Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #46
Shootinfish

Re: Things to Ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mero28 View Post
hey man i think i can offer some insight. So you are right the universe does have a tendency towards chaos. its called entropy. but the thing is that only the whole universe must become more chaotic. small portions may become less chaotic, as long as the whole thing is more chaotic.

think of freezing water. the liquid molecules move freely within the container, in random directions at all times. then all of a sudden they crystallize, they stop moving, stop crashing, they organize. how can this be? if a fundamental law is that entropy always increases?? well, where did that energy go? the energy in the water left into the air. and that same amount of energy, applied to cold air, will make that cold air move way more quickly, and way more randomly than liquid water ever will.

In other words, the increase in chaos of the cold air, is greater than the decrease in chaos of the water. and overall chaos has increased, even though the water actually became more organized.

hope i helped explain that!
I appreciate your input and I can see your point. Its interesting to see the many views on the subject. It's to bad were going to have to die to find out who is right and who is wrong on the subject lol
Old 10-31-2018, 01:16 AM   #47
mepps1

https://www.foxnews.com/world/defami...an-court-rules

If you lefties aren't cool with this, feel free to say so.

Do I hear.............................................. .....Crickets?
Are oft repaid with hate.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:01 AM   #48
TheMackDaddy
The who's who of hoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/world/defami...an-court-rules

If you lefties aren't cool with this, feel free to say so.

Do I hear.............................................. .....Crickets?
i don't click on links.

make your own point (if possible) and i'll read it

Last edited by TheMackDaddy; 10-31-2018 at 02:16 AM.
TheMackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:17 AM   #49
mepps1

LOL. Crickets.

I wouldn't want you to risk getting a sore clicking finger anyway.
Are oft repaid with hate.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #50
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Why did healthcare become so expensive?

Quote:
It's been close to 40 years ago we saw the first insurance cards for prescriptions with fixed copays. It immediately became the pharmacists' job to do whatever was necessary to get the paperwork to the insurance company to get paid. If you didn't do it on time or correctly you simply did not get paid. It removed all responsibility from the patient and forced the RPh to become an agent for the insurance company, in effect his employee. Today some 90% of our time is spent with government (Obamacare) regs which do nothing to further the patient's health. It simply feeds the government/insurance complex and this time wasted will never be quantified for possible inefficiencies because we are now owned by the insurance companies in ways you can only dream of .

When I visit my physician for my check-ups, he is studiously entering data into his little laptop while in the room with me the entire time. His laptop is connected at the other end (hidden for a purpose) to the government who is sucking up each and every keystroke in real time. What we have is not healthcare, it's a perversion of our society for the promise of an entitlement that will never go down in cost but always, endlessly increase costs for the profits of a few elite.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:49 PM   #51
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMackDaddy View Post
this is a topic i love thinking about (the origin of the universe not the origin of life)

Unfortunately answering both of these questions is something that requires a more detailed understanding of science than non-scientists have. This is why we will always have religion around because not everyone decides to study science - which is a good thing because we need art and so on.

For how life came to be (much easier to explain) see this and more recent scientific papers which all cite this study:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller...rey_experiment

For how the universe came to be, that's a much more complex question. I am ok with admitting I don't ultimately know the answer to the unknowable. There totally could be a god, but he didn't create the world in accordance with the bible's account, this is a proven fact.

I won't get into details other than saying there didn't have to be a beginning. If god is eternal and always existed to create the universe, its less absurd to just say that the universe always existed and time is either (a) infinite in both directions, or (b) fails to exist or stops under known conditions in the universe (see theory of relativity, black holes, gravity etc)
The Miller- Urey experiment is laughable as an explanation for the origin of life.

https://creation.com/why-the-miller-...st-abiogenesis
Old 11-04-2018, 11:51 PM   #52
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMackDaddy View Post
i don't click on links.

make your own point (if possible) and i'll read it
Hypocrite. Are we not supposed to click on the several links you provided?
Old 11-05-2018, 12:00 AM   #53
North Star
Max

The impossibility of abiogenesis (life arising from non-life) is clearly demonstrated in Michael Behe's book Darwin's Black Box.

You can read it here for free: https://archive.org/details/MichaelBeheDarwinsBlackBox

The irreducible complexity of the single cell, the most basic form of life, makes abiogenesis impossible.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:40 PM   #54
techwiz44

Click image for larger version

Name:	ponder-this.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	240336

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #55
Marcus

Quote:
"A federal court ordered Hillary Clinton to answer more questions about her illicit email system – which is good news," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "It is shameful that Judicial Watch attorneys must continue to battle the State and Justice Departments, which still defend Hillary Clinton, for basic answers to our questions about Clinton’s email misconduct."
Hillary Clinton Ordered To Answer Additional Questions Under Oath About Private Email Server
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 11-16-2018, 03:22 PM   #56
North Star
Max

Hope they hang her. She has caused the deaths of many loyal citizens of the United States.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #57
Shootinfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
Hope they hang her. She has caused the deaths of many loyal citizens of the United States.
I'll furnish the rope, my time to help build the Gallo's, and the beer!
Old 11-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #58
Marcus

I think you two are missing the point of ponder. Why is the state and justice departments, that Trump has considerable sway over, protecting her?
Me thinks it's but another clue that the right is being hoodwinked. This identity politics is BS. You don't have to one or the other. You can support your ideals regardless of which side supports what. You know, independent thought? No blind allegiance to one side...like they would want you to act? That being said, there are very few Dems or Repubs that I'd ever vote for. The only candidates that I've wholly supported in my lifetime was Perot and the Paul's.

Last edited by Marcus; 11-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.