Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands Aloha - Paradise exists for the shooters of the Hawaiian Islands

Old 08-10-2017, 11:33 AM   #1
Hunter87

Headed to Kauai 8-14-17

Hey all,

I'm headed over to Kauai and I'm hoping to do some spearfishing. I'm staying with the family in Princeville. I've been looking at kauaispearfishingguide.com and think I'll book a trip with them.
I have only speared once before in Belize and I loved it, mostly lion fish and lobster (I know it's snare only for lobster in Hawaii). I bought a 7 for travel spear with a 3 prong tip for this trip.
I did read the old threads on here and got some good info, just writing this post to see if there are any tips or do's and don'ts that you guys would like to send my way. Or if anyone wants to show a rookie the ropes I'll be there for about a week. Heck even your favorite joint to eat or grab a beer.

Thanks in advance,
Curtis
Hunter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:09 PM   #2
Hunter87

Re: Headed to Kauai 8-14-17

Having a blast so far. Got into some fish with Kalani from kauaispearfishingguide.com on Wednesday. He was very informative but also let me do my thing, and it was super fun hunting with the gun. Took my pole out and a 5 footer that Kalani let us borrow and chased some more fish yesterday. Hoping to post some pics when I'm back. Mahalo.
Hunter87 is offline   Reply With Quote