Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 06-24-2018, 01:04 AM   #136
spearq8

Re: Pathos roller kit ... to roll or not to roll!

You always want a flopper toggled on the other side of the fish before you try to handle it.

As for the power of 82cm gun, I was actually quite surprised at how much power I was able to get. Power and accuracy tend to go together as when shaft flight is stable, the shaft sheds very little velocity and will hit much harder as all the energy behind the shaft is concentrated at one very small point. If the shaft oscillates it will quickly shed velocity and will hit your target at an angle ... so not good penetration and no accuracy. For the smaller shaft diameters, by far the best performance is the smaller ID bands at around 13.7 to 14mm. Of course I had seen all this in my pool test a few years back, but it was nice to see that all the pool tests confirmed in actual hunting conditions. This gun with 2 x 14mm setup, actually passed the King Mackerel penetration test @ 5 meters. I remember testing many long guns many years back, some with 3 x 16 bands ... and they would not be able to pass the KM test at 6 meters. Sure this is 1m less and at 5 meters and they would have probably passed at this distance ... but remember this is an 82cm gun!!! Performance and accuracy that is possible out of a given speargun size has changed dramatically!
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:01 PM   #137
Behslayer

Re: Pathos roller kit ... to roll or not to roll!

Nice shootin and soundtrack
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote