Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2018, 10:02 PM   #16
mepps1
Registered User
 
mepps1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gillette, WY
Age: 42
Posts: 6,404
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

El Athenian,

You really should save the trouble. Your view on many of these things will change after you hit puberty.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:51 AM   #17
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help
 
riplipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fleming Isle/Jax
Posts: 4,408
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

He consistently broad strokes everything. Masculine men cannot have or show emotions and suffer from the inability to have sympathy or empathy...

Obviously he will never have the chance to prove himself wrong.
__________________
If it was legal to shoot the stupid, the boat ramp would be a slaughter house.

Last edited by riplipper; 04-10-2018 at 06:41 AM.
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:53 AM   #18
El_Mero28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 382
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
He consistently broad strokes everything. Masculine men cannot have or show emotions and suffer from the inability to have sympathy or empathy...

Obviously he will never have the chance to prove himself wrong.
no no no i was very specific.

toxic: it is not okay for boys to feel scared or sad or embarrassed or vulnerable or ashamed. "don't cry man up"

Boys are not encouraged to learn and identify what is going on for them internally and to develop self-awareness and emotional intelligence. they are encouraged to "man up" instead.

Boys are not encouraged to seek help and support if they are struggling, whether this is from their peers, family, teachers, coaches, mentors or a psychologist or counsellor. they are encouraged to "man up" instead.

it is seen as a sign of weakness to be emotional or seek help when things are challenging.



Healthy:
working out
fishing
building fixing things
etc.... but not all that "man up" BS we feed our little boys.


very very specific. not broad at all. narrowing it down for you so you don't have to.
El_Mero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:17 AM   #19
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help
 
riplipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fleming Isle/Jax
Posts: 4,408
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mero28 View Post
Healthy:
working out
fishing
building fixing things
etc.... but not all that "man up" BS we feed our little boys.

very very specific. not broad at all. narrowing it down for you so you don't have to.
Here is a specific.....Who the F**K is "we" you mention above. You are not a parent....Most of us are.....Just who do you think you are coming on here and accusing ANY one of us of this kind of bullshit parenting and bullying???

This is your academic bullshit brainwashing that ALL men talk to their children like this.....Again, your all inclusive accusations again make you a F**king idiot.
__________________
If it was legal to shoot the stupid, the boat ramp would be a slaughter house.
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #20
El_Mero28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 382
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
Here is a specific.....Who the F**K is "we" you mention above. You are not a parent....Most of us are.....Just who do you think you are coming on here and accusing ANY one of us of this kind of bullshit parenting and bullying???

This is your academic bullshit brainwashing that ALL men talk to their children like this.....Again, your all inclusive accusations again make you a F**king idiot.
hell yea. you are definitely the kind of person that told your son "man up" "men don't cry"

there is a 99% correlation with people with your political views and teaching small boys to oppress their emotions.
i defiantly don't think all men do, i defiantly won't.

Im not simply accusing, I'm providing evidence. the kind of people who fear "pussification" whatever the hell that means are the kind of people who do that to young boys.

no assumption here man. 0% to do with your penis 100% to do with your personal beliefs, there is a minute chance you didn't tell these things to your chid when he was young. but that % is so low, its difficult to even entertain it.
El_Mero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #21
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help
 
riplipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fleming Isle/Jax
Posts: 4,408
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

Please show us that study.......or is that just another all inclusive piece of dribble from you?
__________________
If it was legal to shoot the stupid, the boat ramp would be a slaughter house.
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:34 AM   #22
El_Mero28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 382
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
Please show us that study.......or is that just another all inclusive piece of dribble from you?
obviously an exaggeration. yes personal experience.

but please tell me, you never told your boy "come on man up"


or when he was crying "be tough, men don't cry"

are you really telling me you never told your child this?

i find this hard to believe, to say the least.
El_Mero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #23
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help
 
riplipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fleming Isle/Jax
Posts: 4,408
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

And now you are slinging mud just like a defeated little child....maybe, just maybe, you need to just grow up a little. Notice I didn't say man up..... that might make you go shoot a bunch of people.
__________________
If it was legal to shoot the stupid, the boat ramp would be a slaughter house.
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #24
El_Mero28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 382
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

so whats your point?

other than slinging insult my way.
El_Mero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #25
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help
 
riplipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fleming Isle/Jax
Posts: 4,408
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mero28 View Post
obviously an exaggeration. yes personal experience.

but please tell me, you never told your boy "come on man up"


or when he was crying "be tough, men don't cry"

are you really telling me you never told your child this?

i find this hard to believe, to say the least.
Nope, never did. But maybe I am not a "toxic" kind of guy.
__________________
If it was legal to shoot the stupid, the boat ramp would be a slaughter house.
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #26
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help
 
riplipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fleming Isle/Jax
Posts: 4,408
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

I cant help it if your father was an asshole to you since you mention personal experience.
That does not correlate to 99% of any group or any of us acting that way. Neither does it have any correlation whatsoever to any voting block either.

Your made up bullshit has run its course. You have zero credibility. Your ignorance can be blamed on your inexperience in life. Your accusatory attitude toward others with different views is just an internal flaw that you need help figuring out. Good luck with that.
__________________
If it was legal to shoot the stupid, the boat ramp would be a slaughter house.
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #27
El_Mero28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 382
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
Nope, never did. But maybe I am not a "toxic" kind of guy.
i do not believe you, I'm sorry. because if you didn't do these things the we don't disagree.

then that means we agree on the healthy aspects of masculinity and the toxic ones.

that means you agree with me, if you don't say that to your children then. so why are you even saying I'm wrong, if you in fact raised your children in the way i am advocating.

that make absolutely 0% sense.


clearly you seem to believe i am wrong in some way or another, yet you just said that you in fact raised your children the way i am advocating for..... so how can i be wrong???



maybe your so divided with hate that you insult someone you agree with, just for the sake of insulting a "liberal"

this is the only aspect of masculinity i have a problem with, and you just said you raised your children in the manner i am advocating.


that means we agree

Last edited by El_Mero28; 04-10-2018 at 10:58 AM.
El_Mero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #28
fitz
Registered User
 
fitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SD
Posts: 2,728
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

Is Toxic Masculinity a Valid Concept?

On the dangers of pathologizing manhood
Posted Mar 08, 2018


Source: Nationaal Archief/Wikipedia
The two fundamental objectives in the evolutionary game of life are to first survive (natural selection) and then to mate (sexual selection). For sexually reproducing species, including humans, evolution has endowed males and females with universal mating preferences that map onto sex-specific recurring challenges faced by each sex during our evolutionary history.

Female fiddler crabs and hens prefer males with extravagantly large claws and tails respectively. Ewes (female rams) will mate with the ram that wins the brutal intrasexual head-butting contest. They reward targeted aggression by granting sexual access. Needless to say, there are innumerable other examples of sexual selection that I might describe, but I suspect that you get the general gist. Are rams exhibiting toxic masculinity? Are female fiddler crabs succumbing to antiquated notions of masculinity as promulgated by the crab patriarchy?

Let’s now apply the exact same evolutionary process (sexual selection) to humans. Evolutionary psychologists have documented universal patterns of mating preferences that are invariant across time and place. In no culture ever studied have women repeatedly preferred to mate with pear-shaped, low-status, tepid men possessing high-pitched, nasal voices. In no documented culture do women’s sexual fantasies revolve around granting sexual access to unemployed, unambitious men who occupy the lowest stratum of the social hierarchy. Instead, women are attracted to “toxic masculine” male phenotypes that correlate with testosterone, and they are desirous of men who are socially dominant, who are strategically risk-taking in their behaviors, and who exhibit patterns of behaviors that will allow them to ascend the social hierarchy and defend their positions from encroachers. Of course this does not imply that women are not attracted to intelligent, sensitive, kind, warm, and compassionate men. The ideal man is rugged and sensitive; masculine and caring; aggressive in some pursuits and gentle in others. Think of the male archetype in romance novels, which is a literary form almost exclusively read by women. He is a tall prince and a neurosurgeon. He is a risk-taker who wrestles alligators and subdues them on his six-pack abs, and yet is sensitive enough to be tamed by the love of a good woman. This archetype is universally found in romance novels read by women in Egypt, Japan, and Bolivia, precisely because it caters to women’s universal evolved sexual fantasies. When engaging in sexual role-playing in the bedroom, few women ask that their male partners wear their Google C++ programmer uniform. They ask for the fireman suit to make its presence. James Bond, the epitome of “toxic masculinity,” does not cry at Taylor Swift concerts. His archetype is desired by women and envied by men.

The inimitable equity feminist Christina Hoff Sommers wrote a book back in 2001 titled The War Against Boys: How Misguided Feminism Is Harming Our Young Men (see our chat on my show THE SAAD TRUTH_144 (link is external)). How prescient she was! There has been a relentless ideological attack on masculinity, stemming from radical feminism, the most recent example of which is the bogus term “toxic masculinity.” It literally seeks to pathologize masculinity in ways that are profoundly harmful to the existential sense of self of young men. If a man witnesses a woman being attacked on the street, should he intervene? Well, according to the bogus feminist notion of benevolent sexism, it might be best to look away (see THE SAAD TRUTH_38 (link is external)). Male saviors are likely oozing toxic masculinity! I should add that male criminals are not exhibiting “toxic masculinity” any more than female adulterers are exhibiting “diabolical femininity.”

The great majority of men are attracted to feminine women who do not possess the body type of Michael Phelps. Beyoncé is desired not because of her “diabolical femininity,” but simply because of her femininity. Similarly, most of the traits and behaviors that are likely found under the rubric of “toxic masculinity” are precisely those that most women find attractive in an ideal mate! This is not a manifestation of “antiquated stereotypes.” It is a reality that is as trivially obvious as the existence of gravity, and no amount of campus brainwashing will ever alter these facts. Let us stop pathologizing masculinity. Instead, let us appreciate the endless ways by which men and women are similar to one another, as well as the important ways in which the two sexes differ.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-valid-concept
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #29
El_Mero28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 382
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

hey fitz i know you like to distract people with propaganda, but we are specifically talking about raising children to be non-toxic males.


so riplipper, stay on topic.
El_Mero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:13 AM   #30
fitz
Registered User
 
fitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SD
Posts: 2,728
Re: An example of the Athenian argument rebuttal debate from

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mero28 View Post
hey fitz i know you like to distract people with propaganda, but we are specifically talking about raising children to be non-toxic males.


so riplipper, stay on topic.
That is rich, Athenian.
Good to have some background on the subject.
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com