Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 04-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

Rob Allen Carbon Fiber Barrels

Does anyone have a lead on where I can buy a RA carbon fiber barrel? I emailed RobAllendiving.com but I have not had any response. Thanks in advance.
Jolinedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:10 PM   #2
popgun pete

Re: Rob Allen Carbon Fiber Barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolinedaniel View Post
Does anyone have a lead on where I can buy a RA carbon fiber barrel? I emailed RobAllendiving.com but I have not had any response. Thanks in advance.
https://www.divein2scuba.com/rob-all...re-barrel.html
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:34 PM   #3
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
I did see that one but I've been told by a few shop owners that they are massively marking the price up on it. 430 bucks for a 110 barrel is insane
Old 04-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #4
popgun pete

Quote:
I did see that one but I've been told by a few shop owners that they are massively marking the price up on it. 430 bucks for a 110 barrel is insane
My thoughts exactly, yet they say 18% off the normal price! A whole gun could be purchased for that, although maybe not the Rob Allen, but it would be easy to check. Also note that may be in Aussie dollars which are about 70 cents US, so that is 399 x 0.70 which comes to about 280 which is a lot less than 430. Geelong is a city south west of Melbourne, the state capital city of Victoria, Australia.

Now I checked to see what a gun cost https://spearfishing.com.au/products...rbon-railgun-1 and that is 660 bucks which is USD 462 .

What length barrel are you after, actually now I see you said 110 in the last post.

Now the price is 430 AUD which is 301 USD, compare that with USD 462 for the entire gun.

Last edited by popgun pete; 04-05-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:32 PM   #5
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
My thoughts exactly, yet they say 18% off the normal price! A whole gun could be purchased for that, although maybe not the Rob Allen, but it would be easy to check. Also note that may be in Aussie dollars which are about 70 cents US, so that is 399 x 0.70 which comes to about 280 which is a lot less than 430. Geelong is a city south west of Melbourne, the state capital city of Victoria, Australia.

Now I checked to see what a gun cost https://spearfishing.com.au/products...rbon-railgun-1 and that is 660 bucks which is USD 462 .

What length barrel are you after, actually now I see you said 110 in the last post.

Now the price is 430 AUD which is 301 USD, compare that with USD 462 for the entire gun.
Yea, the price just doesn’t seem to make sense. I’m going to see if any US suppliers can make an order from Rob Allen.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:28 AM   #6
Rob Allen
Sponsor

Try Freedive Shop sales@freediveshop.com
Old 04-08-2019, 11:02 PM   #7
svivian

Does it have to be a rob Allen barrel? Or do you just prefer them over others you have researched?
svivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:07 PM   #8
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by svivian View Post
Does it have to be a rob Allen barrel? Or do you just prefer them over others you have researched?
I would prefer a RA barrel since I’ve seen the money and effort they’ve put into the production of them.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:21 PM   #9
svivian

Quote:
I would prefer a RA barrel since I’ve seen the money and effort they’ve put into the production of them.
I gotcha. Nautilus makes what seems to be a decent barrel for a reasonable price. I ordered a carbon barrel from one breath diving in aus that left a bit to be desired but worked fine for a 90cm gun. My next build I will be ordering the carbon cuttlefish barrel from benthic ocean sports. Seems to be the best carbon barrel I can find easily accessible.
svivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:37 PM   #10
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by svivian View Post
I gotcha. Nautilus makes what seems to be a decent barrel for a reasonable price. I ordered a carbon barrel from one breath diving in aus that left a bit to be desired but worked fine for a 90cm gun. My next build I will be ordering the carbon cuttlefish barrel from benthic ocean sports. Seems to be the best carbon barrel I can find easily accessible.
Yea, the ones from Nautilus seem nice but don’t work for RA. It’s crazy how hard it’s been to give Rob Allen my money haha
Old 04-09-2019, 04:57 AM   #11
Rob Allen
Sponsor

Hi Jolinedaniel,

Has our distributor come back to you yet?
Re spear diameter and rollers. We found the 7mm is best with a 14mm band and the 7,5mm best with a 16mm band.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:11 AM   #12
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
Hi Jolinedaniel,

Has our distributor come back to you yet?
Re spear diameter and rollers. We found the 7mm is best with a 14mm band and the 7,5mm best with a 16mm band.

They actually just did this morning. In talks as we speak. Thank you! That makes sense about the shaft diameter

Last edited by Jolinedaniel; 04-09-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:13 PM   #13
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

For anyone wondering the carbon barrels are special order and for a 110cm are 329 for black carbon and 429 for the custom painted ones
Old 04-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #14
popgun pete

Quote:
For anyone wondering the carbon barrels are special order and for a 110cm are 329 for black carbon and 429 for the custom painted ones
So the Aussie price was reasonable of 301 plus shipping for what was a painted barrel. Shipping would not be a lot on a bare barrel as it is a long skinny package and would most likely come in a tube as I have bought barrels that length.
https://www.divein2scuba.com/shipping-delivery.html

Evidently spelling is not their strong point!

Last edited by popgun pete; 04-09-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #15
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

[quote=popgun pete;2184951]So the Aussie price was reasonable of 301 plus shipping for what was a painted barrel. Shipping would not be a lot on a bare barrel as it is a long skinny package and would most likely come in a tube as I have bought barrels that length.

Yea, I guess it wasn't too crazy. The guys at Freedive Shop had a Rob Allen 110 carbon wahoo that they are taking apart and selling me the barrel from. Should be a sick gun when I get it!