Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 01-09-2022, 04:12 AM   #1
vstante

Ermessub MVD double roller mech

Hi guys, hope you all doing great!

I am looking for a Ermessub double roll mechanism for MVD handle. Its sold out on Ermessub page, do you have any idea where to get one?
vstante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:14 AM   #2
spearq8

Re: Ermessub MVD double roller mech

Much better is to just get the new Ermessub handle + trigger combo. The handle is designed specifically for the new DR trigger. I am not sure if he sold out of his production run, but if not ... that is a really good option.
spearq8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:08 AM   #3
vstante

Hi Majd, thanks! Well I bought a short Mvd gun, it was cheap.
It already has a handle so i tought I'd replace only the mech.
I wrote to Mario and he is sending me a DR mechanism for hunt and MVD handle. He is not sold out he told me.
vstante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 01:54 AM   #4
spearq8

Yes, I think the time of designing "fixes" for bad triggers should be over. Even with the Pathos triggers which always sell out when he makes them. The problem is that you have to deal with many different people, with varying DIY abilities ... trying to make the trigger work and modifying the handle accordingly. Some are very good at it but some are not and need to be helped through it. Much easier is to have a handle with a good trigger designed for that handle. No modification needed at all ... just remove one or two screws holding the pipe to handle and change out the handle and you are done with the mod. Also the new Ermessub handle is designed properly ... very high in the CG of the gun and recoil goes into the palm ... not thumb. Add to that the latest DR trigger and it should be a good transformation to any pipe gun that fits that handle.
spearq8 is online now   Reply With Quote