Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 10-16-2019, 03:02 PM   #1
kingfishr

Send a message via AIM to kingfishr
Mayport Vis report

I know its a long shot but has anyone been out in the last few weeks. Friday is looking good. I'll post a report when we get back.
kingfishr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #2
troutdiggler

Re: Mayport Vis report

30ft Vis in 120-130FSW
troutdiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:59 AM   #3
kingfishr

Send a message via AIM to kingfishr

thanks for the report. Only about 5 feet of vis inshore. Ended up just bottom fishing for the day. It must have been a total fluke or my superb fishing skills that we caught 50+ of the elusive ARS. We kept having to move to try and catch a different species. I believe their over population now is having a negative effect on our reefs. We do not catch the grunts and black sea bass like we used to. Fishing has gone from catching nothing but the small bait robbers to nothing but 10 pound plus Snapper. I wish some common sense regulations would be considered.
kingfishr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:31 PM   #4
Reef Raider II

Kingfisher, how far did you make it offshore? I certainly share your concerns with the over population of ARS; we have two commercial boats targeting b-liners at this time, we are having to go to 140ft or better trying to get away from them. I believe they are more a concern than Lion fish now.

Vic
Reef Raider II is offline   Reply With Quote