Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > Dive Boats 4-Sale

Dive Boats 4-Sale Have a dive boat you want to sell? Post photos and a good description, and you may just have some success.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
love2shootfish

commercial fishing business with boat/truck

2001 20’ PROLINE WALKAROUND WITH T-TOP AND TOWER, USED VALUE -----------------LOW RETAIL/ $18,000.00, AVERAGE RETAIL/ $21,300.00,

2001 150HP OPTIMAX SALTWATER MERCURY MOTOR, USED VALUE---,-LOW RETAIL/ $3,035.00 AVERAGE RETAIL/ $3,410.00,

2001 STAINLESS STEEL 17* PITCH MERCURY VENGENCE PROPS

2001 TANDEM AXLE TRAILER, USED VALUE--------LOW RETAIL/ $1,325.00, AVERAGE RETAIL/ $1,505.00 ,

SALTWATER PRODUCT LICENSE WITH RESTRICTED SPECIES ENDORSEMENT,

LENCO TRIMTABS,

OUTBOARD POWER TRIM TABS,

TRIM INDICATOR,

SWIM PLATFORM WITH LADDER,

LOWRANCE LCX20 COLOR FISHFINDER DUAL FREQ. WITH WAAS/ GPS CHART PLOTTER,

LEE OUTRIGGERS,

PENN DOWNRIGGER WITH 10# BALL,

VHF RADIO,

MARINE BATTERY AND SWITCH,

BAITWELL 32 GALLON,

FISH BOX ,

CABIN WITH CUSHIONS,

BILGE PUMP,

OVER HEADSTERN LIGHTS,

CUSTOM T-TOP WITH ROD HOLDERS,

FOLD DOWN COBIA TOWER,

CAPTAIN SWIVEL CHAIRS,

STAINLESS STEEL BOW RAIL,

SALTWATER PRODUCTS LICENSE ALLOWS YOU TO SELL YOUR CATCH TO THE WHOLESALE MARKET. THERE ARE OTHER PERMITS YOU CAN GET ONCE YOU HAVE THE RESTRICTED SPECIES LICENSE THAT ALLOW YOU TO SELL LARGE QUANITYS OF FISH , BUT IN ORDER TO DO THAT YOU MUST POSSESS A SALTWATER PRODUCT LICENSE WITH A RESTRICTED SPECIES ENDORSEMENT. THESE PERMITS HAVE AN ESTIMATED VALUE OF 10,000.00 . AGAIN WITHOUT THIS YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SELL ANY REAL MARKETABLE FISH. THIS IS A TRUE BUSINESS , SO ALL EXPENSES OF THE BUSINESS BECOME TAX WRITEOFFS AS IN GAS , BAIT , ICE ALL TACKLE , RODS AND REELS ANYTHING PERTAINING TO FISHING INCLUDING THE FUEL IN YOUR VEHICLE TO GET YOU TO THE RAMP. ALL FISH PRICES GO UP AND DOWN DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF FISH BROUGHT IN BY OTHER FISHERMEN IN THE COMMERCIAL FLEET . THAT IS WHY IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GIVE THEM QUALITY FISH, THEN YOU CAN GET YOUR ASKING PRICE PLUS. ONCE YOU ARE IN THE FISH MARKET YOU CAN GET ALL YOUR ICE FREE EVERYDAY, BUT MOST MARKETS GIVING YOU THE ICE EXPECT THAT YOU SELL THEM YOUR FISH. BOAT NEEDS 2 THINGS A PAINT JOB,
AND A STEREO AND IT WOULD BE A NEW BOAT , NEW BUSINESS.THIS BOAT MAKES A SWEET DIVE BOAT, IT IS A PROVEN FISH KILLER!!!

ALL THESE FIGURES CAME FROM THE INTERNET, NADA BOAT PRICE GUIDE….

THANKS -TONY GIVE ME A CALL 321-794-7342 OR HOME 321-208-8022 OR SEND AN IM $22,000.00 takes ALL

love2shootfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
Bottom Dweller
"Shizzit Stirrer"

Re: commercial fishing business with boat/truck

First, I don't know where you are located, but I would guess in Florida. If that is the case the Salt water products license and restricted species endorsement do you no good without a Federal Reeffish permit. (In the GOM or Atlantic) Do you have one? If so are you selling with the boat? If you don't have a federal RR permit, you have been illegally selling fish. Also, in my opinion, there is really no value in SPL & RS due to anyone being able to get one for about $100.00. If you are not in Florida then I have no idea what the laws are and will gladly take down this post.
Bottom Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
Gamble
NATIVE

10k is WAY high for an RS and SPL. Try $40.00 for the SPL and roughly $100 for the RS ONCE you can prove 5k worth of income from LEGAL commercially fishing on trip tickets. I didn't see a VMS listed so i will assume you don't have a reef permit. Basically the only thing you can LEGALLY sell are sheep head and grunts. There may be a couple others NOT including Grouper, snapper, Mackerel, or pelagics.

G/L with the sale of your buisness.

Last edited by Gamble; 09-09-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
love2shootfish

I don't want to be rude , but you should do more research before you post comments that aren't correct..I have federal permits , they are not being sold with this boat. And as of now you can sell your recreational limit with an R/S cobia , grouper , snapper to just name a few. I woud like to see you get an R/S for 400.00 your dreaming!!!! Everyone would have one lol
Old 09-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
Gamble
NATIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2shootfish View Post
I don't want to be rude , but you should do more research before you post comments that aren't correct..I have federal permits , they are not being sold with this boat. And as of now you can sell your recreational limit with an R/S cobia , grouper , snapper to just name a few. I woud like to see you get an R/S for 400.00 your dreaming!!!! Everyone would have one lol
Why is the boat your selling registered as a recreational vessel? In order for it to have a FRP is must be commercially registered.

You might want to check up on the regulations and cost of RS/SPL I'm not dreaming.

Here's the link.>> http://marinefisheries.org/CommLicenseFees.htm

http://http://myfwc.com/marine/comme...RSAppPage1.pdf
Old 09-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
Bottom Dweller
"Shizzit Stirrer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2shootfish View Post
You CANNOT sell your rec reef fish (Grouper, Snapper, AJ, and most others) catch without a Federal Reef Fish permit in the Atlantic or GOM. Please show me the law that says you can. As Gamble and I stated, you can get a RS & SPL for $100 or a little over directly from the state.

OK, I found the fee page linked above and the resident SPL is $50.00 and it says the RS endorsment is free. Also look at the fish you need a RS for...

Saltwater Product Any species of the saltwater fish, marine plant of echinoderm, except shells, and salted, cured, canned or smoked seafood.

Saltwater Fish Shall include all classes of Pisces, shellfish, sponges and crustacean indigenous to saltwater.

Species Designated As Restricted

Required to exceed the recreational bag limit and/or to sell species designated as a Restricted Species. Species currently
designated Restricted: African Pompano, Amberjack, Black Drum, Black (Striped) Mullet, Bluefish, Blue Crab, Clams
(Brevard County only), Crawfish/Lobster, Cobia, Florida Pompano, Flounder, Grouper, Hogfish, King Mackerel, Permit,
Red Porgy, Cobia, Sea Bass, Sheepshead, Shrimp, Snapper, Spanish Mackerel, Spotted Sea Trout, Stone Crab, Triggerfish,
Tripletail, and Tropical Marine Fish and Plants including ornamental sponges.
Additional species may be designated as Restricted at any given time, as a result of Commission ruling.

You mentioned grouper, snapper, and cobia and they are all on that list. I now have no idea what you are trying to say.

Last edited by Bottom Dweller; 09-09-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Bottom Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #7
love2shootfish

Best bet for you guys, is to call Tallahassee, You can buy an spl from them for I think 50.00 , but you must qualify for an R/S which is an addittional 50.00. Hard part is trying to qualify. One way is to buy one that has one attach to a commercial registered boat. This boat is registered commercial and has a commercial restricted species license attached to it. With that you are able with out federal permits to sell some of your recreational catch. Snapper , grouper, cobia, not to name all the others that exceed the recreational limit with just the r/s no federal permit needed for, flounder , trout,sheepshead etc. without the r/s you can't sell anything but baitfish. Anyone really interested in this boat will do the proper research needed to know all the ins and outs. Call Tallahassee its the best way to find out the laws.If you Noaa at st.pete they willlet you know the other laws that you question. thanks-T
Old 09-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
Gamble
NATIVE

Dude come on,,, you have Recreational FL numbers on the boat so their is NO WAY it is registered as a commercial vessel or have a vessel SPL/RS attached. So that I understand correctly you are trying to tell potential buyers that it is legal to sell REC. QTY of grouper, snapper and other "restricted species" without a Federal reef permit as long as you have your SPL with RS endorsement. At first you said you the permits that came with the boat had an estimated value of 10k. Then you told me I was dreaming when I explained that anyone with the correct requirements could get their RS/SPL for under around $150. NOW you say it's $50.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
love2shootfish

Gamble, DUDE you really need to do your research before you comment, you are way out of the ballpark!!!....... The big numbers you are refering to on commercial boats are documented federal boats not just commercial,, REsearch REsearch.........I quess I should have said if you qualify for an R/S permit you can renew it every year for 50.00 , but you , you can't get one unless you sell 5000.00 worth of pogies goodluck!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #10
Gamble
NATIVE

I've done the research,,, thanks.

In order to LEGALLY sell ANY restricted species you MUST have a federally documented commercial boat WITH the correct Federal reef permit and SPL with restricted species endorsement. I just called FWC AND NOAA and got the exact same response. IT IS ILLEAGLE TO SELL YOU REC caught catch without the correct permits in state OR federal waters.

For Gag, snapper, Hog, sheep head and so on that would REQUIRE a federal reef permit.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #11
love2shootfish

wrong!! sorry dude !!!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
love2shootfish

any serious buyers please feel free to call or contact who you feel will give you the correct info , what you are reading from gamble is wrong. It is possible after january that the new grouper laws will not allow you to selll your recreational catch of grouper they are trying to stop it. but for the time being you are allowed. I have all the documented proof of this boat and can show you proof of sales. If you do the proper research you find that What I have posted is correct.I forgot about 10 tripletail per day you can take without that federal permit and unlimited flounder in federal water without that federal permit thanks -T
Old 09-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #13
hardcore
www.spearboard.commie

Quote:
Species designated as “Reef Fish” are also designated as Restricted Species. An SPL with a Restricted Species (RS) endorsement is required to sell
any species designated as “Reef Fish”. A Federal Permit is also required to harvest in commercial quantities and sell “Reef Fish” species other than
bank, black, or rock sea bass and red porgy harvested in the Gulf. No “Reef Fish” may be sold by or purchased from persons who do not hold the
required state and federal permits.
http://myfwc.com/marine/commerical/ComRegs2008-2009.pdf

You need an SPL with RS, A federal reef permit & VMS or south alantic snapper grouper, Coast guard safty gear (Life raft, Epirb, ect.) to sell reef fish in FL.

Quote:
you can't get one unless you sell 5000.00 worth of pogies goodluck!!!!!!
Here's the ways to get the RS http://marinefisheries.org/CommLicen...trictedSpecies
Old 09-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
love2shootfish

couple other available takes are ;;

pompano 250 fish perday no federal permit

sheepshead 50lbs inside state waters, unlimited federal waters. no fed. permit needed

flounder 50lbs inside state , no limit federal, no fed. permit required

slipper lobster no limit state or federal

black drum 500lbs per day inside state. no limit federal. no fed. permit required

bluefish 7500lbs perday no federal permit required

there are many others just naming a few.... Thanks-T
Old 09-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #15
love2shootfish

Yes, you need a federal permit to exceed recreational takes and to sell over your rec.limit in quanity any reef fish.