Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 03:44 AM   #121
gr8freediver
Dennis

Re: Oregon spearfishing

Thanks Brian...

I PM'd you about diving and I'll hit you up if I plan any future dives. As you probably already know, it depends on the wind and weather. I've found a few weather sites and a couple of local cam sites so I usually do a check in the morning to see what things are looking like. I'm also only a couple miles from the beach so if it looks promising I can take a run down and check it out.

Have a great day!
Dennis
Old 05-30-2016, 06:39 PM   #122
mrkill

im stationed in so cal, but ill be bringing my gear with up to Oregon next week, will be in Florence for week or so, going to go out to the jetty and look for crabs or rockfish. would love to meet up with some PNW SpearOs! Cheers!
mrkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:46 PM   #123
Mermaid
Alexa

Hi PNW spearos/as! I finally got my wetsuit, went with the Mako women's 7mm in a small and it fits great ... only a little high up on my ankles, but I think I'll live.
I'm in the market for a smaller speargun, something like a Riffe Euro 55. I figured I'd post on here before I bought a new gun to both get suggestions and see if anyone has a small gun they don't use and are interested in selling. I'd rather shell out for something new then get a total POS that will break ... but if you have one that's in good shape let me know!
Old 06-04-2016, 01:59 PM   #124
quattroluvr
Leigh

Send a message via Skype™ to quattroluvr

Hi Mermaid,
sometimes new is worth it. See my thread in guns section on the riffe euro 55, customized a bit for NW hole hunting.
quattroluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:11 PM   #125
mrkill

I posted a separate thread earlier, but I'll be in florence this coming week, if anyone is around that area and wants to go freedive/spear/crab gather? Otherwise I'm gonna be in the water near the stairs on the north side of the jetty. Have a good weekend everyone.
Travis
mrkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #126
Snyder

Hello all, I am new to Spearboard and am really interested in finding some pnw (southern oregon)spearos to maybe do a day trip with to brookings or somewhere close by. I've been pole spearfishing the north and south Umpqua rivers for non gamefish for the last 15 odd years, and I want to mix it up. I'll be flying into Medford and will be available July 2nd - July 13th. I'm active duty Navy Diver stationed in CT at the moment.
Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:00 AM   #127
Liveclean

Trying to plan some trips to the coast now that I am settling in Bend. Anyone based near Newport or Brookings? Those are my usual destinations. I have a boat if it is calm enough and really want to hit the tuna when they come through. Anyone keeping an eye on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Liveclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #128
brianallen

I live in coos bay and last year the tuna peeked around mid august.
brianallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #129
Liveclean

Keep me posted as it is developing so when its hot we can book. August is a great month for me. I need pretty calm seas with my Rig, but it does 55, so covering a lot water can be done quickly as well as getting in quickly if weather arises. I can take 6. I have extra big water guns to if we want to put a crew together!
Liveclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:33 AM   #130
cchen
Cliff

Tuna have already arrived (very early) for this year!! If you see a good ocean window, you should take it!! Tuna have been caught out of Garibaldi and Newport already this year. Good luck out there!!!
cchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:57 AM   #131
JimmyCarlBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liveclean View Post
Trying to plan some trips to the coast now that I am settling in Bend. Anyone based near Newport or Brookings? Those are my usual destinations. I have a boat if it is calm enough and really want to hit the tuna when they come through. Anyone keeping an eye on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in Newport. I work 3 days a week.
JimmyCarlBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #132
SasquatchRecon

hello there! been trying to sign up and log in so I could respond to this post. First of all, thank all of you who have served our great country! I live out on the coast and have some time on Monday and Friday mornings from 9am-1pm(daycare hooray!) Would be stoked to scuba or free dive from Pacific City to Newport, fishing or just rec diving. I am pretty fearless, but not super experienced hunting in the watery realm.
SasquatchRecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:50 AM   #133
Polespearo1

Are any of you guys still using this thread? I am moving to the Dalles and will be looking for free dive/scuba buddies. I'm 22, but have 10 years of diving experience. I have spent a lot of time diving Northern Cal as well as the Baja and Central America. Looking for suggested places along the coast to see some nice lings and abs.
Polespearo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #134
Darmes
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polespearo1 View Post
Are any of you guys still using this thread? I am moving to the Dalles and will be looking for free dive/scuba buddies. I'm 22, but have 10 years of diving experience. I have spent a lot of time diving Northern Cal as well as the Baja and Central America. Looking for suggested places along the coast to see some nice lings and abs.
Hey man! I haven't logged in forever, but saw your post and I'm from The Dalles. You should be able to find some big carp in the river when you are itching to shoot some fish.
@the_oregon_freedive_co
oregonfreediving.com
freediveoregon@gmail.com
Darmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #135
sava6e

I just went out to pac city the other week and had good vis, etc had a good day! hit up barview Friday and again had a good day. I am always trying to get out and dive. im in clackamas
sava6e is offline   Reply With Quote