Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Old 02-13-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
quattroluvr
Leigh

Send a message via Skype™ to quattroluvr
Punta Pescadero Baja in April

Going Baja April 13-20. FYI. Welcome other spearos to join.

http://www.puntapescaderoparadise.com/english/

quite nice hotel on east cape area of Baja, well away from Cabo scene. via email got $110/nt instead of webrate $160/nt

great looking reefs right in front of hotel - use satellite view
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pu...4692e2!6m1!1e1

Primarily a vacation with the wife who snorkels and dives (some) but not a spearo, but i'm taking my speargun!

SW Airlines only 17K miles roundtrip PDX to Cabo
quattroluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
juanacity
John

Re: Punta Pescadero Baja in April

Hey Leigh,

Can't make this trip but hope you have a good time.

If you're going with your wife, and she is at all interested in snorkeling/diving, I would definitely suggest you make at least a day trip to Cabo Pulmo. I was just down there in January and going out with my girlfriend in Cabo Pulmo was great. She only snorkels and we were able to see a ton of life. Schools with thousands and thousands of jacks, giant pargo (50+ lbs), huge cabrilla, colorful reef fish, eels etc.

Cabo Pulmo has been a preserve for years so no fishing at all and your trigger finger will definitely get itchy, but very cool to see and very accessible.

I can pm you some more details on the larger area as well. Cabo Pulmo is just a great place to go if you are with people who are interested in getting in the water to see stuff but don't want to spend hours of diving for the one chance of spearing a big fish.

John
juanacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
quattroluvr
Leigh

Great! thanks for the tip and yes please email more tips! like where exactly in Cabo Pulma or how to hire a good panga, or ...

This is 1st time to Baja, let alone the East Cape area, so others too, bring on the tips for Baja :-)
Old 02-23-2016, 07:14 AM   #4
kehloken

I forget the name but if you look up cabo pulmo diving you should Be able to find the little Villa Straight in from there. They launch the panga and then you go out and Dive.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:46 AM   #5
quattroluvr
Leigh

now we're going 3 days earlier. leaving pdx April 10, return flight still on 20th.
So 3 places. Cabo Pulmo for 2 days, then Punta Pescadoro, then Palapas Ventana.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
Timinator

Be interested in joining up on another trip sometime. I'm already going down the first two weeks of April; LA Bay first then down to Mulege and there abouts depending on where the fish are. Speaking of fish, they're already in Mulege; both big Yellowtail and AJ's. Should be a great trip/year.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:13 PM   #7
kehloken

When you're in cabo pulmo area Get out to the main road and head back to Cabo, and start taking roads that head to the water. there are some non-not so publicized places to rent on the water, Sum are very expensive because of the seclusion.
The one that I've been to you just go spearfish right out front. But I've also drove around and when I got close the water went out and speared some fish.

Basically be friendly meet the locals stop in the little stores that are in the area be friendly always buy a couple items and that whole area will open up to you.

Oh by the way I have no idea on the drug lords and all that stuff that's been going on but for the most part there I've never seen anything like it Going on.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #8
peripatetic

In Mexico the beaches and arroyos are public land. Any arroyo that is driveable provides beach access. You may have mansions on either side of you, but you can use the beach almost everywhere.

On one memorable East Cape trip my buddies and I found such a place, but the beach was covered with garbage. We cleaned up the trash, filling half a dozen big bags. That afternoon the homeowner to the south came down and saw us camped there with a clean beach. The owner was very grateful; we were invited to the house for cocktails that afternoon, and given a tour of the most amazing home I have ever seen.

Like Kehloken says above "be nice to the locals", and show some respect for their beautiful beaches. You will be rewarded
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote