Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2013 Tournament and Event Archives > 2013 The Blue Wild Expo - February 23-24, 2013

2013 The Blue Wild Expo - February 23-24, 2013 This is a world-class spearfishing, diving and water sports event with 1,000s of participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #76
Wile E. Coyote

Re: (New!!!) Blue Wild Photo/Video Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
Spearthebigone, there is a chance I will forget all this and do it again. I'm getting old and my memory sucks.
LOL.
Good news

Curious, are most of the videos being taking with those little GoPro's?
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #77
OutdoorCatholic
† Catholic Spearo †

Shots from gun or head perspective, yes. Otherwise a lot of the nicer video shots are DSLR's like Canon T2i-T4i in housings. Smaller light sensors end up with noisy video on the GoPro's. Bigger light sensors in DSLR's mean nicer blacks and more flexibility in color correction. A decent setup with nothing but a T4i, pancake lens, and a housing will put you back no less than $2000. Far cry from the $300-$500 it takes to shoot with a GoPro.
OutdoorCatholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #78
Wile E. Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorCatholic View Post
Shots from gun or head perspective, yes. Otherwise a lot of the nicer video shots are DSLR's like Canon T2i-T4i in housings. Smaller light sensors end up with noisy video on the GoPro's. Bigger light sensors in DSLR's mean nicer blacks and more flexibility in color correction. A decent setup with nothing but a T4i, pancake lens, and a housing will put you back no less than $2000. Far cry from the $300-$500 it takes to shoot with a GoPro.
Thanks
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #79
macsub

Just co clarify, I never questioned anyone's integrity or honesty with my comments. The issue I pointed out is, IMO, more of a coordination or communication problem, and I don’t see any bad intentions there. I apologize if I contributed to the drama somehow.

And, as I previously said to Dimitris, I really appreciate the efforts you guys do to make these kind of events possible, and I hope you keep doing them every year. Thank you for that.

Cheers.
Roberto.
macsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #80
Samik
Nature Laughs Last

Holy drama lama's on here. A lot of great videos made it into the contest, and I'd like to thanks Sherri and the others associated with this contest for putting it on. A great way to showcase our sport in a positive way and see different views of the same activity from around the world. I've known Viv for years and really liked her video. It lacked the Hardcore/extreme/fistbump-bro! theme from a lot of the other entries I saw online, and that appeals to me.

Nolan's video was great, but the ending shot killed it. Doesn't fit. a face closeup says "attitude" to a lot of people.

Can't wait for next year!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #81
sbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
Brent, I would love to have someone like George as a judge. I think it's a good idea to change judges from year to year anyway. Do you think he would be willing?

Heck, he sounds like good speaker material too. I'd love to hear a NatGeo videographer talk about his adventures in the ocean. They lead fascinating lives, but you rarely hear from the man behind the camera.

Could ya start buttering him up now, maybe?
Sure...pm sent