Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
MATTNEW2SPEAR22

Custom gear/speargun parts

Hi guys as I said I am new to this site and am still learning every day on this awesome sport. I own a small CNC (mill) machine shop. I can make a very wide range of components out of aluminum, stainless steel, brass, plastic etc. Very rarely do I make things just for fun any more. That being said I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or need a custom part for dive gear or spear gun or other. I can make extremely high precision stuff if need be for fit and function. If anyone has any ideas let me know(drawing with dimensions would help). I am not looking to make money on this, just looking for a project to do that would be fun to take part of. I have quite a bit of leftover material from jobs I've done over the years so there wouldn't even be a material cost for me. If anyone has any ideas hit me up and hopefully it will be a doable project that can be shared on the forum so everyone can be involved. Wasn't really sure where to put this post so I put it on general and also on DIY threads. If anyone can set me strait on where to put posts like this in the future that'd be cool too.
MATTNEW2SPEAR22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #2
agbiv
Spear, cook, and eat fish

Re: Custom gear/speargun parts

I don't have a project but very cool of you!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #3
Squidhead

I agree, very generous. Good Karma!
Squidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:54 PM   #4
Yiannis
DEEP...DEEP…DEEPER

That is very generous of you!

I do not have any drawings, but I was thinking that it would be great if someone could build a gopro mount for spearguns that could snap down using some sort of a hinge that could positively get fixed at 0 and -90 degrees. That would make for a much easier band loading.

I hope that makes sense...
Yiannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #5
Narced_up

Matt you are both an officer and a gentlemen.
Welcome !
Narced_up is offline   Reply With Quote