Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Miami and The Florida Keys

Miami and The Florida Keys Have a report, or want to discuss spearing in Miami or the Keys? Post here!

Old 08-06-2018, 10:33 AM   #1
Tenen chur

Islamorada spearfishing

I usually fish hook and line but recently bought a nice speargun and have been wanting to try it at some patch reefs. I know you have to be 3 nautical miles from shore but whenever I go out past this on Atlantic side and try to find an area to spearfish I seem to have no luck. Any tips on finding patch reefs, coral heads, or if anyone has any general areas they know which hold fish and maybe lobster? want to stay around 25 feet of water or less for freediving and some scuba.
Tenen chur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:25 AM   #2
Thin man

Re: Islamorada spearfishing

Welcome to spearfishing! You'll have to put some work in. Use mapping apps and websites, search this board, put your time in on the water. You can hire a guide if you want to speed that process up. Anyone with good spots had to work or pay for them and won't give them up quickly. Maybe you can even find someone down there that will go out with you if you buy a case of beer. And don't dive alone.
Thin man is offline   Reply With Quote