Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2008 Tournament Archives > 2008 Southern Open Florida State Championship - June 21 & 22

2008 Southern Open Florida State Championship - June 21 & 22 This year's Southern open starts its photo competition on June 7 and its spearfishing competition on June 21, 2008

Old 06-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
Shelby

The day before the weigh-in

Everyone knows how WONDERFUL the weather was on that glorious day.
it was great shooting though. heres a few pics of the day out. [I mind you this was before the storms]

Old 06-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
Gradyman
Man on a Mission...

Re: The day before the weigh-in

Doesn't look too inviting...congrats Shelby on a great score & kind sportsmenship concerning the trophy!

If you lose your wealth you've lost nothing, if you lose your health you've lost something, if you lose your integrity you've lost everything.

When there is nothing left but God,you find out that God is all you need.

Our thoughts become words...words become actions...actions become habits...habits become character and it becomes our destiny.
Gradyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
gogators27
Lets shoot some fish!

Nice snapps! How big did they go?
gogators27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators27 View Post
Nice snapps! How big did they go?
Shelby's Mango was just under 7 and her biggest AR was just under 13 lbs. We keep a scale on board just to keep our heads strait when reporting. Here is a pic of her us checking her sow red.......Shelby likes to take care of her own stuff...... fish, gear, pack, guns, she does very well handling her gear. Now the boat on the other hand........I have to keep allot of cheese around to go with all the whine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_6106 (Medium).JPG
Views:	505
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	77789  
Old 06-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
gogators27
Lets shoot some fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Shelby's Mango was just under 7 and her biggest AR was just under 13 lbs. We keep a scale on board just to keep our heads strait when reporting. Here is a pic of her us checking her sow red.......Shelby likes to take care of her own stuff...... fish, gear, pack, guns, she does very well handling her gear. Now the boat on the other hand........I have to keep allot of cheese around to go with all the whine.
Thats cool... I need to get my wife trained to take care of her own stuff. Right now its me planning out all her gear and westuits and then cleaning and organizing it all when we get home. I do it happily but it would be nice if she would take it on.
gogators27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators27 View Post
Thats cool... I need to get my wife trained to take care of her own stuff. Right now its me planning out all her gear and westuits and then cleaning and organizing it all when we get home. I do it happily but it would be nice if she would take it on.
Grant, I got to tell ya, it's a beautiful thing to have it as good as I do. My wife helps get my lunch and gear together, helps with the ice, throws up the tanks and can back a trailer as well as a seasoned over the road trucker. If I don't have anyone going with me and Shelby, she will come and drop us all day in crappy seas without a wimper. There is no doubt, I got it good!