Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2007 Tournament Archives > 2007 TBSC Winter Invitational Spearfishing Tournament

2007 TBSC Winter Invitational Spearfishing Tournament The first annual “TBSC Winter Invitational Spearfishing Tournament” is scheduled for March 24, 2007 at the Ft. Desoto Boat Ramp in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
Grauer
warped perspective

TBSC Winter Invitational 2007

Announcing the 1st Annual TBSC Winter Invitational
Dates and Additional Info can be found at

www.TampaBaySpearfishingClub.org

The 20 ton whale shark has entered the room! 2007 St. Pete Open! August 17, 18, and 19! Enter Now!
www.StPeteOpen.com
Grauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
Grauer
warped perspective

Re: TBSC Winter Invitational 2007

Early Registration ends March 2, 2007. Registrations must be post marked or hand delivered to Aquatic Obsessions.

Aquatic Obsessions
6193 Central Ave
St. Petersburg, Fl
727-344-Dive(3483)

The 20 ton whale shark has entered the room! 2007 St. Pete Open! August 17, 18, and 19! Enter Now!
www.StPeteOpen.com
Old 02-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
jeepshapes
right coast represent

damn. you pull all the hobbit love. another sign of moderators keeping the little man down everyone should come shoot as it will be a fun event and good warm up for the wcc.

www.theshadowconspiracy.com

www.vestalwatch.com
jeepshapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Grauer
warped perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepshapes
damn. you pull all the hobbit love. another sign of moderators keeping the little man down everyone should come shoot as it will be a fun event and good warm up for the wcc.
I pulled the thread cause it got way off topic, not a mod

We have many that have alread preregistered
So who all are plannning on competing? And what is your goal big fish or Aggregate? Step up and start talking smack ladies

www.StPeteOpen.com
Old 02-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
bgbill

Mike Weinard (The Collector) and I are in, we are looking forward to the tournament, it should be a lot of fun.

Just don't forget the beer.
bgbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
fishnshoot
Bottom Waits

Myself (Bruce), Joshua (kin folk), Matt Smith (good friend), and Brian Mitchell from TBSC are in on my boat. There are two or three other friends of mine who said they would shoot in the tourney as well. We're signing up today at the shop. Its been about 1.5 months sinch I've been spearing, Im killing anything legal that moves. Look foward to seeing everyone there.
FSDA
fishnshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #7
Nsearch

Nice work fishnshoot. Our boat is full with Trey, me, and 2 friends of ours from the east coast. Grauer, if we end up diving the same spot am I going to have to collect your fish for you again??
Old 03-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
Nsearch

Just FYI, tomorrow is the last day to have your Early Registrations postmarked. Early Registration is $50 and Late Registration is $70. Late registration starts at 7:00pm on March 16th and is over at 8:30pm. This is the only date and time for Late Registration. This Late Registration will be held at: Aquatic Obsessions Scuba, 6193 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, Florida 33710.

Thanks to all those who have already sent in their Early Registrations!!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #9
Spearchucker

Hey Chris,

Your rules are a little ambiguous. You say that it is a mandatory diver check in, then go on to mention that only one person from each boat has to be there. Can one person check in the whole boat? The reason I ask is that I have an event at my sons school friday night and cannot attend the Captains meeting. I can, however, have Ritchie check our boat in. If I absolutely have to be there, then I will probably just have the other three guys enter, and I will not enter and just be driver for the day.
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
Nsearch

John,

Only one person from your boat needs to attend the mandatory diver check in (Captain's Meeting). Thanks for your participation and the best of luck to you guys

Bryan
Old 03-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #11
jeepshapes
right coast represent

sorry john. chris likes to keep the rules like his lifestyle

www.theshadowconspiracy.com

www.vestalwatch.com
jeepshapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:45 AM   #12
hogsniper
Howie Scarboro

Send a message via Yahoo to hogsniper Send a message via Skype™ to hogsniper

Great job Chris and Brian keeping on top of this tournament. It looks like we ended up with about 60 pre-registrations. Hardman and some of the other club members have done an awesome job of securing some great new sponsers and a couple thousand dollars in prizes that will be awarded by diver mystery tickets. The trophies look great too. This is the best priced tournament of the year with a free t-shirt, lots of prizes, and plenty of trophies. It is great to see people from all clubs planning to compete. This is a no-bitching-no-drama-no bs tournament, so lift up your skirt, grab your balls and come have fun.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #13
hogsniper
Howie Scarboro

Send a message via Yahoo to hogsniper Send a message via Skype™ to hogsniper

John,
Call me if you need to have someone check your boat in Friday. I will handle it. If anyone else has an issue, call me as well at 727-224-8819-Howie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearchucker
Hey Chris,

Your rules are a little ambiguous. You say that it is a mandatory diver check in, then go on to mention that only one person from each boat has to be there. Can one person check in the whole boat? The reason I ask is that I have an event at my sons school friday night and cannot attend the Captains meeting. I can, however, have Ritchie check our boat in. If I absolutely have to be there, then I will probably just have the other three guys enter, and I will not enter and just be driver for the day.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:49 PM   #14
Grauer
warped perspective

If a decision to call off the tournament due to bad weather is made it will be announced here on Spearboard Friday afternoon 12pm 3/16/07 . Or you can call Aquatic Obsession 727-344-DIVE(3483) after 12pm.

If the it is canceled, the Capt meeting and tournament will be moved to the rain dates of Friday 3/23/07 and Saturday 3/24/07

www.StPeteOpen.com
Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #15
Nsearch

TBSC Notice – Thursday March 15, 2007 (1301 hours)

Due to the most current weather predictions for this Saturday with winds just under Small Craft Advisories and the propensity for Saturday’s winds to generate Small Craft Warnings, the Tampa Bay Spearfishing Club is moving the 2007 TBSC Winter Invitational to the Original Rain Date and implementing the Original Alternate Rain Date. The Rain Date is next weekend, March 23 and 24, 2007. The times and locations are the same. The Diver’s Check In, Late Registration & Captain’s Meeting will be on Friday March23 and the tournament diving, weigh-in and awards will be on Saturday March 24, 2007. The Alternate Rain Date is scheduled for March 30 and 31, 2007. The Alternate Rain Date is available only if the tournament cannot be held on March 23 & 24, 2007. We thank all spearfishermen for their patience in this matter. Weather is always the final hurdle in off-shore or near-shore diving. We are glad that the initial turn out and interest in this tournament is so high. We have collected just under $10, 000 of bonus prizes to give out to participants of this tournament. And we are very happy that so many divers have stepped up to participate in an event that helps to add financial support to “Diver’s Rights” and the FRA.

Dive Smart, Dive Safe,
Bill Hardman, TBSC Vice President