Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 07-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
toothyankr

Smile Liveaboard

Two spots available August 25-29th on the Playmate out of Key West. Scuba Spearfishing and lobstering in the Marques and Dry Tortugas. Contact Phil@ 305-807-2543 for further information.
toothyankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
FLmedic89

Re: Liveaboard

Price?
FLmedic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
toothyankr

$1,400
toothyankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:14 PM   #4
Habo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothyankr View Post
Two spots available August 25-29th on the Playmate out of Key West. Scuba Spearfishing and lobstering in the Marques and Dry Tortugas. Contact Phil@ 305-807-2543 for further information.
I hope you find that boat in better shape than when I went 2 years ago. Upon arrival I noticed the paint was badly faded everywhere on the boat. The bottom had barnacles and green algae. The shower was in desperate need of renovation. Once underway the AC was finicky, I think the the crew knew it was bad because they pulled out portable stand up AC units that could not keep up. Spent a couple of nights sweating. One morning, 2 am, the crew was making a bunch of racket and running shop vacs to suck up a bunch of water in the galley.

Overall it was a decent trip, my first liveaboard experience. The Crew was very nice.
Just giving you a heads up, you might want to see ask about AC before you leave. Also, they charge extra if you bring your own steel tanks.

Hope you stay safe and have good luck.
Habo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:41 AM   #5
sharpshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habo View Post
I hope you find that boat in better shape than when I went 2 years ago. Upon arrival I noticed the paint was badly faded everywhere on the boat. The bottom had barnacles and green algae. The shower was in desperate need of renovation. Once underway the AC was finicky, I think the the crew knew it was bad because they pulled out portable stand up AC units that could not keep up. Spent a couple of nights sweating. One morning, 2 am, the crew was making a bunch of racket and running shop vacs to suck up a bunch of water in the galley.

Overall it was a decent trip, my first liveaboard experience. The Crew was very nice.
Just giving you a heads up, you might want to see ask about AC before you leave. Also, they charge extra if you bring your own steel tanks.

Hope you stay safe and have good luck.
Just like Habo said. Extra $100 for bringing your 2 own any size steel tanks. They supply Al 80 tanks. Also, I needed to bring a din to yoke adapter or screw in converter. The compressor whip ends are yoke. They only have a few adapters. We went with less than the 11 max. people. The first stateroom on the left is real small for 2 full grown men. We called it the closet. The smallest guy in our group stayed in there by himself. Hopefully, things aboard have improved. Especially, the AC. We stopped going every year after the hogfish limit of 10 per diver per trip was reduced down to 2. One of our guys thought because the trip was 4 days. He had a 4 day limit not a 2 day limit. Just like someone going out and returning every day from land. Looking forward to your trip report.

Last edited by sharpshooter; 07-30-2019 at 07:09 AM.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
Eibwen

Looking forward the the report. $1,400 seems like an awfully good price
Eibwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:28 PM   #7
Habo

Bump for report.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:44 AM   #8
sharpshooter

Ricky B was on your trip. He's a die hard spearo. Saw and talked to him about the trip at the dive shop yesterday while getting my tanks. If you brought your own tanks. You should get them checked for moisture right away. His 2 and 4 others had moisture. He mentioned you guys were diving on air. No Nitrox. Also, some guys were getting head aches. The trip got cut a day short. No adjustment in price. He did get a nice black grouper and a few nice muttons. Just like the MG. Things today are not the same as years ago fish wise.

Last edited by sharpshooter; 09-01-2019 at 11:04 AM.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:19 PM   #9
Habo

Bump for update.

Still interested in the report from the trip?

I am.