Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Anywhere else!

Anywhere else! You can post here to get a conversation started if looking to meet and hunt with people in other areas not listed above.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:57 PM   #1
Mako993
Mako

Spearfishing the New Jersey Coast

I live down here in VA, but grew up near Long Beach Island. I was curious to know if there's anyone out there who spearfishes the Jersey coast, particularly near Cape May. I go up every month at least once during the warmer months.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
Defofthecrown
Chris Saxl

Re: Spearfishing the New Jersey Coast

Hey,

I'm on the West Coast now, but I used to dive the Cape May jetty and Lewes, DE breakwater all the time when I lived in MD. I don't know if your in touch w/ people locally, but there is the Diamond State Skindivers in DE and Matt Turner at Pirate Scuba in OC, MD knows most people for NJ to VA who dive.

New Jersey has great diving, fishiest spot I've ever been. Also your not too far from NC which has the best vis on the East Coast Aside from Florida.
Defofthecrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:04 PM   #3
Mako993
Mako

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I am in touch with Matt down at Pirate Scuba in OC and we plan to do some spearfishing this summer. He talked of starting a club, and I'm in on it for sure.

The last time I was up in Cape May was last October, and I was fishing with a fly rod, not with a speargun. Somehow I think spearing is more "me", as it would provide a greater elemental challenge and experience.

I know that NC has great vis. Here in VA and MD it's not nearly as good, as you well know. I've heard and read that CA where you are has some great spearfishing, though.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #4
Salty mic85

Hey what's up guys I'm new to this social media stuff but really trying to get back into spearfishing. 29 years old grew up on the ocean with my old man. Life changed and I haven't speared since I was about 13. Anyone doesn't mind a newbie tagging along I'd be stoked to meet up and paddle out. I surf all up and down the state so I'm pretty familiar with jersey beaches. Thanks.
Salty mic85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
Sail-Fish

Hey salty, just saw your post. I had started another thread looking for people to go. I have a boat in cape may and have had a tuff time finding people to go out so I've been trying to get a list of numbers so I don't miss any nice days. I mostly prefer tank diving, but I free dive too. Shoot me a line if your interested.
Sail-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #6
Salty mic85

What's up Sail. Sorry I didn't reply Sooner got very busy with work but I'd definitely love an opportunity to go out off shore. I've never done with a tank although I always wanted to get certified the timing was always off. You can hit me up anytime ya have an opening. 6099705594. That's my cell because I don't always have time to go online and check the forum. As I said I'm new to the social media stuff. Best of luck to ya.
Salty mic85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #7
Sail-Fish

Cool man, got the number I'll shoot you a text. I don't check in super often either so i will send you my cell number.
Sail-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:38 AM   #8
nilsonov

post up in the mid atlantic section
nilsonov is offline   Reply With Quote