Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 12-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #46
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Financial/Investments

Dangerous move there, Cotton. ALL indicators are pointing to bear market. The central banks were propping up the market before with their low interest rates. They've stopped that. They are now looking to intentionally crash the market. Trump may be a primary reason for that. Tread carefully, my friend.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:28 PM   #47
Marcus

Wow, the manipulation is getting worse and worse. The game is definitely rigged. It's Wall Street vs Main Street. I wonder who will win this time.

Investors Are Speechless: "It's Like Watching Pulp Fiction"
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 12-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #48
OBLIGATED

Buddy of mine watched his 401k take a 35k dump in a month after 911 and the Iraq mess started.Watched it dump even more in the months to come yet he still put money in every two weeks.When he retired about five years ago he had recouped his losses and had a profit and around 600k saved.
It is a long term game with funds.Try to buy low and hold on.I have another buddy that got started on his fund in the $30 mark.That fund is around $70 now.The market can crap out some more and he can care less.He is looking at 20 more years before cracking that egg.
Short term goal (1-2 years)is pay off the mortgage so I cant put a lot in the market but every bit of spare change gets put in the fund.
Long term goal(5-10 years)is dump money into the mutual fund,ladder some CDs and not take on any major debt.Possibly a nice piece of land that me and my sons and grandsons can live and hunt on.
"The market is where impatient people give patient people money"Warren Buffett
Old 06-19-2019, 09:13 PM   #49
Marcus

Gold just busted a major nut at the 1350 resistance. Look at the weekly chart...quite impressive. I'm set for lift off.
Not trying to pump...just happy at my baseline positions on some explosive miners.

On the flip side, the increase in gold price always correlates with the decreased buying power of fiat.

Gold Spikes To 6Y Highs As Dollar, Bond Yields Plunge
Old 06-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #50
OBLIGATED

PMs go crazy and I will sell my little collection.Im not attached to the coins.

The crypto stuff I dont even like to look at.Its SLOOOOWLY going back up.

Still dribbling money into my mutual fund for long term.

Sucks being poor.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:44 PM   #51
OBLIGATED

https://www.coindesk.com/breaking-bi...ime-since-2018

Bitcoin is going up.I said I would ride it to the ground or to the stars.At this point who knows what it will do.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #52
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
https://www.coindesk.com/breaking-bi...ime-since-2018

Bitcoin is going up.I said I would ride it to the ground or to the stars.At this point who knows what it will do.
Watcha gonna do with that Bitcoin if the grid goes down?
Old 06-23-2019, 10:25 AM   #53
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Watcha gonna do with that Bitcoin if the grid goes down?
Same thing I will do with money in the bank or my mutual funds.Just dont keep all of my eggs in one basket.If it goes down it goes down.
If Bitcoin goes up enough for a profit for me I will probably get my initial money back and let the rest ride with no worries.If not Ill sit on it.Not thrilled with it.
Everything around me is farms and country homes.We wont starve.
Once I get the house paid I may do a hybrid generator,solar,wind generator system to keep the wife from screeching she isnt comfortable WHEN the power goes off.Been a week without watching TV and dont really miss it except for Cavuto in the mornings.Let it burn.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:34 AM   #54
Marcus

Quote:
...Let it burn.
I hear ya.

I have some PM's on hand for such. Those pre 1964 silver 'junk' coins spend real nice. You can buy them by the bag fulls.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:59 AM   #55
OBLIGATED

I have gold coins and silver rounds.Once the house is paid and upgrades are done I will probably get some more PMs.
Guy I usually get deals from hasnt had anything lately.I usually get spot or a little under when we come to terms.
The whole place is getting new windows,log siding and a new A/C unit so I have been on a miserable spending diet.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:12 PM   #56
Marcus

FOMO--> Fear Of Missing Out

Gold is looking VERY strong, taking out highs (resistance levels) left and right. Silver is going to start busting a nut. I'm going to take a large position in EXK to be prepared for it. I already have PAAS and AG. My account went up 10% today...2nd time in a week.

Rubino: Finally, FOMO Arrives For Gold
Old 06-25-2019, 11:03 AM   #57
Marcus

I'm positioned for blast off *fingers crossed*. EXK (In @ 2.06) is acting strong relative to my other miners. Accumulation is happening.

If History Still Matters, Silver Is Poised For A Huge Move
Old 06-26-2019, 07:04 PM   #58
OBLIGATED

Took some money from my boat fund and bought a Gold 1oz Canadian Maple,1oz Panda coin,1/4 oz Indian head and ordered 10 oz of silver rounds.

Guess a new boat can wait a little longer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gold.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	243200  

Last edited by OBLIGATED; 06-27-2019 at 11:20 AM.
OBLIGATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #59
OBLIGATED

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...housands-times

Somebody needs to go to prison or be castrated.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:35 AM   #60
Marcus

Quote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...housands-times

Somebody needs to go to prison or be castrated.
Everyone involved, especially the judge. $25 million is a pittance for that crime.