Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Announcements and Rules > Spearboard Announcements and Rules

Spearboard Announcements and Rules Check here for annoucements on things that would interest spearfishermen, including seminars or other events

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 88 votes, 2.76 average. Display Modes
Old 07-06-2015, 02:14 AM   #166
bubble-o-bill

Re: Welcome Lurkers!

I dont know where else to post tis, the contact us link down below isnt working. I want to cancel my account since I got an email saying someone tried logging into my user name the other day. Is there a link in the user control panel that i might have missed? And please rewport this post so it gets the moderators attention. Thanks.
bubble-o-bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:03 AM   #167
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Lightbulb Re: Welcome Lurkers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble-o-bill View Post
I dont know where else to post tis, the contact us link down below isnt working. I want to cancel my account since I got an email saying someone tried logging into my user name the other day. Is there a link in the user control panel that i might have missed? And please rewport this post so it gets the moderators attention. Thanks.
No need to worry. From time to time, automated or manual spammers try logging into accounts but are defeated by your password. Every once in a while, some member tells me it happened like one told me a few weeks ago. If your password is fairly good, I doubt they will succeed. Even if they did get in and took over your account to start spamming, I would block them as soon as I got word or saw their spam myself.

Of course, another possibility it someone thought your screen name was their screen name and tried to log in and failed. The software would automatically send you that email.
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:27 PM   #168
Driveshaft

~ Hi my name is Kevin, My Dad is a long time Spearboard member, he is obsessed with spearfishing, which is good for me.
Driveshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #169
Vulkanman

Hi everyone, my name is Don, I'm in Foley AL (near Orange Beach), finally got around to getting certified & want to get into spearfishing, I've snorkeled in some fantastic places and loved it but just never took the time to get scuba. I finally have the time and decided to do it, if the weather will cooperate I'll get my open water dives finished this week. The water at the dive site my instructor uses has been like coffee for almost a month and we have another system coming in, so I'm hoping.
I've lurked for a while & enjoy all the stories & pictures, hope to make some new friends & memories here-
Vulkanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:14 PM   #170
Seadive1

Good morning!

Anyway a thread for the key west shootout can be started in the tournament section?

Thanks!
Seadive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #171
stevemuehler

I tried the contact email but the the delivery failed

I was trying to view photos in a post and it said "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting".
How do I do that?
Thanks,
Steve Muehler
stevemuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #172
Maxwell123

New lurker here!
Maxwell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:19 AM   #173
A-Train

Hello to all fellow spearfisherman. its taken a few days but my account has been activated YAY!!!!!!! I have to say thanks to the community, so far as a lurker I have taken in many tips and tricks and tried my best to learn the ropes before heading into the Gulf. I am from Alabama and this is my first year of spearfishing and I have to say there is nothing like it. im HOOKED. I have only been out 2 times but cannot wait for the opportunity to hit the gulf again and expand my species count which is currently at 3 lol. I bagged the snapper you see in the avatar pic, along with a limit of trigger (remarkably good eating) and a few African pompano with my standard #3 Riffe i acquired and I have to say that thing whooped my butt learning the proper technique for all 3 bands in deep water lol. I now see why most recommend not jumping straight to blue water and such a big gun but hey go big or go home right? im still in the works of getting decked out in my gear and currently changing from a jacket style BCD to back plate and wing and just reading through the threads here. anyhow enough of my ramble..... Hello to ALL see you ladies and gentlemen around the forum.
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #174
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Welcome A-Train!
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:49 PM   #175
A-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearMax View Post
Welcome A-Train!

Thank you sir....
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #176
ShipMonster

Hi all, I wouldn't say I'm a long time lurker but I did get to lurk for almost a month while waiting to get access to this site lol. It's all good, nice to finally be on board. I'm not into spearfishing but a trip to Eleuthera next year has prompted me to get a pole spear and start down the rabbit hole of prepping for the trip. And my head has not stop spinning with band diameter force / stretch, spear mods, diving techniques, spear tips, thread tips, brand differences..... ect. Funny that you can really gather obscene amounts of information for what is, essentially, a stick with a rubber band hahah.
ShipMonster is offline   Reply With Quote