Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 03:48 PM   #2161
Ric

Re: Daily Vis report thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersymudsniper View Post
The bay water was clean. If you went that late you got some clean outgoing water. It sucked at 930. Water was balls cold. I aint going back till april I didnt see any fish but wasnt looking to hard or diveing in fishy spots. Viz sucked and my hands were numb. Did a quick drift back and done.
True, you probably left when it was becoming better.
The cold is not an issue if you have a good suit. What's the point of a winter suit if you only go when water is warm ?
I can say that my 5 mm open suit MAKO works wonderful. Perhaps it's the neoprene, the suit juice, I don't know, but my body was fine. The problem is the fingers and feet. It hurts terribly even with 7 mm gloves and two socks. I don't see any solution beside shaking and moving hands and it works more or less. Anyways, for the record I uploaded the video.
https://youtu.be/XdLkQjomv44
It's not Key West for sure.
Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #2162
Pelagics1988

Anybody out yet for tog these past couple days?
Pelagics1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #2163
Mana'squal

I went sunday. Nothing swimming to see, vis was shit but I've shot fish in worse. Trying again next weekend if the dwell stays down. Even then I don't think I'll see any with the temp only 43 on the surface.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Mana'squal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #2164
Pelagics1988

yeah I figured. I'll probably wait another 2 weeks
Pelagics1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #2165
Captain Howard

We got out of Barnegat Inlet today for some diving. We dove a couple of wrecks in the 75 to 85 ft depths. Bottom temp was 42 and vis around 15 to 20 ft. The surface was almost flat calm with a light breeze out of the West. We did not spot a lot of life but
did see some lobster and blackfish. Only two lobster came up since the rest were eggers or shorts. No one took a speargun so no fish . Not a lot of legal sealife right now so its tough hunting. Thanks John, Jack and Frank for joining me today. Dam nice day out there.
Captain Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:07 PM   #2166
Mana'squal

Hit manasquan from both the squan and point pleasent sides. Vis was varied from 8 feet to 3 feet. Squan is empty of blackfish but has a fair share of flounder in front of the dog beach sitting in the mussel beds. Point pleasent side is loaded with big tautog especially on the tip hiding in caves.

Limited on flounder and took 3 blackfish.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:17 PM   #2167
jersymudsniper

Nice. Went saturday bi didnt even see a minnow.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:05 PM   #2168
Captain Howard

Well Stan and I got out today on a mission. Same good conditions as yesterday.. We completed our work and dove a few more wrecks (bouy dives) in the same area as yesterday but different wrecks. Today we found lots of lobster, 3 of which were just barely legal weighing about 5lbs each. The rest were from two 1/2 lbs up.We both got our limits. Last stop was on a wreck for Blackfish and while I saw several over 10lbs I could not get a good shot with my polespear. Next time I will bring the gun. I almost forgot to mention we also loaded up with mussels. Another great day on the water. Another thing , we ran over something in about 83 ft of water and were not sure what it was so we went back later and found a small piece of wreckage . We will go back when we have more time to investigate further.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:20 PM   #2169
Jhento

nice to see some pics!
Jhento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:57 PM   #2170
BarnBurner

Nice fish! I dove LI Sound on Sunday. 25-35' of Water. My watch and fishfinder said was surface temp was 52 degrees, but I found that hard to believe. Not much life except for spider crabs and starfish. Hopefully soon.
BarnBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #2171
Mana'squal

Manasquan put out again Sunday. Despite firing clean stomach high sets and a complete lack of slack tide vis was 3-6 feet with tons of schooly bass around. Passed on a bass I should have taken in hindsight. Limited on tautog in about an hour and a half. I did miss ID what I thought was a small bluefish and ended up taking a shad like an idiot. Live and learn.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #2172
Captain Howard

We headed out again today out of Barnegat Inlet. We started a little deeper this time in about 90ft the a wreck in 80ft and lastly 75ft. Vis on all three about 15 to 20 . Lots of sea bass around ( they are all still there). I did not get a bottom temp today. Two divers went home with 10 lobster. Not the best day out there but better than nothing.

Last edited by Captain Howard; 05-09-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:15 AM   #2173
SpearoAgnew

Hit the north shore near Port Jeff with sea temps around 50 the other day, vis was poor (3’-4’) and there wasn’t anything aside from spider and horseshoe crabs at the bottom. Plenty jellies in the suspension layer between the surface about 4’ above the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SpearoAgnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:18 AM   #2174
nilsonov

Breezy was mud yesterday. Shithouse was clean though
nilsonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #2175
basstomouth
David

Dove in Squan today, still pretty chilly ~55 degrees, water was clear as I’ve seen it this year , ranging from 10-15’ ft on bottom with vertical vis to the bottom in water almost 20 ft deep. If Tog were open, anyone would’ve been able to tee off, also lots of schoolies, no keeper bass.