair advantage for whatever reason, it irks me somewhat, having witnessed it first hand.

I made my effort, once upon a time, and told myself that day, I wouldn't do it again. Thats my choice from my personal experience.

Please take it for what its worth.

I would love for competitive spear fishermen from around the world, stain their wetsuits every time they see a US team at a weighin.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:09 AM   #60
shafe

are any of these events televised?
would be cool if the divers wore go pros so we could see highlights of the competition
shafe is offline   Reply With Quote