Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #61
MelbourneMark

Re: Immersion freediving review

Here is a write up that my wife did:

What would you do if you were spearfishing and after surfacing from a dive your best friend or wife or son went into a set of convulsions and blacked out at the surface? Would you even see them go unconscious or would you be too busy following a school of fish? These were questions I had to ask myself about my greatest spearfishing partner, my husband. Less than half my husband’s size, after taking Ted Harty’s freediving course, I am confident that I could revive him by myself in the roughest of seas. Safety procedures are not a formality in this course, they are directly linked to diving performance and success as a freediver. Ted’s teaching was fast-paced and engaging. Each day he ensured that maximum time was devoted to both rescue procedures and improving diving performance. I could not have asked for a more efficient or well-balanced course.

Interested in my increase in performance? I am a freediving novice and after 30 minutes in the pool with Ted, I achieved my latest and greatest free-diving accomplishment, an increase from a frantic and painful 1:45 breath hold to a relaxed 3:30 minute breath hold – the class maximum! Ted is more than a face in a sea of instructors that you would find in other freediving organizations, he is more like a personalized coach. With a class maximum of 5 people, I constantly received his full attention and one-on-one instruction. Most notably, (between 2 skype sessions and the course) Ted had spent upwards of 5 hours alone with me teaching the switch from valsalva to frenzel equalization. Ted truly cares about my diving success, even now that the course has finished. If you are considering taking a free-diving course, Immersion Freediving should be your only choice. The course was incredibly fun, rocketed my performance, and was worth every penny.

Finally, I dare you to look-up a video of two potential consequences of breath holding: loss of motor control and shallow water blackout, then I challenge you to look-up Immersion Freediving and see what you’re missing.
MelbourneMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #62
MeTo

I agree, I took his course a few years ago and would take it again. He just gets it! I loved the small class size and private boat.
MeTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #63
ledzfilter

Hello All,

I can happily attest to the quality of Ted Harty's freediving courses in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm 30 years old, live in Wilmington, DE and have taken both Ted's entry and intermediate courses very recently (March and July 2013, respectively). My previous experience with diving and apnea included: open water diver w/nitrox cert. and 50+ dives, countless snorkel trips to reefs at 20ft or less and a lot of dynamic apnea work in local pools. After talking with Ted on the phone before registering and explaining that I could hold my breath for 2:30 and swim 150 ft w/o fins comfortably already, he recommended that I take the beginner's class. After all, he said the price is significantly cheaper, and who knew if I'd be able to equalize at greater depths via Frenzel instead of Valsalva since I had the comfort of a scuba tank before. So, right off the bat this guy's looking to save me a few bucks. Luckily, Frenzel was my natural method of equalizing, and I was able to hit all depths during the beginner's course. Still, it was a lot of work to learn proper entry, breathe-up techniques, and all the necessary safety and rescue maneuvers. Freediving has a lot going on! I had no idea. Not to mention countless helpful hints and clarifications on various freediving topics including fins, breathing and training – all coming from a certified professional and elite competitor. Ted knows his stuff, and you'll have the opportunity to soak up as much info as your brain will allow.

After getting a real taste for freediving in March, I knew I'd be back. I signed up for his course schedule updates, and found myself signing up for the intermediate class a few months later. Today, I'm a few days removed from holding my breath for 5:00 and hitting 115 ft. on one breath! Couldn't even say that I've been that deep with a scuba tank on my back. Ted's classes are amazing, and if you're looking to find your limits, he's the guy to do it with. The small class structure is great, and I lucked out in that all the other students were great during both courses. Everyone takes it seriously, but has a great time doing it. The boat trips are fun, and Ted is with you every step of the way keeping you safe, and telling what you did and didn't do right. For example, don't beat yourself up if you keep forgetting to remove your snorkel! It happens, and Ted had a hard time breaking the habit, too. But, once you realize that you're only saving a second or two by rushing through the process, you learn to slow down and focus on doing each individual step right.

If I didn't live in Delaware, I'd be buying a gun and taking up spearfishing this weekend. Alas, the waters aren't as clear this far North and I don't have a boat. But, at least now I have an idea of what my limits are, and had a blast finding out.

If anyone wants some more info, feel free to email me at ledzfilter at gmail. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions about my experience in either class.

Sincerely,

Brett McDowell
ledzfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #64
Freediver105

In August 2013, I took Ted Harty’s Immersion Freediving PFI 4-day Intermediate Course, and what I learned has completely revolutionized the way I dive. As a spearfisherman, the main thought in my mind was to get the biggest fish I could get, no matter the means. This meant that I was severly overweighted (14lbs in a 3mm wetsuit, just plain dumb), did not take the proper time to breath up at the surface, and safety almost had no place in my mind. Ted taught me that this method of diving was unsafe, wrong, and that it was actually limiting my diving capabilities.

From that moment on I decided to take every technique that Ted taught to us to heart. These techniques consisted of the correct method to breath up at the surface, how to train your lungs, proper entry, proper kick cycles, proper form in the water and much more. I went into the class with a breath hold of 3 minutes and a maximum depth of 71ft. I struggled to achieve those personal bests and I never imagined that I would surpass them with such ease. By the 2nd pool session in Ted’s class, I had achieved a breath hold of 5 minutes and 15 seconds. By the 2nd ocean session, I had achieved a max depth of 103 feet! Both of my records shattered with two days of training. Not only did I shatter my records, but also I felt better at 103 feet than I did using my normal diving routine at 50 feet. I still cannot get over how much technique matters in this sport.

Ted was a great instructor because he had the patience to work through all the problems and was there to help out whenever needed and to provide support before, during, and after each dive. Before we even had the class, he set up a skype session to ensure that I was properly equalizing and describe the layout of the course. The organization within this course was top notch. Ted was always ready on time, even if that meant picking me up from the hotel before class. Since Ted uses his own boat for the course with a certified captain on board, there was no rush to get on the boat. The information on safety that Ted provides is insane! I never really thought about how dangerous free diving could be, but after this course I am fully aware of the dangers and now have the capable tools to best deal with those scenarios! Overall, this course was one of the best things that happened to my recreational diving. Nothing beats hitting the sink phase of your dive and jetting down to the plate w/o kicking your legs. Nothing.

I would recommend this course to anyone interested in diving longer, deeper, and more importantly, safer.

-Mata
Freediver105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #65
brussell_32

Ted’s class was awesome. I took the 4 day intermediate class. It was intense and provided a ton of information. However the information was repeated enough for you to absorb all the material. The class training was again reinforced in the pool and in the ocean.

I’ve been freediving and spearfishing for a few years. I was self-taught using pieces of conflicting information from other divers and the internet. This resulted in never getting much better at freediving and not being very safe. This class changed that, big time. I now have a very specific set of skills that I can practice over and over so I no longer over think what I’m doing and can focus on the dive or the hunt.

When I started the class my PR was 50’ and by the end my PR was 115’.

Lastly, Ted is all about safety and this is one of the biggest reasons I took the course. I was never sure if I was being safe when I was diving or if I was rolling the dice. This class definitely provided the information and safe diving practices I was looking for.

Thanks Ted,

Brian Russell
brussell_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #66
ImmersionFD
Sponsor

Mata,

Here are some of the pictures of you from your course, glad you enjoyed it so much.

Immersion Freediving 3 Day PFI Freediving course is the most thorough 66ft course on the market. This course has 7 hours of classroom, two 3 hour pool sessions and two 3 hour in water ocean sessions. Other courses typically have only one pool session and only one ocean session and less classroom time. They are typically 1.5 days or 2 days. I teach all my students how to properly Frenzel via my exclusive Skype equalization sessions before class even starts. Many freediving courses don't even teach this method of equalization until their next level course. Do your research, choose Immersion Freediving Because Every Breath Counts.

Typical course schedule
Friday
Classroom 12-7
Saturday
Pool 9-12 Ocean 1:30 - 7:00
Sunday
Pool 9-12 Ocean 1:30 - 7:00

Immersion Freediving 4 Day PFI Intermediate Freediving course will change the way you dive forever. Unlike other courses on the market, all of my courses max out at 5 students . As a competitive freediver who has dove to 280ft, I fully understand the techniques we use to dive deeper. Is competitive freediving the same as spearfishing? Or course not, but what if you learned to apply those techniques to your spearfishing? The average student does a 4-5 minute breath hold and a 100ft freedive. Learn procedures for safe freediving and how to apply them to your spearfishing. Do your research, choose Immersion Freediving, Because Every Breath Counts.

Typical course schedule
Thursday
Classroom 8 - 3 Pool 3:30 - 6:30
Friday
Classroom 8-9 Pool 9:30- 12:30 Ocean 2:00 - 7:30
Saturday
Classroom 8-12 Ocean 1:30 - 7:00
Sunday
Ocean from 9:00 - 2:30

My 66ft course typically sells out within 3-5 hour sof me posting the course. My 4 day Intermediate course typically sells out within 1-3 days of posting the course. To be notified via email the second I add new courses sign up for my newsletter at www.Immersionfreediving.com/newsletter I am currently training for an upcoming freediving competition but will resume my normal teaching schedule in November.

More information on my courses can be found at www.Immersionfreeediving.com

Ted Harty
PFI Freediving courses in South Florida.
US Men's Freediving Record Holder
2012 Captain for USA Freediving Team
See courses in action on my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ImmersionFD

Immersion Freediving
Why choose Immersion Freediving
Speargun training sessions
954-324-4444

Last edited by ImmersionFD; 09-09-2013 at 04:34 PM.
ImmersionFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:13 PM   #67
ImmersionFD
Sponsor

Last weekend I had the pleasure of working with Brandon Kissel. He is 15 years old and his family brought him up for the weekend.

For Christmas my wife and I paid for our 15 year old son Brandon to attend the PFI Free diving course offered January 10-12th 2014. Before the class started I had several phone conversations with Instructor Ted Harty who consistently stressed that the course was about free diving safely and how the course would teach our son to recognize different types of emergencies and then perform rescue techniques. The Skype equalizing session before the course had our son well prepared for equalizing using the Frenzel technique in the pool and ocean sessions. The pool sessions had a life guard sitting right over the students supervising as well as Ted in the water giving instruction. When our son got out of the classroom and pool session the first day he couldn’t stop talking about all the wealth of information he learned that day. The second day pool session improved techniques from the first day and added more. During the second day open ocean session my son was able to reach the 50' limit several times. On the third day Brandon continued to work on his technique and was able to reach the course limit of 66'. Brandon then performed several real life based rescue scenarios in which he had to recognize there was a problem and rescue the instructor utilizing the rescue techniques he was taught. For any parent thinking about whether or not enrolling their child into this class our answer would be yes you definitely should, the class sizes are small so the student has plenty of one on one time with the instructor. Ted is the consummate professional who always stressed safety and talked to us after each session about Brandon's progress. I believe Brandon has become a much safer free diver who has the skills to recognize and save someone from a potential life threatening blackout.

Here are some photos from the course.

Ted Harty

Immersion Freediving
954-324-4444
Old 04-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #68
Renzog

Taking a freediving class with Ted was the GREATEST thing I have done for my freediving. I achieved my personal best static breath hold of 5 minutes and was able to freedive over 80 feet. I commercial spearfish with my father and this class made every aspect of freediving a million times easier, Before this class I would freedive very unsafely, overweighted, barely with dive buddies watching me and exceeding my limits to get fish. I've had loss of motor control many many times prior to this course diving on wrecks and deep ledges and I would shrug it off and keep spearfishing. I had no idea what it was, and how I was about two seconds away from a blackout every time I had one. If anyone who freedives cares about their life and wishes to excel and reach their full potential, learn safety, and other knowledge of freediving, take a class with Ted Harty President of Immersion Freediving you will not regret it, it's worth every penny, HE WHO LIVES THE LONGEST CATCHES THE MOST FISH!
These are some mutton snappers i got after taking the class

Renzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #69
bleu
Official Sponsor

I just completed Ted Harty’s Immersion Freediving PFI 4-day Intermediate Course. I was already a fairly safe diver but I had no idea what to really do in the event of a blackout or loss of motor control. Ted’s class is very thorough and the process he uses to teach everything is very effective. The added bonus is I can now dive much deeper and safer than I could before.

I had my own techniques that worked for me and I was a decent diver. I entered Ted’s class with an open mind because I wanted to learn everything he knew. He is a far better diver and has a lot to teach. These techniques consisted of the correct method to breath up at the surface, how to train your lungs, proper entry, kick cycles, form in the water and much more. I went into the class with a breath hold of 3:15 and a maximum depth of 81ft. By the 2nd pool session in Ted’s class, I had achieved a breath hold of 4:06. On the last day I was able to dive 115ft comfortably. Its amazing how changing a lot of small things in my diving has led to such great success.

Ted was a great instructor I found it very easy to learn from him. The way he describes things is simple and he gives you ample one on one time to practice the techniques correctly. I had done the Skype equalizing session a few months ago and it changed my diving drastically. This course has had the same effect on a larger scale. The course is organized very well and it never feels like he throwing to much at you without enough time to practice the procedures. Ted offered to pick the other diver and I up from the hotel before class. This saved us both a ton of money on renting a car. Since Ted uses his own boat for the course with a certified captain on board, there was no rush to get on the boat. The information on safety that Ted provides is insane! I am fully aware of the dangers of freediving and now have the tools to best deal with those scenarios! Overall, this course was one of the best things that happened to my diving and spearing. Nothing beats hitting the sink phase of your dive and jetting down to the plate w/o kicking your legs.

I cant recommend this course enough to any freediver or spearo.

-Sam
bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #70
ImmersionFD
Sponsor

Here is recent view from Bill Kyser founder of special forces training academy based in Fort Lauderdale.

Bill Kyser just finished the Immersion Freediving 4 day PFI Intermediate course. He has a strong military background, fitness trainer since 82 and currently designs training program for military special ops programs through his special forces training academy. He just finished the course and here is his review.

I just finished Ted Harty's Intermediate Freediver Course, and it was one of the most content-rich, empowering, and exhilarating experiences I've ever had.
Being a recreational athlete for over 50 years (I'm 63), I was a little cautious about what risks would exist throughout 3 days of ocean diving (it's a 4 day course), but Ted engineers every risk down to a very manageable level, making each student more comfortable, relaxed, and ready for challenge. Moreover, he encourages you to discover your own comfort level, evaluates your performance and then offers sound strategies, enabling you to make immediate positive corrections.
By adhering to the highest safety standards possible, Ted Harty empowers his students to explore where their true potential lies, and provides constant support in the form of constructive correction and positive reinforcement.
With over 50 years of embracing almost every land, sea, and air based recreational pursuit, I've been through many tech schools, workshops, certification and skills acquisition courses, and Ted Harty's Immersion Freediving Programs are, in my opinion, one of the safest, organized, and most empowering experiences I have ever had. Everyone experienced dramatic improvement over this 4 day course--some reached ocean depths on a single breath of over 100 ft., others extended their breath hold capacity to over 4:30, and we all discovered how to dive deeper, reach our maximum depth more relaxed & comfortable, stay longer, and spear more fish, much, much safer!
Thanks Ted! Your Immersion Freediving Course ROCKS!

Ted Harty

Immersion Freediving
954-324-4444

Last edited by ImmersionFD; 06-05-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #71
Javimahi

Here is my review of Ted's class:

I just completed the Immersion Freediving Intermediate course that ran from May 29th - June 1st and in my opinion there is no better investment I could have made to better myself as a freediver/spearfisherman. No wetsuit, mask, fin, or speargun, whatever the cost, will come close to the skills and knowledge gained from this class. I quickly found out that for all these years I was breathing wrong, kicking wrong, overweighted, and most importantly diving in a very unsafe manner. Ted does a great job of demonstrating how all aspects of freediving are so interrelated that one cannot simply omit a portion of the program and expect to achieve the same result. He covers physiology, psychology, safety/rescue procedures, kick technique, proper breathing, loss of motor control/blackout, how to train/exercise, etc... He stresses that the class is not the end of your freediving education, it is just the beginning. He gives you the tools to be able to practice and train in the pool or on the couch, in the gym or in the ocean, and even how to warm up and kick in your dive reflex before spearfishing to really dive your best all day long.

If you are wondering whether the hype is true, well, the results speak for themselves. I have been freedive spearfishing since 2000 and in that time achieved a max depth of 80' and static time of 3:00 with no formal training. During the first pool session I had an easy 4:00 static and the next day with more coaching Ted helped me surpass my goal and get an awesome 5:30 static! During the 3 days of ocean diving we practiced warm up routines, rescues, kick cycles, and equalization techniques. On every dive, Ted is right there next to you and can help you get through any ear or nose equalization problems you may have as well as provide constructive criticism to get your technique nailed down for the final dives. On the last day I was able to set a new personal best of 30m/99ft and later improve it to 35.7m/117ft! After reaching that depth I realized that I would never have made it without using all of the knowledge from this course. Most importantly, we are drilled over and over and over again in the pool and ocean the difference between a loss of motor control and black out and how to rescue a diver whether on the surface or on ascent from a dive.

I think what makes the class so effective is the amount of control Ted has so that he can drill as much information in to your brain as possible in 4 days. By keeping the classes at a 5 person maximum you can get all the individual attention you need and it doesn't feel like your in high school or college lecture again. By going out on Ted's own boat, he can control what time the class leaves and returns so that it isn't limited to what a hired dive boat captain decides. My only gripe with the class would be that Ted flaunts his Big Green Egg cooking skills but we never get to try anything! I say you can improve the class by offering a BGE meal option! I have to give Ted a special thanks for jumping in the marina at the end of the last day to find my cell phone after it dropped onto the dock and bounced into the water, though I suspect he just wanted me to cover his tab at the Pirate Bar!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	117.JPG
Views:	477
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	206669  
Javimahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #72
brr8939

Hey guys, I've lurked on the board for a long time but haven't been able to dive much for the past few years so I haven't really been active. Took Ted's course a couple of months back and been meaning to post my review, so here it is:

I've been interested in freediving and taking a course for a long time but due to moving around, school and career I haven't really been able to get in the water or do any freediving for several years. So when my vacation time and Ted's intermediate course lined up I jumped at the chance but was a little concerned about being out of the game for so long. To give an idea of previous experience I lived at the beach years ago and did most of my spearfishing at 15-30 ft, with one dive to 80 ft. Max breath hold ever was 3:30 but like I said, it had literally been years since I had done any of this or put on a set of fins.

Luckily Ted is a great instructor and the course is formatted in a very intelligent manner to get you in the water early on but advances slowly enough to allow you to process the information and new motor skills so that it's not overwhelming. It's obvious that a lot of thought went into this. The first day I was really excited to get a 4 minute breath hold and jumped it up to 4:30 on our second day in the pool just using the newly learned techniques. The pool sessions really helped to dial in and automate entries, breathing patterns and kicking technique so that when we got to the ocean those things just needed minor tweaking and there was not a lot of wasted time. If you haven't already heard much of the course focuses on safety, for very good reason - freediving and spearfishing in particular is a sport that sees so many preventable deaths. Ted outlines very well the dangers, what works and what doesn't - the physiologic reasons for why this occurs, and how good safety techniques have actually increased the catch of many high level spearfishermen.

The aspect of the course that I found most fascinating however was the physiology portion. I work as a physician and so I have had quite a bit of education in these areas and I can say with all honesty that I was very impressed not only with Ted's knowledge of the material but also in how he presented it. There are several complex topics - the partial pressures of gases at depth and their effects on body tissues, the oxygen dissociation curve and the shifts that occur with varying levels of carbon dioxide, and how your breathing patterns tie into this, among others. All of it was simplified and presented in a manner that I believe it would be accessible to almost anyone regardless of their background, but it was done in a way that did not oversimplify or change the meaning of what is actually occurring within your body from a physiologic standpoint. Having learned these topics in depth in the past I can say that this is no small feat.

But the proof is in the pudding and by the last day of class I was able to hit 132 ft despite my lack of recent experience, which lends all the more credibility to Ted's assertion that freediving is to a large extent just technique. I believe practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent - and I'm very glad that I took the time to learn the best techniques possible so that all of my future diving will reinforce good habits instead of bad ones. On top if this Ted is a great guy and so were the other people in the class, I got to spend time in beautiful blue water and see Mahi and wahoo in their element. I would highly recommend this course from both a performance and more importantly a safety standpoint.

Hope this is helpful for someone - if you haven't taken some sort of freediving course I would definitely spend my money there first vs new equipment etc, much more bang for your buck and now I have a better idea of what equipment I want (need...?). Obviously I think a lot of Ted and his course but even if you can't take a class with him for whatever reason, getting some training in safety and technique from somewhere is, in my opinion, the best and safest way to get started and/or advance in this sport.

Brian

As an update - just got to meet up and go spearing with one of the guys I took the class with, mostly easy dives to 50 ft but a couple places were 70-80 and I was able to hunt there whereas before I was lucky to hit it, thanks Ted.
brr8939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #73
MiamiLuie

Immersion freediving review

Luis Alvarez, Aug 7-10 Intermediate course - 2014

Ted's course is the BEST gift you can give yourself if you want to DIVE DEEPER and STAY LONGER with more ease and confidence, while being SAFE!

This course is four days long, and it's structured like a gradual and effortless walk in the park!
You start by instantly going to the heart of diving physiology. Ted takes complex concepts and science, and makes them clear and easy to understand and digest, but most importantly, he walks you through everything your body will experience throughout the course from a-to-z. This allowed me to immediately distinguish the exact changes that were taking place in my body due to depth and pressure that I had never experienced before. Because of this, I felt like I always knew what was happening and coming next, which further allowed me to ease into the course and soak up all the knowledge Ted was cooking up for us. His instruction was incredibly relevant, sleek, seamless, and fun! I can't remember the last time I was THIS excited sitting in a classroom!

Along with the classroom instruction, Ted incorporates pool sessions which simulate deep pressure dives, blackout rescue scenarios, and breaks down freediving technique and other aspects of freediving from the tip of your snorkel to the tip of your fins. I was blown away while in the pool, when I realized how different my diving techniques were in reality versus how I envisioned them in my mind. That realization alone was GREAT, but Ted kept continuously tweeking my form to add extra torque, speed, energy conservation, and more overall efficiency to my every kick!

By the third day, we were diving in the ocean and hitting personal best after personal best! It was both exciting and so much FUN!
This is where Ted's instruction and knowledge made THE difference in my course. Near the end of the day, we were diving in the low 80s when I felf an ear drum squeeze. I recognized it, and I knew exactly what would happen if I ignored it. I knew how to deal with it, but If Ted hadn't been so thorough, I would have probably gone deeper that day and hurt my ear, which would have ended my course early. Instead, I told him what was going on and he instructed me on what to do in order to safely continue diving and finish my course.

Before I knew it, I completed my course by holding my breath to a new personal best of 5:30+ seconds with a previous best of 3:00+, and I ended diving down to 116' with a previous best of around 78.' I was not just proud of my results, but I was also really happy and blown away!

I've never felt so confident and comfortable freediving in my life, and I can now dive knowing that I am equipped with all the knowledge I need in order to handle any situation that may arise with me or anyone diving with me. Taking this course is a privilege!

Bottom line: if you want dive deeper, stay longer, and shoot WAY more fish, then you owe it to yourself to take this course!

Looking very much forward to taking more courses with you Ted.

Thank You again brother,

Luis Alvarez
MiamiLuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #74
Seandalyny

To Whom it May Concern

I just completed my PFI Free Diver Course with Ted Harty - What a great experience!

My recommendation to anyone who is serious about becoming a better free diver is to go see Ted at Immersion Freediving.

The course is hands on training that directly improves your diving ability. From moment one we were learning. Practicing breathing techniques and then jumping in. Class size is limited to 5 students. Which means everybody gets time with Ted. Safety was one of my biggest reasons for attending a free dive course. At Immersion Freediving safety is reflected at all times. In Ted's course safety is paramount. From classroom, to pool, to ocean, safety is discussed and a buddy system is practiced. You will leave a better safer diver!

I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to improve their free diving skills. Ted has the real world knowledge to teach. His many accomplishments in the sport coupled with his natural teaching ability makes Ted the best in the business. Ted can talk the talk, because he walks the walk.

-Sean Daly
Seandalyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #75
ImmersionFD
Sponsor

Luis and Sean,

Glad you enjoyed the course!

Below is video from Luis course.

Ted Harty

Immersion Freediving
954-324-4444